Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Benefit Cap

+3
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Benefit Cap Empty Benefit Cap Mon Jan 23 2012, 21:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am fucking pissed off with this country and it's ridiculous politicians.

At last it seemed the government was going to do something about all these scrubbers living the life of riley at the taxpayers expense by putting a cap on benefits that one family can get.

But what happens, the bloody politicians vote against it.

When are these wankers going to do something good for the FUTURE of this country. The only way we will get away from the benefits culture we live in is to reduce the amount people can claim. Benefits should provide enough for the basics like food and heat - not fucking Xboxes and £200 phones.

When you're unemployed you should be poor - why can't we just accept this?

2Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Mon Jan 23 2012, 21:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was actually (i think) shot down by the bishops in the lords?

Might be wrong.

and to be honest, who are we to argue with GOD?

3Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Mon Jan 23 2012, 21:37

For once we are in agreement. They should scrap benefits and just hand out food/heat stamps so that people can get the basics, this might encourage people to go out and find work.

4Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Mon Jan 23 2012, 21:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It was actually (i think) shot down by the bishops in the lords?

Might be wrong.

and to be honest, who are we to argue with GOD?

I am taking prayers on Sunday, I will be having a word with the boss.

5Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Mon Jan 23 2012, 21:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There's something wrong somewhere when you can be better off on benefits than actually working!

What's the point in anybody working if that is the case?

Something as got to be done sooner or later.

6Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Mon Jan 23 2012, 21:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

God's plan is bigger than Xbox's and 200 quid phones (must be a shit phone!)

and let's be honest how many people on benefits actually do just sit around and splash on tv's and stuff.

no body knows, the papers like to troll us with this shit (as do you nat) and find the most extravagant cases of benefit fraud and opulence to outrage, it sells papers.

should there be benefits? IMO yes, certainly for people out of work, actively looking to do so.

7Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Mon Jan 23 2012, 21:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

should there be benefits? IMO yes, certainly for people out of work, actively looking to do so.

There should be benefits I agree - in fact I would increase them massively for the disabled and their carers.

However, we seem to have gone down the road of giving people too many benefits - the more kids you have the more cash you get. In an already over populated world where is the incentive to stop creating more kids?

At some point someone has to make the tough decisions to benefit the country in the future - unfortunately it's all about the next election.

8Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Mon Jan 23 2012, 21:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree about that; but it's about education. I used to live basically on a council estate when i was about 13 and the majority of the houses there are fcuked up, (went in a few to visit mates) filthy holes, cars buried in the lawn, plastic ride on toys everywhere, all my mates had "big families."

Generation after generation of people don't know any other way to live, they don't go to school, they get pregnant ASAP with some nob from the estate, get their house, and the chain goes on.

9Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Mon Jan 23 2012, 21:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Generation after generation of people don't know any other way to live, they don't go to school, they get pregnant ASAP with some nob from the estate, get their house, and the chain goes on.

I agree, but if benefits were only enough to have Netto food on the table and the heating on in the evenings things would change over time.

10Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Mon Jan 23 2012, 22:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Generation after generation of people don't know any other way to live, they don't go to school, they get pregnant ASAP with some nob from the estate, get their house, and the chain goes on.

I agree, but if benefits were only enough to have Netto food on the table and the heating on in the evenings things would change over time.

trust me they wouldn't. These people would turn to crime, hell a lot of them do anyway.

I used to wander around shops while mates would steal all kinds of crap; i stopped going out with most of them when they started vandalising cars and gardens "for fun"

It wasn't in me because i came from a "normal" place into that environment, but for them it was their life.

11Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Mon Jan 23 2012, 22:15

i grew up in a council house and my parents still do. my dad cared for my mum and they got quite a lot of help from the government with benefits and stuff. if there is a benefit cap a lot of decent folk will suffer.

12Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24 2012, 10:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I blame it on the decline of the bicycle manufacturing industry. Years ago, folk would get on their bikes and go and find work.

The likes of Sir Nuts Dad are a dying breed.

13Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24 2012, 11:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If they are going to put a cap on anything how about capping the number of kids people out of work can have to 2.
It just annoys the hell out me when you see women living on there own with 3-4 kids and getting benefits for shagging about with any tom dick or harry.

14Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24 2012, 11:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree. People shouldn't have children if they can't afford them. Why should the tax payer have to subsidise their frivolous lifestyle ?

15Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24 2012, 11:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:i grew up in a council house and my parents still do. my dad cared for my mum and they got quite a lot of help from the government with benefits and stuff. if there is a benefit cap a lot of decent folk will suffer.

This is true, I'm not saying for a minute disabled people and their carers should be hit - it's the chavs who seem to have enough money to stay in the pub/bookies all day that I think we should target.

16Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24 2012, 12:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:
not-so-plain-jayne wrote:i grew up in a council house and my parents still do. my dad cared for my mum and they got quite a lot of help from the government with benefits and stuff. if there is a benefit cap a lot of decent folk will suffer.

This is true, I'm not saying for a minute disabled people and their carers should be hit - it's the chavs who seem to have enough money to stay in the pub/bookies all day that I think we should target.

Aye, you mean the ones who are in the pubs 24/7 everyday and watching the bolton games on a dodgy foreign channel calling them selves proper bolton fans.

Not enough money to pay the bills but always enough for cigs and a pint.

17Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24 2012, 12:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And don't forget the ubiquitous Sky dishes and big fuck off Flat screen TV's that they all seem to have as standard.

18Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24 2012, 12:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:And don't forget the ubiquitous Sky dishes and big fuck off Flat screen TV's that they all seem to have as standard.

True, but those TV's come free with the £50 a month phone contracts that they take out with the carephone warehouse. Rolling Eyes

19Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24 2012, 18:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Aye, you mean the ones who are in the pubs 24/7 everyday and watching the bolton games on a dodgy foreign channel calling them selves proper bolton fans.

Not enough money to pay the bills but always enough for cigs and a pint.

And how do you know they are on benefits, do they have it tattooed on their heads?

Or are you just tarring people who dress a certain way with the same brush?

20Benefit Cap Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24 2012, 18:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
And how do you know they are on benefits, do they have it tattooed on their heads?

Or are you just tarring people who dress a certain way with the same brush?

Oh get real, are you trying to say they're all retired millionaires?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum