Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Benefit Cap

+3
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
And how do you know they are on benefits, do they have it tattooed on their heads?

Or are you just tarring people who dress a certain way with the same brush?

Oh get real, are you trying to say they're all retired millionaires?

how the fcuk can you know if a person is in a pub 24/7, unless of course, you are as well.

22Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Perhaps she's a retired millionaire?

23Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
how the fcuk can you know if a person is in a pub 24/7, unless of course, you are as well.

Go to any pub, usually a Wetherspoons to be honest, and look out for males aged 25-35 dressed in tracksuits and baseball caps.

If the time is between 1-5 I'll guarantee you that at least 75% are on benefits.

24Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Go to any pub, usually a Wetherspoons to be honest, and look out for males aged 25-35 dressed in tracksuits and baseball caps.

If the time is between 1-5 I'll guarantee you that at least 75% are on benefits.

right so you are just judging them by clothes.

cool.

25Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

cool.

Clothes, attitude, lack of a shower.

Don't go all PC on me LG.

26Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

cool.

Clothes, attitude, lack of a shower.

Don't go all PC on me LG.

what do you think about these Big Issue sellers who aren't homeless?

There was one i saw the other day in Glasgow who had 1 eye but hadn't had the socket covered over.

didn't buy a copy anyway

27Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least they are out in all weather trying to earn some money.

28Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There might be a lot more to it than that RT -

Buying them at £1.25 and selling them for £2.50 means this is hardly a lucrative day’s work in itself – until the benefits it potentially unlocks are considered

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2090012/One-Big-Issue-sellers-Romanian-homes-AND-claim-benefits.html#ixzz1kPaGF26t

29Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another example of why our once proud country sold it's soul to the EU.

30Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:13 am

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Chin up fellas. If it's any consolation, the pussification of society is happening in other western countries too. We have an exciting speech from perhaps the least economically informed POTUS in history tonight. Tonight's message is about a 'fair shot'. Rather than a shot in the arm, and a message of strength/circling the wagons/pulling yourself up by your bootstraps, it'll be Karl Marx's little brother trying to put more solar panels on our rooflines and offering gimmick tax breaks that have no impact on investor, consumer, employer sentiment.

31Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:14 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:There might be a lot more to it than that RT -

Buying them at £1.25 and selling them for £2.50 means this is hardly a lucrative day’s work in itself – until the benefits it potentially unlocks are considered

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2090012/One-Big-Issue-sellers-Romanian-homes-AND-claim-benefits.html#ixzz1kPaGF26t

But that also happens the other way round. How many Brits live in Spain, or Portugal claiming as many local benefits for a comfortable lifestyle whilst there, while on the other hand they are renting out their house, in Britain, to either students, DSS, or Eastern europeans and raking in the profits? Quite a lot. But why is this never investigated by the Daily Mail?

32Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:46 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:There might be a lot more to it than that RT -

But that also happens the other way round. How many Brits live in Spain, or Portugal claiming as many local benefits for a comfortable lifestyle whilst there, while on the other hand they are renting out their house, in Britain, to either students, DSS, or Eastern europeans and raking in the profits? Quite a lot. But why is this never investigated by the Daily Mail?

BWFC71, I think the basic difference is that most Brits who leave here to go and live in the likes of Spain and Portugal are able to afford it. They tend to be well off enough to buy somewhere over there and retire on their income.

Most of the eastern Europeans who come here don't seem to have a pot to piss in and seem to head straight for the DWP with the begging bowl.

Australia has the right idea. Any immigrants are means tested and must have sufficient income to be able to pay their own way rather than sponge on the state.

33Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:39 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

RT, I can actually say this from a personal viewpoint.. You know that I live just outside Amsterdam, and spend most of my free-time in the city.

I know many British that do actually come over that do not have the money to sustain a couple of nights, never mind a so-called life, in the city and they screw the system for what they can get. Many are given an emergency hand-out which helps them find somewhere to live (whether it be shared housing or local council housing) and then they claim unemployment benefit. Now here is where it gets interesting as the system in NL means they actually get 80% of what their last wage was for the first 12 months and then get the minimum wage thereafter - which is still a hell of a lot more than what anyone would receive back in the UK, plus they will still get holiday pay from the government, which is 8% of the annual benefit, and even get tax back on their benefits!!!)

All I am trying to show, here, is that it does actually happen the other way as well but very rarely, if ever, gets commented about. I honestly think the British press just want to ignore the flipside on always seem intent on damaging British relationship with our European neighbours by showing the small percentage of those who try to beat the system whilst not showing that the Brits can/are the same the other way round.

If anything I do find that many Eastern Europeans do try to keep within the system as they do want to work legally and positively. Yes there are always a small percentage but the same can be said about the British "workers" or non-workers.

But the funniest thing is here, something which we all tend to completely ignore, are the people that come on visa and stay much longer after their visa runs out and there is only one nationality that seem to do that more than other nationality and they are Australians!!! - Is it because they speak English that we ignore that glaring fact?

34Benefit Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefit Cap Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:48 am

I buy the Big Issue off a Romanian lady who hangs around outside Sainsbury's all day, it's a decent read.
As for the benefits cap, I agree with the consensus on here - we need small government financial policies with big government social policies. :smashed:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum