Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Holes Are Bigger

+4
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:15

My lad has been playing full contact rugby since 5. Think it's you who is missing the point nat

22The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Most kids i know do boxing or play for a football team.

You're missing the point. So did kids 20, 30 or 40 years ago.

Not many did as they do today, not at 5 or 6.

They get brought up in a tougher world today.

Scott, go and Google "World War Two", you might find it interesting and enlightening.

Was you a kid in WW2?

23The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:18

I think both nat and breaders are missing the point. Kids given half the chance would do all the things we did as kids given half a chance. Its the parents and society in general that have gone soft.

24The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:19

No, I was fighting the Germans at Monte Cassino.

25The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:20

Breadman wrote:No, I was fighting the Germans at Monte Cassino.

:rofl:

26The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:I think both nat and breaders are missing the point. Kids given half the chance would do all the things we did as kids given half a chance. Its the parents and society in general that have gone soft.

Of course. They'd all put down their Playstations to climb trees in the woods.

27The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'll need to be more specific, Scott thinks Monte Cassino is in Las Vegas.

28The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:23

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:I think both nat and breaders are missing the point. Kids given half the chance would do all the things we did as kids given half a chance. Its the parents and society in general that have gone soft.

Of course. They'd all put down their Playstations to climb trees in the woods.

My lad has a wii. Probably played it on it 3 times in a year. Hes climbed more trees than he has played a playstation. It is down to the parenting......and dare i say it the local area as to what is provided for them. We had parks and youth clubs and was allowed to play out with friends. Kids today stifled by both there parents and the environment.

29The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My son is out now, probably climbing on someones garage roof, i shit you not.

30The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:24

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You'll need to be more specific, Scott thinks Monte Cassino is in Las Vegas.

What. ....it isn't?

I take back my :rofl:

31The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boys are boys, end of, doesn't matter if its now or 30 years ago.

There is more pressure on young people today, than 20 or 30 years ago though.

32The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:29

scottjames30 wrote:Boys are boys, end of, doesn't matter if its now or 30 years ago.

This i agree with. Kids are under alot more pressure and stress. I used to hate going to school because of some of the wankers there but when i got home i didn't have to worry about it again until the next day. Now there is no escape.

Social media
Mobiles

Id hate to be a kid today

33The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:30

scottjames30 wrote:Boys are boys, end of, doesn't matter if its now or 30 years ago.

Pressure to do what?

Rack up 500 "friends" on Faceybook?

Or appear on Britain's Got Talent?

Bollocks!

They've got it easy nowadays.

If they had to use an outside khazi full of spiders in Winter, they'd shit 'emselves.

(Which would be ironic.)

34The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our school sports period was a joy.
We had javelins! It was like the battle of Rorke's Drift.
The medicine ball was also a handy weapon. You could drop it from the top of the monkey bars onto the head of an unsuspecting mate.
The climbing ropes were used for 'human conkers'.
The trampoline was a death trap.
It was the highlight of the week,and completely unsupervised.

35The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:43

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Pressure to do what?

Rack up 500 "friends" on Faceybook?

Or appear on Britain's Got Talent?

Bollocks!

They've got it easy nowadays.

If they had to use an outside khazi full of spiders in Winter, they'd shit 'emselves.

(Which would be ironic.)
Pressure to look after themselves from a young age, most kids will fend for themselves at 18, i left home at 16.

18 year olds are more grown up today then 20 or 30 years ago.

36The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:52

I honestly can't tell who's winding who up on this thread now..... Very Happy

37The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I honestly can't tell who's winding who up on this thread now..... Very Happy
Are you winding me up Bread?

38The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:54

Erm, yeah......I think.

Not sure any more..... scratch

39The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I blame whittam, Clive's head must be fucked by now.

40The Holes Are Bigger - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holes Are Bigger Sat Aug 22 2015, 20:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

This i agree with. Kids are under alot more pressure and stress.  I used to hate going to school because of some of the wankers there but when i got home i didn't have to worry about it again until the next day. Now there is no escape.

Social media
Mobiles

Id hate to be a kid today
Take your lad boxing, johnny.

He'll love it, if he likes rugby he'll take to it like a duck to water.

Plus he will be able to handle himself when he goes to High school.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum