Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackburn 0-0 Bolton

+15
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
JAH
Jack Russell
karlypants
Keegan
terenceanne
wanderlust
scottjames30
Norpig
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Blackburn 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackburn 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 29 2015, 09:18

I thought we were fortunate not to be 2 down in the first half and really we were very lucky that Shane Duffy can't direct a header. The defending and organisation from set pieces started out abysmally but improved enough for us to escape. The lack of communication was seriously worrying though - Blackburns first free kick half the team dropped at the last minute and broke the line, somebody (dervite or prince) needs to be taking charge.

I thought Prince showed some good signs as a defender but his distribution was poor, nearly dropping Moxey in it a few times; Moxey had a very poor game, position ally got caught out by Blackburns winger and full back way too often.

It's time to drop Danns, iv been a fan of him but we need someone mkre physical in there to break up play, I'm not sure Danns has the positional discipline to sit in, Feeney also wasn't great I like him but he runs down blind alleys too often.

Madines getting some unfair criticism for me, he didn't get much service at all and what he did with the ball with his back to goal was genuinely very good, his first touch and hold up play was strong. Problem is mobility he doesn't get in the box or make enough runs for me, desperately needs a partner who plays close to him. Cloughs at his best in the penalty area where defenders are more worried about muscling him, if we could play him up front with Mavies behind I think the goals would start to come, he showed good flashes again though.

MOTM for me was Mark Davies, he's not a DM but he worked hard, got stuck in and was reliable when he got on the ball. Hope he stays fit as he's class.

Oh and Dervites a complete twat, so unprofessional getting sent off there

Amos - 6 not a huge amount to do but he's quality

Wilson - 5 bit all over the place
Dervite - 4 inexcusable sending off
Price - 6 made some vital interceptions and blocks, think he needs a leader net to him though
Moxey - 4 too much came down the right for Blackburn although he tightened up in the last 20 minutes. Wasteful shooting too.

Danns - 5 worked hard but not a DM and got over ran
Mavies - 7 said it above
Silva - 6 lucky not to be sent off, exciting to watch but needs better service and end product
Feeney - 6 same old
Clough - 6.5 like Mavies keeps the ball well and looks like he could make something happen, didn't quite get hold of the game though

Madine - 6 needs a goal, desperately.

82Blackburn 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackburn 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 29 2015, 11:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I actually thought Danns played well. Mark Davies looked a class above last night which probably means a month of anonymous performances from him are now due!

83Blackburn 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackburn 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 29 2015, 11:54

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I actually thought Danns played well. Mark Davies looked a class above last night which probably means a month of anonymous performances from him are now due!

I think it was more a problem with tactics than anything else with Danns, he played fine but he's not disciplined enough with his position to be what we needed last night which was a defensive midfielder. Too often he'd be out of position and Blackburn would break, needed him to sit.

Agree about Mavies, great performance.

84Blackburn 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackburn 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 29 2015, 11:58

Do we not think that Davies' creative ability is being wasted, playing so deep though?

I'd rather see him playing further up the park where he can slot passes through for Clough to run on to.

That way we may be less reliant on lumping it up to Madine.

85Blackburn 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackburn 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 29 2015, 12:05

Ye I think you're right Bread, only problem with Mavies at number 10 is that he goes missing. Need to get a good supply into him really, which we rarely did in the time he played there.

86Blackburn 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackburn 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 29 2015, 12:31

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All the above theories might work...but surely first step is to stop hoofing it?

We are cutting out our own midfield all the time.

87Blackburn 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackburn 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 29 2015, 13:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Do we not think that Davies' creative ability is being wasted, playing so deep though?

I'd rather see him playing further up the park where he can slot passes through for Clough to run on to.

His creativity is a myth. Look at the stats, hardly created a goal since he joined.

Laughable that people think he was "great" last night.

88Blackburn 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackburn 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 29 2015, 13:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:Do we not think that Davies' creative ability is being wasted, playing so deep though?

His creativity is a myth. Look at the stats, hardly created a goal since he joined.

I'm with you on this. Thought he did well, worked hard but was not great - especially in the "creativity" department, notably a couple of good runs from the forwards were begging for a good through ball and he underplayed the passes all night. Easy meat for the Rovers defence and with some better passing Mavies could have opened the door for us - he certainly had the opportunities.

And I thought Moxey did really well despite being caught upfield a couple of times. Never been a fan of his, but I thought last night was the best game he's had for us. Some great tackles, interceptions and phenomenal work rate to support the attack. He and Prince were my MOTM.

89Blackburn 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackburn 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 29 2015, 13:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was interesting to see former Bolton triallist Modou Barrow come on. One of those where it seemed inevitable he would score but thankfully didn't.

Also interesting to see Alex Finney making the bench. Seems like Lennon is still experimenting with the development squad or at least starting to prepare them for games, but he doesn't seem to want to throw in more than a couple of youngsters in the same game.

Also surprised that Spearing didn't start seeing as he was at Rovers last season and did OK in his first game back for us.

Interesting game that again emphasised our inability to create but also our susceptibility at the back against tall attackers. After watching that it wouldn't surprise me if opposition teams start lumping into the box more often.

90Blackburn 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackburn 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 29 2015, 22:32

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

As per my comment earlier....hard for Mavis or anybody else to be creative when the back four just hoof it past them.
After Watching Arsenal and City.....not sure either team hoofed the ball once between them.  And yes I expect a professional footballer to be able to pass a ball ten feet. Lumping it in is the easy way out.

91Blackburn 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackburn 0-0 Bolton Sun Aug 30 2015, 08:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we need Pratley back soon as so we can push Mavies further forward. He is wasted sitting further back. Would also like to see Vela play instead of Danns.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum