Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be more German

+17
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Bolton Nuts
Norpig
boltonbonce
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Chairmanda
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 33]

461Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Sep 06 2015, 15:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe this is happening.

462Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Sep 06 2015, 16:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Nah you just can't read, try again.

Post a photo of you with a refugee and I'll believe you.

463Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Sep 06 2015, 20:06

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How times have changed since king Richard the lion heart, Dear me.

464Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 06:39

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Looks like the Krauts are getting restless:

Migrant crisis: Germany to start temporary border controls - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34239674

465Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 07:09

If only they had more help.

466Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 10:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Perhaps they've been counting the €? Furthermore they've stated that migrants can't just pick where they want to go which seems pretty reasonable.
Perhaps they've got pissed off with the migrants belligerant attitudes which appears to come across in the media?
Some of them look young, healthy, fit men perhaps they should give them guns and send them back to Syria?
Perhaps some of them already have access to guns and are preparing for mischief?
Perhaps there's nowhere to house them?
Perhaps the locals are now starting to realise that 800,000 are a big hit on services?
Send Jeremy over, he was big in admin till he entered politics over 40 years ago?
Thank god for the water!

467Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 12:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I noticed over the weekend that a lot of the refugees in Austria waiting to go into Germany look in incredibly good condition. They all appear to be well dressed and some were clean shaven. They interviewed one guy from Afghanistan who looked so healthy that he is unlikely to have trekked across Serbia on foot and another guy from Syria got on his mobile phone to his relatives in Alleppo to give them the good news.
I do think it is vitally important that Europe finds a way to differentiate between the genuine refugee asylum seekers and those who are  are simply economic migrants  otherwise the benevolence shown by the west is going to start wearing pretty thin.

468Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 13:12

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A lot of these people have paid thousands to get on the boats across the Med. Why didn't they spend the money getting to a Western consulate and obtaining travel documents then flying to the friendly country at a fraction of the cost? Probably if they went the "Official" route they couldn't be classed as refugees, but they could have applied for political asylum. I can't believe that all these fit, well fed young men would leave wives, mothers, children, siblings behind. Perhaps once they settle they'll send for all their relatives. It's going to be a wait and see game.

469Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 13:21

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A walk down Bradshawgate about half ten at night will show what poverty is compared to some of these men on the telly talking the talk.
I saw one mon on the bbc world news slagging europe off and saying he's going back to Syria!
Perhaps Lesbos doesn't have a Hotel Metropole to put them all in?
The Greeks are getting seriously pissed off with them as well, apparently they pay no discord to registering as is required and try to jump ferry boats for other islands!

470Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 13:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When we eventually have troops on the ground fighting for these refugees, are the able bodied ones going to join the force and go back to fight for their country?

Like fuck they will, they will be all tucked up in their beds here when our own lads will be dying!

Will they all be going back to their own country when peace is finally there to help rebuild their country?

Nope, can't see that either as they are here for everything they can get!

I'm glad we are not taking any more of them!

471Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 13:43

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:When we eventually have troops on the ground fighting for these refugees, are the able bodied ones going to join the force and go back to fight for their country?

Like fuck they will, they will be all tucked up in their beds here when our own lads will be dying!

Will they all be going back to their own country when peace is finally there to help rebuild their country?

My sentiments exactly I'm afraid. They talk about Syrian refugee crisis when there's Afghans, Eritreans, Libyans, etc in the mix. One guy this morning on the world news was from Damascus, has it fallen to ISIS?
For every one that is genuine, there's one taking the piss!
The problem is deciphering which one?
And that is why I'm for pulling the drawbridge up!!

472Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 13:48

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Interesting article on the subject by comedian Frankie Boyle of all people.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/commentisfree/2015/aug/03/cameron-swarm-plague-god-migrants-calais

473Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 14:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like public opinion is turning 1874. When are the refugees turning up at your place?

474Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 14:41

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Quite rich coming from him that I'm afraid. Either he's stoned when he performs or he was stoned when he wrote that!
Yet another balloon who hasn't done the money math.
Just seen it on the news about Assad's army fighting ISIS, why have some of these men coming over not joined up?
Easy option, leave like the Iraqis, when they dropped their guns?
Perhaps Assad should shut Syria and 17 million flood into Europe?

475Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 15:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Quite rich coming from him that I'm afraid. Either he's stoned when he performs or he was stoned when he wrote that!
Yet another balloon who hasn't done the money math.
Just seen it on the news about Assad's army fighting ISIS, why have some of these men coming over not joined up?
Easy option, leave like the Iraqis, when they dropped their guns?
Perhaps Assad should shut Syria and 17 million flood into Europe?
This is exactly what I am saying.

476Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 16:30

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So they've finally run out of sweets and teddy bears then?

477Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 16:46

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's gonna burst like a fucking bag of shit this lot and we'll finish up paying for it all!!

478Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 16:52

karlypants wrote:When we eventually have troops on the ground fighting for these refugees, are the able bodied ones going to join the force and go back to fight for their country?

Hahahaha

Oh dear.

479Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 16:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thought this was interesting from BBC's Robert Peston from a week ago when Germany seemed to be letting everybody in -

There is an economic and demographic backdrop to the differential policies towards asylum-seekers of Germany and the UK - to Germany's relatively open door, that compares with the UK's heavily fortified portal (which will be opened just a bit by David Cameron later today).

The two relevant points (leaving aside moral ones) are that:
1.the UK's population is rising fast, whereas Germany's is falling fast;
2.the dependency ratio (the proportion of expensive older people in the population relative to able-bodied, tax-generating workers) is rising much quicker in Germany than in the UK.

So to put it another way, it is arguably particularly useful to Germany to have an influx of young grateful families from Syria or elsewhere, who may well be keen to toil and strive to rebuild their lives and prove to their hosts that they are not a burden - in the way that successive immigrant waves have done all over the world (including Jews like my family in London's East End).

Here are the European Commission's projections from its Ageing Report that was published earlier this year.

It projects that Germany's population will shrink from 81.3 million in 2013 to 70.8 million in 2060, whereas the UK's will rise from 64.1 million to 80.1 million.

As you can see, what is striking is that the UK is set to become the EU's most populous country, ahead of Germany and France, as a result of a relatively high fertility rate and greater projected rates of net migration.

It is probably relevant that the Commission forecasts that the proportion of the German population in 2060 represented by migrants arriving after 2013 would be 9%, compared with 14% in the UK. So Germany would be a lot less multicultural than the UK.

As for the dependency ratio, the percentage of those 65 and over compared with those aged between 15 and 64, that is forecast to rise from 32% to a very high 59% in Germany by 2060.

Or to put it another way, by 2060 there will be fewer than two Germans under 65 to work and generate taxes to support each German over 65.

Because people are living longer more or less everywhere, the dependency ratio is also set to increase in the UK, but by less - from 27% to 43%. Which still represents a massive increase in the burden on the younger generation of supporting the old, but not as great as in Germany.

One way of seeing the impact of ageing is in differences in the relative burdens on the public finances of support required by older people.

So in Germany, age-related spending on pensions, health and long-term care is expected to rise by a hefty five percentage points of GDP or national income by 2060, more than double the projected 2.3% increase anticipated for the UK.

Here is the thing. Wherever you stand in the debate on whether immigration is a good or bad thing - and most economists would argue that immigration promotes growth - right now immigration looks much more economically useful to Germany than to the UK.

That is perhaps one of the unspoken reasons why Germany is being much more welcoming to asylum seekers from Syria and elsewhere right now.

That said, some business leaders and a couple of Tory ministers gave me what can only be described as an off-message critique of David Cameron's approach to the migrant crisis over the weekend.

They said that Angela Merkel is creaming off the most economically useful of the asylum seekers, by taking those that have shown the gumption and initiative to risk life and limb by fleeing to Europe.

Precedent suggests they will be the ones that find work fastest and impose the least economic burden on Germany or any other host country.

By contrast, David Cameron appears to be doing what many would see as the more morally admirable thing - which is to go to the Syrian camps and invite children and the most vulnerable of refugees to Britain.

But this version of living up to what the prime minister calls our moral responsibilities is undeniably more expensive in the short term than giving a welcome to the able-bodied refugees already in Hungary, Greece or Italy, and desperate to come here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34172729

480Be more German - Page 24 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Sep 14 2015, 16:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spot on

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum