Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liverpool's new boss is - Brendan Rodgers

+2
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How quickly in this game can someone go from being the most exciting prospect in management to being wanted by nobody?

OK, he could be just the quality coach that everyone believes he is, but his CV and reputation is no better than Coyle's twelve months ago.

Swansea fans will be cursing their luck and understandably so, but we'd have felt the same last year had a bigger club taken Coyle from us. Yet here the majority of us are, 12 months down the line wishing somebody had.

Or is there evidence that Rodgers is more than just a one season wonder?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:How quickly in this game can someone go from being the most exciting prospect in management to being wanted by nobody?

OK, he could be just the quality coach that everyone believes he is, but his CV and reputation is no better than Coyle's twelve months ago.

Swansea fans will be cursing their luck and understandably so, but we'd have felt the same last year had a bigger club taken Coyle from us. Yet here the majority of us are, 12 months down the line wishing somebody had.

Or is there evidence that Rodgers is more than just a one season wonder?

He's done a fantastic job with Swansea on a limited budget, but the step up to Liverpool where they expect so much will almost certainly end the way it did for Roy Hodgson.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When Coyle had us 8th and in the FA cup semi people thought he was the dogs bollocks.

Brendan Rogers did a terrific job this season, fantastic. I'd have been interested to see if he could have repeated the task next season.

He's jumping at the right time.

I hope he does well in a way but considering it's Liverpool it's difficult to wish him well.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Coyle to Swansea?

(I've got my fingers crossed!)

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't think Liverpool's never-satisfied fans will give Rodgers the time he will need to rebuild the club from the bottom up, which it surely needs.

He is a master coach and tactician and is brilliant at squeezing every ounce of ability and commitment out of his players.

Is he ready for a club as big as Liverpool? I am unsure.

Swansea fans will be absolutely devastated and they are now in my favourites for relegation next season.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He didn't do too well at Reading though did he.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sorry Hipster, just to be clear, I was offering my opinion on Rodgers in 2012 not 2009.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah i agree with you, like i said incredible job at Swansea, fantastic.

but i think it's interesting to have a look at a managers full career especially when they get a high profile job like this.

Personally anyway.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fair enough, but there aren't many top managers who haven't failed somewhere in their career. I say 'failed', but clubs sack managers too quickly in general these days anyway. You don't get the 2 years Ferguson got at Man Utd anywhere.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

largehat wrote: You don't get the 2 years Ferguson got at Man Utd anywhere.

Except Bolton.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The forgotten man in this is Roberto Martinez. On the radar for Swansea now perhaps.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
largehat wrote: You don't get the 2 years Ferguson got at Man Utd anywhere.

Except Bolton.

It's true to say that Bolton has never been a club which sacks managers lightly, but there are very few clubs like that left.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum