Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next England Boss

+10
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
xmiles
karlypants
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
whatsgoingon
Reebok Trotter
rammywhite
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Next England Boss Empty Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 09:21

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The appointment of the next England boss is crucial given that there is a squad of young players with real potential available. Who would you give it to?
I'd give it to Big Sam because he's got a good football brain but above all he shows real passion as a manager and isn't afraid to make tough decisions

2Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 09:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:The appointment of the next England boss is crucial given that there is a squad of young players with real potential available. Who would you give it to?
I'd give it to Big Sam because he's got a good football brain but above all he shows real passion as a manager and isn't afraid to make tough decisions

I concur Rammy. Big Sam has flown back to England from Austria where Sunderland are doing pre- season training. He is due to be interviewed for the post this week.

3Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 10:59

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
rammywhite wrote:The appointment of the next England boss is crucial given that there is a squad of young players with real potential available. Who would you give it to?

I concur Rammy. Big Sam has flown back to England from Austria where Sunderland are doing pre- season training. He is due to be interviewed for the post this week.
Tomorrow he's being interviewed, I think Sam will see through some of the hype of the so called potential of the young players and spot the ones who are mainly hype like Sterling and to a lesser extent Kane.
I believe it's time he was given a shot with a young manager to mentor which seems to be what they're looking for, which then leaves the question which young manager?
My choice despite a sticky start for him in management would be Gary Neville.

4Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 12:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The FA will never give it to Sam. He's not enough of a 'yes' man for them and he won't kow-tow to the blazer brigade. They'll interview him but it's more for PR than anything else. They'll be able to say "We considered Sam Allardyce and he was very impressive but we felt Glen Hoddle (who I still think will get it in the  end) was a slightly better choice."

Cynical I know but the FA has passed up the best available option since Terry Venables was forced out and I can't see it changing anytime soon.

5Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 13:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I clicked on this thread to see if anyone had gone for Allardyce- and lo and behold it's a Fat Sam fest. Tend to agree with Peter on this as the FA are very set in their ways.
Whoever gets the job needs better players though as the current set of overpaid prima donnas are just not good enough on the international stage.

6Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 13:22

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:I clicked on this thread to see if anyone had gone for Allardyce- and lo and behold it's a Fat Sam fest. Tend to agree with Peter on this as the FA are very set in their ways.
Whoever gets the job needs better players though as the current set of overpaid prima donnas are just not good enough on the international stage.
 I wouldn't call 5 entries a Big Sam fest as only 3 of them said he might be the man for the job.
Lusty- broaden the discussion. Who do you think should be appointed?

7Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 13:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has got to be English, I can't be doing with a foreign manager again.

8Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 13:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I clicked on this thread to see if anyone had gone for Allardyce- and lo and behold it's a Fat Sam fest. Tend to agree with Peter on this as the FA are very set in their ways.
 I wouldn't call 5 entries a Big Sam fest as only 3 of them said he might be the man for the job.
Lusty- broaden the discussion. Who do you think should be appointed?
Should? No harm in giving Allardyce a shot but that's on the old-fashioned principle that a "no-nonsense" manager is needed to sort out poncey prima donnas, so I guess there are loads who fit that bill including BWFC youth product Steve Evans.

But there's a difference between what should happen and what will probably happen.

9Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 14:18

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

In my opinion what Allardyce will do is put together a template for how we're going to play and pick the best players for that on current form, too many managers have been guilty of being blinded by hype and reputation and then tried to shoehorn them into the team at the expense of systems and plans.
Italy in the Euro's were a good example of that, the plan was set and players that came in fitted straight in, and they new what to do when they had to move to plan B to.
Hodgeson didn't have a clue how best to set up, and that's why in all games we looked clueless.

10Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 15:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Give it to BSA!

11Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 16:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I heard that they may be giving it to Allardyce on the radio, but that may just be speculation. But the guy sounded reasonably confident.

12Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 16:59

Just said on ssn that he has flew back to make signings. 

Yeah right!

13Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 17:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

14Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 18:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It has to be Sam, someone that called a ponce a ponce, and not has more potential .

15Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 19:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should have got the job when he left us. Reckon we'd have come a damn sight closer to winning something

16Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 20:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

People might say Allardyce's style of play is crap, but how many international teams can you name that are good to watch anyway?

I think he's up there with Ferguson in terms of getting the best out of players, but I do think it will just be yet another loser with no personality who fucks off with £15m+ after four years of failure.

17Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 20:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I do think it will just be yet another loser with no personality who fucks off with £15m+ after four years of failure.

Sorry, you're not in the frame.

18Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Tue Jul 12 2016, 20:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Razz

19Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Wed Jul 13 2016, 13:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big Sam has been given permission to talk with the FA.

20Next England Boss Empty Re: Next England Boss Wed Jul 13 2016, 13:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Big Sam has been given permission to talk with the FA.
Of course he has but there's no way they'll give him the job mate. Call me a cynic but the FA won't want to appoint a man who openly says their systems are out of date and badly flawed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum