Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds

+18
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
wessy
xmiles
JAH
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Mr Magoo
wanderlust
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
Jack Russell
Bwfc1958
rammywhite
karlypants
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds Fri Sep 18 2015, 10:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's amazing what you can see from this armchair. Weird how it's pretty much the same as folk who attend every game isn't it Johnny/Nat? Bordering on spooky.

More about opinion as to what constitutes a clear chance in this case and we don't dominate possession in and around their box or are incisive enough on the break to create top quality chances enough of the time IMFHO. And it's just my opinion.

82Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds Fri Sep 18 2015, 10:08

wanderlust wrote:It's amazing what you can see from this armchair. Weird how it's pretty much the same as folk who attend every game isn't it Johnny/Nat? Bordering on spooky.

More about opinion as to what constitutes a clear chance in this case and we don't dominate possession in and around their box or are incisive enough on the break to create top quality chances enough of the time IMFHO. And it's just my opinion.
Just so people know I AM NOT NAT!!!!!

the black and white figures are there.  plain to see.  okay they may not have been clear cut chances/one on one's with the keeper but they might have been with a better quality striker/goal scorer up front.

83Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds Fri Sep 18 2015, 11:32

Bolton Nuts

Admin

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It's amazing what you can see from this armchair. Weird how it's pretty much the same as folk who attend every game isn't it Johnny/Nat? Bordering on spooky.

the black and white figures are there.  plain to see.  okay they may not have been clear cut chances/one on one's with the keeper but they might have been with a better quality striker/goal scorer up front.

Listen Natasha, I don't want to get into a row with you again.

While I think we are all raising good points above I do think that there is a chance that Madine could do well for us up front, especially if he wasn't on his own. It would be nice to have Aguero or something but we are unlikely to get him.

For now, I hope the manager can see that we are not creating enough good chances to get a reasonable return of goals. Yes Madnine has missed a couple but all strikers do miss a few, even Harry Kane.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

84Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds Fri Sep 18 2015, 12:35

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The problem is Feeney on the wing and Danns in midfield. Replace Feeney with Clayton and Danns with Vela/Pratley and I guarantee that Madine will start scoring.

85Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds Fri Sep 18 2015, 12:59

Biggie wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Listen Natasha, I don't want to get into a row with you again.

While I think we are all raising good points above I do think that there is a chance that Madine could do well for us up front, especially if he wasn't on his own. It would be nice to have Aguero or something but we are unlikely to get him.

For now, I hope the manager can see that we are not creating enough good chances to get a reasonable return of goals. Yes Madnine has missed a couple but all strikers do miss a few, even Harry Kane.
this is just getting fucking stupid

86Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds Fri Sep 18 2015, 15:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Samazideh has scored 8 in 5 games for the U18s and he certainly knows where the goal is - as do Jamie Thomas and Kaiyne Woolery but they're young, especially Samazideh.

But desperate times call for desperate measures and what gets me is that rather than try to squeeze second choice strikers into an attacking system that doesn't work very well with the first choice strikers, why doesn't Lennon experiment with the system a bit?

It wouldn't/shouldn't disturb the back four who have been reasonably solid recently so there is a fairly blank canvas to work with in front of them and maybe the kids could excel in a different system - but we'll never know if we don't at least try it.

I'd love to try something like playing Mavies and a DM (ideally Pratley in that role when he's back) with Da Silva and Feeney or Clayton if fit playing wideish but having the freedom to go inside as required and young Samazideh and one of Clayton, Thomas or Woolery working the lines with him.

If we weren't too exposed defensively we could even swap Wilson for Pisano to get a bit more down the flanks.

I just feel that we could possibly get better movement from this group, especially if they were given more freedom to switch positions and I am confident that they'd create and take their chances better.

Of course the big worry would be whether or not they'd get bullied off the ball and whether or not they could also fulfill their defensive duties when required - it would undoubtedly be a gamble and a helluva lot of positional work would need to be done. But I think they would have the energy and motivation to do it so I can't understand why it shouldn't be examined in training at least.

Won't happen though. Still it must be a big temptation for Neil to consider throwing Samazideh in, especially as we're goal-shy and we have a kid who is banging them in for fun.

There are other combinations and systems to try - surely that's better than walking blindly down the same road?

87Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Sheff Weds Fri Sep 18 2015, 15:17

wanderlust wrote:Samazideh has scored 8 in 5 games for the U18s and he certainly knows where the goal is - as do Jamie Thomas and Kaiyne Woolery but they're young, especially Samazideh.

But desperate times call for desperate measures and what gets me is that rather than try to squeeze second choice strikers into an attacking system that doesn't work very well with the first choice strikers, why doesn't Lennon experiment with the system a bit?

It wouldn't/shouldn't disturb the back four who have been reasonably solid recently so there is a fairly blank canvas to work with in front of them and maybe the kids could excel in a different system - but we'll never know if we don't at least try it.

I'd love to try something like playing Mavies and a DM (ideally Pratley in that role when he's back) with Da Silva and Feeney or Clayton if fit playing wideish but having the freedom to go inside as required and young Samazideh and one of Clayton, Thomas or Woolery working the lines with him.

If we weren't too exposed defensively we could even swap Wilson for Pisano to get a bit more down the flanks.

I just feel that we could possibly get better movement from this group, especially if they were given more freedom to switch positions and I am confident that they'd create and take their chances better.

Of course the big worry would be whether or not they'd get bullied off the ball and whether or not they could also fulfill their defensive duties when required - it would undoubtedly be a gamble and a helluva lot of positional work would need to be done. But I think they would have the energy and motivation to do it so I can't understand why it shouldn't be examined in training at least.

Won't happen though. Still it must be a big temptation for Neil to consider throwing Samazideh in, especially as we're goal-shy and we have a kid who is banging them in for fun.

There are other combinations and systems to try - surely that's better than walking blindly down the same road?

think he has 2 in 2 for the under 21's too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum