Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you like reflecting/looking at your past?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am just curious as to what people think on this one as I was saying to a friend I enjoy seeing past places such as the place I grew up - my old houses, old schools, places I used to meet up with friends and streets I used to walk down many years ago, university, places I had holidays, pubs I used to go in, old computer games which bring back memories, old TV shows like for example I was watching a repeat of Gamesmaster and it was nostalgic. But my friend said the past is the past and it is not something they ever think about.

So what about others, do you like seeing things from your past and if so what things do you like seeing again all these years later? Or does your past not really mean anything to you?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i personally like to reminisce about the old days, whats the harm in it? The older you get the more you end up looking back. I especially like revisiting music i used to love when i was younger, always brings back a lot of memories.

Also as i live in Manchester now i don't see my mates from Bolton as much as i used to so its always nice to talk about the old days and what we got upto.

Last edited by Norpig on Tue Sep 29 2015, 14:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammar!)

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've reached an age where I've probably got more past than future,so looking back comes naturally to me.
Old mates,following the Whites home and away,childhood haunts,holidays,big events,happy and sad,can pop into my head at any time of the day. 
Sometimes it's a smell,sometimes the mention of a name,or a wanderers game or player that can trigger a memory,but more and more it's becoming a longing to go back,to experience it all over again,and make a better fist of life the second time around.
Can't happen of course,but I comfort myself with the knowledge that I had a blissfully happy childhood,and that the nine year old me is still here,non the wiser,but still happy,and still laughing.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I enjoy nostalgia but sometimes I reflect quite negatively and think about what I could have/should have done in certain situations. Logically I know things could only have turned out the way they did, but I do have some regrets. Won't let them bring me down though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum