Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

British League

+7
boltonbonce
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1British League Empty British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:23

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's probably been a thread like this before -so if there has, then apologies.
Its just that north of the border the two big Glasgow clubs are saying that they want a British Premiership and the Rangers boss says he thinks it'll be here within the next ten years.
Any views on this? Is it something that will enhance UK football. Is it something that we need?
I would be very nervous about it.
Remember when Rangers played Zenit in some European game at the Etihad a few years ago- and tens of thousands of their fans arrived without tickets- then one of the big screens packed in. There was wholesale hooliganism and destruction in the City Centre- thousands of drunk fans ,raiding shops,pissing in the streets.
I don't think that either of the two clubs would add anything to the quality of football that we see in the English premiership at the moment.

2British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:26

I wouldn't have an issue with it, but they'd obviously have to join from the bottom just like AFC Wimbledon have done. If they really want to go through that they can go for it.

3British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:28

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think they mean an entirely new league though- not simply joining the Premiership, but a combination of the two current premierships. Wimbledon had existed as an amateur club and worked their way up through all the junior leagues to get to where they are.

4British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:28

When Rangers played in the UEFA Cup final in Manchester, I had to suffer a bunch of neds weeing in my front garden.

The roses smelt of stale Tennents for weeks.

That wall in Cumbria was built for a very good reason.

5British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:32

rammywhite wrote:I think they mean an entirely new league though- not simply joining the Premiership, but a combination of the two current premierships. Wimbledon had existed as an amateur club and worked their way up through all the junior leagues to get to where they are.

Ah right okay, fuck them then what a load of faff just to let two shit teams in. Celtic are a Championship quality side and Rangers league 1.

6British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Scottish League is an embarrassment, of course they want to be part of the English game.

Fuck 'em.

(sorry Hipster, I still love you)

7British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:47

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think there is such a huge gap in class....we (Bath City) had a player we sold to Inverness Caledonian Thistle, he was their player of the year, scored in Scottish Cup final etc...he was really good, too good for Bath, but he has moved back to England and plies his trade at Barnsley...that gives a sense of the standard of the two leagues

8British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:50

Terry Butcher was very well regarded for his work managing in Scotland wasn't he?

The same Terry Butcher who was unceremoniously potted by Newport earlier today for being rubbish.

9British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 15:33

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Why should the jockenese be allowed to play in the British Leagues when they don't want to be part of Britain? Do Salmon and Sturgeon know of their dreams?

10British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 15:34

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:When Rangers played in the UEFA Cup final in Manchester, I had to suffer a bunch of neds weeing in my front garden.

The roses smelt of stale Tennents for weeks.

That wall in Cumbria was built for a very good reason.

Would you have been happier if they'd had a shite and fed your roses?

11British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 17:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bring them in i say, they're Championship standard all the way though.

12British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 18:59

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You can understand why Celtic and Rangers would love it, there is just no money in Scottish football, so they have to make do with signing players from the championship, they cannot afford anyone decent. But what incentive is there for English clubs? The Premier League is by far the wealthiest league in the world and would teams who are fighting for Premier League survival want teams like Celtic and Rangers in there too?
You can see why Scottish teams feel frustrated because Welsh clubs like Swansea and Cardiff play in England and have both played in the Premier League. But I can't ever see the day England welcome it or the Scottish FA would welcome it.

13British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 21:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When the top English clubs get what they want,namely,a European super league,it would probably be feasible to incorporate a number of Scottish clubs in a reconstructed league system south of the border.
Until then,it's a non starter.

14British League Empty Re: British League Fri Oct 02 2015, 22:08

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fuck 'em. When it suits them, they want in. When it doesn't, they're supreme twats as usual. Absolutely no benefit to letting them join unless you enjoy it kicking off every game. Let their shitty league grovel for money elsewhere.

15British League Empty Re: British League Sat Oct 03 2015, 17:01

Bolton Nuts

Admin

How would Celtic and Rangers feel if they started in a new Premier league only to find themselves relegated 2 seasons in a row where they stay in league one for many moons. I think they will pull out and say it didn't work.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

16British League Empty Re: British League Sat Oct 03 2015, 18:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have no problem with this, as they would find their level fairly quickly.
On another note, all this anti Scot rhetoric seems a bit odd when most of the Premier league, and a lot of the Championship are foreign players.
Lets not forget that scots have, (and still do), played a big part in British football history. You don't have to look far for their influence.

17British League Empty Re: British League Sat Oct 03 2015, 19:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scott Green is my favourite Scott.

18British League Empty Re: British League Sat Oct 03 2015, 19:47

Natasha Whittam wrote:Scott Green is my favourite Scott.

Scott james is not happy with you. I've just had his forms to join the bum chums emailed

19British League Empty Re: British League Sat Oct 03 2015, 20:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Now that is embarrassing

20British League Empty Re: British League Sat Oct 03 2015, 20:13

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote: