Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Close the top tiers...

+10
terenceanne
simsamsuk
Hipster_Nebula
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Close the top tiers...  Empty Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:01

Bolton Nuts

Admin

There were nearly 15000 empty seats at the Macron Stadium on Tuesday evening. It looked embarrassing.

People talk about how to improve the atmosphere, and honestly the idea of drums and megaphones and mascots is not going to change anything.

We don't need a gimmick.

Something as simple as closing sections of the ground and forcing everyone to sit closer could work wonders.

I have seen stadiums which hold less than 5,000 when full have an amazing atmosphere and the difference is mainly that they are packed in. It creates a natural buzz which you cant beat.

(i know that some people wont be happy with this plan because they like it upstairs, me included. But something along similar lines could be done, ie. Closing all the corner sections of the ground or only opening the middle 2 blocks in each upper tier.

Do it!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like the open spaces.
During the second half we moved some of the seats and held an informal tea dance.

3Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it will be even worse in league 1 when we get 6000 for games

4Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe they don't do that to save the embarrassment of how few people are watching at the stadium as it looks like more folk are there as they are spread out?

I do like your suggestion though Biggie and it's a good one, the thing is though that it still won't get people chanting etc at the team to get them motivated.

This is why I like going in nobhead corner as it is more lively in there compared to the family end behind the goal where everyone brings flasks of coffee/picnic and a blanket and sits there and says fuck all.

5Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who goes to football to clap and sing? Go to church if that's what you want.

6Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The trouble is there's obviously plenty of people willing to pay a fair bit more to sit in the upper tiers which to be honest are far better seats. I used to sit in the West Upper, and it's amazing how much more detail you pick up sat up there as opposed to the Family stand.

7Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm in the WSU,and it's a cracking view. Pity I'm watching shite.

Don't blame people taking a flask when you see what they're charging for a brew.

KP is trying to outjudge me! Shocked

8Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:22

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I prefer upper tier too.

Why cant we close the corner block on every tier all round the ground. You know, just cover the seats with mesh.

9Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:23

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I also do think it will lead to more chanting in general.

10Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'm in the WSU,and it's a cracking view. Pity I'm watching shite.

Don't blame people taking a flask when you see what they're charging for a brew.

KP is trying to outjudge me! Shocked
Very Happy

I actually know someone who brings booze in theirs. Very Happy

11Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We could all take one of these. We could borrow them from Magoo.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Thu Oct 22 2015, 22:42

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Move back to Burnden Park to improve the atmosphere.

Breadman in the bread aisle

Natasha in the chocolate section

Norpig in the butchers department

etc

Feeney running up the tinned food aisle putting the ball over to Madine at the vegetable section.

'We hope it's chips it's chips'

13Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Fri Oct 23 2015, 11:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Close the bottom tiers as well. Wouldn't change the atmosphere one bit. Might actually be noiser.

14Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Fri Oct 23 2015, 11:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Close the bottom tiers as well. Wouldn't change the atmosphere one bit. Might actually be noiser.
From all the Middlebrook shoppers? Very Happy

15Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Fri Oct 23 2015, 11:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have some of the worst support in the country. Anything would improve it.

16Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Fri Oct 23 2015, 11:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We have some of the worst support in the country. Anything would improve it.

How many times have you been to the Macron, Hipster?

17Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Fri Oct 23 2015, 11:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely loads. But I haven't been since megson days. Managed to watch every game this season though and can confirm the atmosphere is as shit as it was when I did go. Probably worse. Absolutely hate the stadium.

18Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Fri Oct 23 2015, 11:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Absolutely loads. But I haven't been since megson days. Managed to watch every game this season though and can confirm the atmosphere is as shit as it was when I did go. Probably worse. Absolutely hate the stadium.
There is something wrong there...

19Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Fri Oct 23 2015, 11:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah it's the stadium and the pitiful support we have. 

The club is rotten IMO.

20Close the top tiers...  Empty Re: Close the top tiers... Fri Oct 23 2015, 11:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yeah it's the stadium and the pitiful support we have. 

The club is rotten IMO.
How have you managed to watch every game whilst not being at the Macron?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum