Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Michael Carrick

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Michael Carrick Empty Michael Carrick Sun Jun 03 2012, 20:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It frustrates me that he's always been overlooked by managers in favour of the usual suspects that never fail to disappoint, when he's so much of what England has lacked for years.

He'd have been the first midfielder on my squad list - he's not half as technically gifted as several other options, but such players are wasted without a Carrick type alongside them, as we've seen for years with Gerrard and Lampard being unconditionally first choice.

2Michael Carrick Empty Re: Michael Carrick Sun Jun 03 2012, 20:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He ruled himself out as im sure you know.

I don't rate him that highly personally i think he's a good standard but very hit and miss.

one day, top quality the next he goes missing.

obviously i'd rather have him than Fat Frank or Stevvie though.

3Michael Carrick Empty Re: Michael Carrick Sun Jun 03 2012, 23:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gerrard is a good player, it's ridiculous for anyone to suggest he isn't our best midfielder.

4Michael Carrick Empty Re: Michael Carrick Sun Jun 03 2012, 23:30

Ye Gerrard and Parker is our best combination in center midfield, so long as Wilshere's out.

I'd of preferred Carrick to be there instead of Henderson, but he took himself off the standby list, and let's face it has never done much internationally. I realise he's won plenty with United and continues to be a regular there, but that's in a side who have the lions share of possession in most matches, where his simple passing and keeping the ball is better utilised. So often England are happy to let the opposition knock it around; think that will be even more so under Hodgson, let them have it and try and counter, Carrick just isn't combative enough for me. I just don't think he quite suits Englands style.

Natasha your new picture is a disgrace, she has to be the most annoying bint I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing on TV... although some may think that suits you.

5Michael Carrick Empty Re: Michael Carrick Sun Jun 03 2012, 23:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The physical decline of Owen Hargreaves is lamentable. After Paul Scholes retired from international football he would have been the first name on the team sheet for years if he hadn't got crocked.

6Michael Carrick Empty Re: Michael Carrick Mon Jun 04 2012, 14:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I only wish Gerrard was as big a player as his ego suggests. Can't stand the arrogant git. To be fair, football isn't too bad though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum