Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where are they now? Michael Johnson

+6
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Lofty_Love
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 15:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looked to be a good player a few years ago, released by Man City...

allegedly had some personal problems.

Where are they now? Michael Johnson BAo8o8eCYAAgnXn

Sad...

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

WOW!

Hes young and looks VERY hungry.

He should be getting a call from the BWFC scouting team soon.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Looked to be a good player a few years ago, released by Man City...

allegedly had some personal problems.

Where are they now? Michael Johnson BAo8o8eCYAAgnXn

Sad...

:dontgetit:

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still don't understand whats bad about targeting young and hungry players.

can someone fill me in?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I still don't understand whats bad about targeting young and hungry players.

can someone fill me in?

there is no issue with sighing young hungry players.

for example - Jordan Rhodes and Wilfred Zaha are examples of young hungry players.

The issue comes when you throw 'cheap' in to the equation, like we do.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And how would you afford to pay for Zaha and Rhodes?

monopoly money?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's more to do with quality. We need players that can bring instant quality to the first 11, not potential in 2 or 3 years.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's more to do with quality. We need players that can bring instant quality to the first 11, not potential in 2 or 3 years.

I agree with this.

You should have a strong established steady squad before turing attention to bringing in youth.

That doesn't mean a team of 30 year olds, players like Craig Davies entering their 4-5 best years are perfect - well experienced and just entering what should be their prime years.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's more to do with quality. We need players that can bring instant quality to the first 11, not potential in 2 or 3 years.

THANK GOD!

Finally somebody gets it!

10Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Re: Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but what you're saying Rebel is it's more about how much they cost.

whos to say you can't find a young hungry and QUALITY player for a good price in the lower leagues?

11Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Re: Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think hungry is Bullshittingscottishmanager for ambitious.

Ambition is useful, but an excessive appetite isn't.

12Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Re: Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hungry just means they are keen to play for the club and will give their all. I can't imagine why thats a bad thing.

especially considering it's a common complaint that the players we have now lack commitment.

13Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Re: Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:but what you're saying Rebel is it's more about how much they cost.

whos to say you can't find a young hungry and QUALITY player for a good price in the lower leagues?

Ive never said you cant. I Just think its too much of a gamble. we cant afford to gamble with our clubs future on hoping somebody comes good.

14Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Re: Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Hungry just means they are keen to play for the club and will give their all. I can't imagine why thats a bad thing.

especially considering it's a common complaint that the players we have now lack commitment.

They only lack commitment because successive managers have let them get away with giving less than 100%. Can you imagine Allardyce letting these ponces get away with some of these performances?

15Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Re: Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:but what you're saying Rebel is it's more about how much they cost.

Ive never said you cant. I Just think its too much of a gamble. we cant afford to gamble with our clubs future on hoping somebody comes good.

but we don't have a choice really.

I understand getting in a couple of old heads but when we got relegated the main cry from some was that we needed to see what the youngsters can do. Now the manager makes the noise about getting younger players involved people want "experience"

we can't afford top quality young talent, and the "experience" we can afford is probably going to be on it's last legs, so it's pick your poison.

16Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Re: Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

but we don't have a choice really.

I understand getting in a couple of old heads but when we got relegated the main cry from some was that we needed to see what the youngsters can do.

Because Coyle kept faith with the same donkeys every week, just like Dougie does now.

If the old heads are good enough in the first place I'd prefer to see them sign on for BWFC than some kid who MIGHT be decent in 3 years.

17Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Re: Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But we've been through this.

the only players out of the team who are knocking on the door are Riley and Sordell and in the past Sordell has been described as the worst signing in bolton history...

I would like to see both of them get a go, i was keen to see more Sordell in the prem. But it didn't happen.

Holden is coming back into the fray now and i like Vela so lets see what Freedman thinks of those two.

18Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Re: Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 18:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnson had massive potential when he played for City. Him and Stevie Ireland were 2 stars of the future.

Unfortunately Johnson got injured and broke his leg. He subsequently put on a lot of weight and got done for drink driving ( twice iirc )

I don't know where he is now but he is one player who blew his chances big time.

19Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Re: Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 18:20

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

McDonalds and Wetherspoons by the cut of him. Looked like he would be a top player at one time.

20Where are they now? Michael Johnson Empty Re: Where are they now? Michael Johnson Tue Jan 15 2013, 18:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish we had had him before he got injured. He played under Sven and the football world was literally his oyster.

https://youtu.be/2pFBhDczIAE

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum