Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Injury blow rules Wellington Silva out for around two months

+4
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
karlypants
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have been rocked with the news that winger Wellington Silva will be missing until after Christmas with a hamstring tear.

The Brazilian flyer stands to miss between eight to 10 weeks with the injury he sustained in the midweek defeat against Birmingham City at the Macron Stadium.

Wellington has made eight Championship starts, scoring once, and Neil Lennon described his absence as a “considerable blow.”

But the Whites boss hopes others can step into the wide left role against Leeds United tomorrow, even though his chase for new signings continues.

“We have got Max Clayton to come into that equation; Tom Walker, Kaiyne Woolery came on and did very well against Birmingham. He has been round the first team squad for a few weeks. And again we are looking to bring in one or two players.

“That option is still there and that’s what we will endeavour to do in the next day or two.”

Jay Spearing is another doubt for tomorrow’s game, although he is expected to be available for selection again next weekend when Wanderers travel to face Lancashire rivals Preston.

Lennon changed to a 4-4-2 formation on Tuesday night, partnering Emile Heskey up front with Gary Madine and dropping an extra midfielder to the bench.

He admits the experiment did not work out as planned but is confident his side will muster a reaction tomorrow at the Macron.

“We changed the tactics because I wanted to be positive at home,” he said. “We explained it to people because Birmingham let you have possession and try to counter attack but we didn’t execute it well.

“Birmingham felt relieved to come away with a win on the balance of things and that gives me a bit of hope.

We are well capable of getting a result against Leeds. We do that, and everything looks that little bit brighter.”

Lennon missed his pre-match press conference yesterday after a “breakdown in communication” over the day of the event.

The Wanderers boss had been helping Irish TV channel RTE with their Champions League coverage as a pundit, unaware that the weekly media gathering had been organised for 9am Thursday morning.

Garry Parker and Steve Walford took training yesterday as the rescheduled conference took place in the afternoon.

And Lennon was in high spirits as he vowed to turn round a wretched run of form that leaves the Whites a point adrift at the foot of the table.

“I have been through the stressing period – I’m over it. It’s not the end of the world,” he said.

“This is football, it’s my job and it means everything to me. I’m falling short at the minute but there’s a long way to go in the season.

“A lot can happen in 34 games and we’ll win some, starting Saturday against Leeds. We’re more than capable.

“Yes, it’s a case of keeping the players bubbly but the belief is still there.

“What I want to do is stabilise the club in the Championship and then hopefully go again over the course of a year, 18 months, two years and gradually improve things.

“We have got good players here and we have brought good players to the club.

“It is only a matter of time before we find a consistent run.

“It’s OK me saying that – but I know supporters will run out of patience and they have been very, very good. I want to return that favour.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A bad blow.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon wrote:

We have got good players here and we have brought good players to the club.

Christ, he's finally flipped.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really a blow.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not really a blow.

I agree, apart from his admittedly good goal at QPR his end product has been terrible.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon should be concentrating on us and not TV commitments, it just looks bad considering the mess we are in

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We never learn with these kind of players. They offer nothing in this league.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Does anybody know if we continue to pay a loan player if injured like this this.  For example lets say we loan a player for 3 months and he picks up a 4 month injury do we pay the first three months, then the home team picks up the fourth etc.  Wonder if this sort of thing is built into the loan contract.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We continue to pay or we send him back

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:Does anybody know if we continue to pay a loan player if injured like this this.  For example lets say we loan a player for 3 months and he picks up a 4 month injury do we pay the first three months, then the home team picks up the fourth etc.  Wonder if this sort of thing is built into the loan contract.
it differs according to contract terms, generally the loaning club pays a percentage of wages, the recipient club picks up the rest, and that happens for the full term of the loan period, unless a recall clause is activated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum