Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our first signing is going to be Andy Lonergan - MARK ILES

+6
largehat
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I don't think anyone anticipated Jussi losing form so badly, and I think Bogdan is every bit as good as Al-Habsi and will get better.

Bogdan may get better, but as things stand Al Habsi is by far the better keeper.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

From what I've seen I'm unconvinced about either of them, both are prone to make gaffs.

Of the two I would pick Al-Habsi as much less error prone and a better all round keeper, Bogdan clearly has problems collecting crosses which is fundamentally fatal for any keeper - what's the point of making half a dozen world class saves every match if you drop the ball at the strikers feet and give them a winning goal every other game?

Seemed clear to me and many, many others that Jussi was in decline before the start of last season and the obvious thing to do at the time was to cash in on him - instead he saw out his contract sat on the bench for the last half of the season on what £40,000 per week and left for nothing - how is that considered to be good business?

The thing I don't get is that for well over a season now it as been obvious to nearly everyone (well there are always some who will forever be in denial about things!) that there have been failings with the team and individual players that are simply not addressed by the management - the goalkeeping position being one of them.

If Bogdan cannot boss his area for crosses then mark my words he will sooner or later be dropped by Coyle (probably long after automatic promotion is beyond us!), and the Andy Lonergan who whoever we buy as back up will be brought in and see out the season.

Considering two years ago we had three keepers pressing for one position it now looks like two of them will still be playing in the Premier league next season whilst we are now in the Championship with the keeper with the biggest ongoing technical flaw out of them all. Not a clever position to have got ourselves into really is it?

It's the manager who sees them in training everyday and the manager who advises the chairman who to keep and who to sell - so who do you think I lay the blame for the position we find ourselves in?

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum