Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you rather we lost if it helped in the long run?

+3
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Tonight at some point during the game it became blindingly obvious that we wouldn't win. The best we could get would be a point.

1 point and 0 points are worth practically the same thing.

And toward the end of the game I was thinking, "if we get a 0-0 out if this Lennon will say we did ok to get an away draw, and so nothing will change."

And I was right. Overall, Lennon feels ok about the standard of our play.

I honestly was thinking it would have done us more good to concede a late goal, drop a point, and have it forced on Lennon to make things better quicker.

We were devoid of any attacking intent, any flair, any intelligence. We were clueless in possession and just as bad without the ball.

As long as we keep scraping draws Lennon can keep saying we are nearly there - even when we play as badly as that.

Would you take a loss if it got things changed?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

In theory, if it would work, then yes. Chances are though, he would still say the same things. It really does worry me when I hear him say he's pleased with how we're coming along, especially as it's clear to the rest of us that he's wrong. As it is, the point you say you would give up could be the difference between being relegated or staying in the division.

How is losing going to help?

It's not like we can sack him and employ somebody else, is it?

We're utterly broke.

And it's not like he's going to change things after a loss because he's totally out of his depth.

Making them take their woolly hats off in training when you first come in is one thing - a cheap indicator to the press that you're a "no nonsense kind of guy" and that resonates well with the fan base who had this perception that the previous manager was a bit soft.

But you've got to back that up with actually sorting the team out and getting them playing.

Something that he's singularly failed to do.

One win in twenty games.

Fucking abysmal.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:1 point and 0 points are worth practically the same thing.

I need another gallon of ale to be on that hilarious level.

Copper Dragon wrote:
Biggie wrote:1 point and 0 points are worth practically the same thing.

I need another gallon of ale to be on that hilarious level.

I pondered over that one meself.

But dismissed my misgivings because I've been on the pop since six o'clock and thought I'd forgotten how to do sums.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't see any of the match as i was out at a Halloween party so can't comment on the game, but would Lennon coming out and rubbishing the performance actually achieve anything? We all know (including NL) that we are hopeless but perhaps he thinks he's doing the players a favour by shielding them?

Personally i think it's time to lay it on the line and say we are in the shit

Last edited by Norpig on Sun Nov 01 2015, 10:33; edited 1 time in total

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he used to play Heskey every week to say a little message to the board.

I need a striker, a fifty odd year old 30 stone lump that has scored one goal in twenty years?

I mean come on.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There are circumstances where winning does us no good long term but that's how I feel when we've got an utter clown of a manager who's spent money badly and makes error after error.

I don't agree with everything Lennon has said and done but he's a million miles off deserving the sack for me.

And what do we do after sacking him? Bring in somebody else so that the likes of Pratley, Feeney, Wheater, Dervite, Danns, Spearing can look rejuvenated for a few months and get a new shiny contract before returning to their usual shite selves.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not quite sure what you're getting at Biggie.
Surely what Lemon says for media consumption is irrelevant as long as he is saying the right things to the team behind closed doors?
Or are you implying that the severity of our situation had somehow escaped his attention and that he needs to make the team improve (how?) with some degree of urgency?

Personally I think he is well aware of the situation and being a person vaunted by the media I have no doubt he will be busting a gut to make improvements.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum