Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time for club to end their silence, it's deafening!

+8
Hipster_Nebula
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
scottjames30
rogercpc
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WIN, lose or draw against Bristol City this afternoon, Wanderers fans need some feedback from their football club.

A feeling of alienation has started to spread among supporters, and it is little wonder frustrations have built to such levels that talk is once again of protests and banners at the Macron Stadium.

Since it became apparent that Eddie Davies had put the club up for sale, effectively cutting off funding from source, rumour and conspiracy as to the reason has been rampant.

We all recognise there are times when it is smart to stay silent, and aspects of business that need to remain confidential. To comment on every whisper that has spread round in the last 12 months would be folly.

As a football club Wanderers have not been obstructive when clarification has been sought on difficult matters, something which I personally thank them for.

But we have reached the stage where serious questions must be answered about the short and long-term future of Bolton Wanderers, especially if new ownership cannot be found. And the answers should be made available to the stakeholders, the fans, through their number one source of information.

Results have magnified the feeling of uncertainty but make no mistake the information would be just as relevant if Neil Lennon’s side were sitting pretty in the top two.

Furthermore, if the financial problems are as severe as they seem, surely the club needs to present a united force?

Even Lennon – an incredibly popular and charismatic manager who has the majority backing of the supporters despite a poor league position – says he is in the dark about certain issues. That does not paint a good picture.

This coming international break would be an ideal opportunity for a rallying call. For the club’s leadership to say: “We’re backed into a tight corner here and we need you to stick with us.” As the town’s newspaper we would be the first to back that stance, 100 per cent.

There have been extenuating circumstances in the last couple of weeks which have prevented this happening but, hopefully, there is scope for some solid dialogue between the club and the supporters from here on in.

I hope I’m reporting on positive news on the pitch this afternoon rather than negatives off it. The time for some straight talking is now.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/13951845.INSIDE_WANDERERS__Time_for_club_to_end_their_silence__it_s_deafening_/

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to see the local paper demanding answers - this will surely lead to a statement. BUt an end to all the Chinese whispers and give the fans an update on what is happening.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's hardly a demand, it's a pathetically softly-softly approach that is typical of the BN.

When PNE started using Asda's Smartprice bog roll in the toilets the Lancashire Evening Post was all over it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

pressure needs to be put on Gartside to come out and show his face now, we as fans are treated very badly by the club we love so much.

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's hardly a demand, it's a pathetically softly-softly approach that is typical of the BN.

When PNE started using Asda's Smartprice bog roll in the toilets the Lancashire Evening Post was all over it.

Very Happy

What are these "extenuating circumstances" that have prevented the club from making a statement?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The pressure needs to be put on Eddie Davies, Gartside is a proven waste of space.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:What are these "extenuating circumstances" that have prevented the club from making a statement?
I think the entire article is Iles using the fans to put pressure on the club to give him an exclusive so the extenuating circumstances might be something to do with Iles or the club's relationship with him or the BN.

However, I honestly don't know what Iles expects the club to say if there have been no new developments.

I suppose the club could reiterate what has already come out and even if it's as dull as dishwater ("yes we are skint, and yes there is no money to spend on the squad and yes we're trying to sell the club but nothing has materialised yet so nothing has changed since the last time we told you")

There may be some PR value in that although I don't think it would satisfy Iles as it's not very exciting and like most fans, he doesn't really want to hear that we're going to have to make do until things do change. But if nothing has changed what else can they say?

EDs health has been the subject of speculation but it's not the club's position to comment on a personal matter like that and it would be downright rude and disrespectful to speculate publicly what might happen if the worse comes to the worst so I would imagine that anything to do with that issue would be dealt with by EDs family rather than the club.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Eddie Davies has gone for a long lie down?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a lame article.

It should be a Keep Lennon Sack Gartside campaign as the manager is just too easy of a target and i think something needs to be done higher up the way our situation is.

As shit as he is, sacking Gartise will achieve nothing, we either need more budget or more motivated players. Neither or which Gartside controls.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:As shit as he is, sacking Gartise will achieve nothing, we either need more budget or more motivated players. Neither or which Gartside controls.
BW...isn't DarkSide the Chairman of the board and has overseen the demise of our club over the past 10 years?  If he is not responsible then who is?

You misunderstand my point terrence, although Gartside's as culpable as anybody else sacking him won't solve funding or Lennon's ineptitude.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:You misunderstand my point terrence, although Gartside's as culpable as anybody else sacking him won't solve funding or Lennon's ineptitude.

Sacking Phil will send a message ..... the funding and financials will take years to reverse maybe never unless we are bought out.
I think you are being to harsh on our Neil..... nobody can make first and second division players into Championship level....that's all there is to it.

Like fuck that's 'all there is to it'. Absolutely ridiculous thing to say particularly as you were one of the harshest critics of Freedman who operated under exactly the same conditions. There's enough quality in that side for us not to be second bottom, you're being duped by the fact he talks the talk and is good with the media.

On league one players - Stephen Gleeson and Clayton Donaldson have been two of the players of the season throughout the league this year, where have they spent most of their careers?

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:There's enough quality in that side for us not to be second bottom, you're being duped by the fact he talks the talk and is good with the media.

I'm still backing Lennon for now but I do agree with this sentiment. He would have been fired on Monday if he was as bad as Sammy Lee in front of the cameras.

Exactly Fin, I'm not sure he should be sacked just now either purely because I don't know who in their right mind would take the job, but I think a lot of fans are being naive as to how good he is purely because he's a big personality who says the right things. What are his tactics? What is he trying to do with this team because anybody who's seen the last few would struggle to tell you IMO, he spends more time shouting the the fourth official than his players.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Fully agree with 74 on this. Regardless of what money he has, coaching, tactics,motivation and team selection are all Neil Lennon. As Fin said, he still has my backing but it's starting to wear thin now if I'm being honest. He needs to get some results.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bear in mind that he has brought 13 new players into the club during his tenure- and although he may have been strapped for cash and had his hands tied behind his back, this is now more or less his team. And he should be doing better.
If,many people on here are saying, that the players are lousy ,then he shouldn't have brought them here in the first place

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum