Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time for club to end their silence, it's deafening!

+8
Hipster_Nebula
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
scottjames30
rogercpc
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but Rammy they are the best he could find with the resources available (as in no resources). I've said it before you can't polish a turd

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:but Rammy they are the best he could find with the resources available (as in no resources). I've said it before you can't polish a turd

... but are they much better than the unpolished turds that we had before? Or are thy just different turds because we were all demanding new faces.
Or faeces to keep the analogy going (Apologies everyone!!)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:but Rammy they are the best he could find with the resources available (as in no resources). I've said it before you can't polish a turd

What a load of crap. If they're shit don't bring them here, simple as that.

There are half decent players out there available on a limited budget, unfortunately we have a manager who knows fuck all about the lower leagues.

If you had to bring in 10 players I think you'd have a job on to find 10 worse than the ones Lennon has signed.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:Like fuck that's 'all there is to it'. Absolutely ridiculous thing to say particularly as you were one of the harshest critics of Freedman who operated under exactly the same conditions. There's enough quality in that side for us not to be second bottom, you're being duped by the fact he talks the talk and is good with the media.

On league one players - Stephen Gleeson and Clayton Donaldson have been two of the players of the season throughout the league this year, where have they spent most of their careers?

Aye lad ... we are packed with quality. It's all Neils fault...I stand corrected.

I haven't said it's all Neil's fault or the side's full of quality, neither are true. But you've decided he's absolved of any blame and the only reason I can see for this huge change in attitude towards managers on your part is a bit of media savviness from Lennon. 

You're of course entitled to your opinion, but surely you can admit that he's signed the majority of the team now and he needs to get more out of them. I don't think Mavies, Prince or Casado are bad players but they've looked it in the last couple of months, I also think Pisano and Wilson are half decent but they've disappeared having fallen out with Lennon apparently. Then he's picking Feeney over Clayton and signing the likes of Ameobi and Heskey - had Freedman done any of that you'd be battering him. I've no issue with the notion that Lennon can improve and he's got good traits but he'd be the first to admit himself he hasn't been doing well enough on a personal level.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:I haven't said it's all Neil's fault or the side's full of quality, neither are true. But you've decided he's absolved of any blame and the only reason I can see for this huge change in attitude towards managers on your part is a bit of media savviness from Lennon. 

You're of course entitled to your opinion, but surely you can admit that he's signed the majority of the team now and he needs to get more out of them. I don't think Mavies, Prince or Casado are bad players but they've looked it in the last couple of months, I also think Pisano and Wilson are half decent but they've disappeared having fallen out with Lennon apparently. Then he's picking Feeney over Clayton and signing the likes of Ameobi and Heskey - had Freedman done any of that you'd be battering him. I've no issue with the notion that Lennon can improve and he's got good traits but he'd be the first to admit himself he hasn't been doing well enough on a personal level.

Correct me if I'm wrong ....and you will .... but all the players Neil has brought in are players nobody else wants.

We have replaced players like Chungy, Bannon, ALF with lower quality and not as skilled players. And that is due to no money. Players that Lennon actually wanted to bring to the club will not come here or we can't pay them...again due to zero money.
Therefore he has pick up dregs who are way down on the pecking order and try to get them to play. Again you can't beat a dead horse....or in our case Donkey.         
And I have critised Lennon for various things...one being the resigning of Heskey for starters. Currently I'm not thrilled with his team selections. Doogie had more resources and better players.

The nature of buying players on the cheap is that nobody else wants them, which player did Freedman sign where he beat off competition for?

That doesn't mean you can sign players who can do a job if used in the correct system, the Juke being a prime example or Alf or Prince or Gleeson at Birmingham.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum