Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not far off?

+7
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Not far off? Empty Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 19:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I may be laughed out of the building with this statement, but here goes. We are 2 -3 players off the play offs.

Now I'm not saying that I believe we could make a late dash but I don't think that we have a massive amount of problems, it's just that 1 or 2 important aspects of our game isn't up to scratch.

Just look at the amount of clean sheets we have kept  (5 from 16) which for a side in the bottom 3 is not bad.. It's more than 9 other sides in the league and level with the amount of teams like burnley, wolves and Sheffield Wednesday.

Obviously the striker situation is killing us right now but I have full faith that Lennon will eventually bring in someone who knows how to hit the target, we desperately need to sort out the wings too, we are so narrow. 

I'm hoping that we can conclude a deal for La Parra from wolves, the sooner feeney is out of the team the better. Add to that the return of Zach Clough we will start to look a lot more potent going forward. 

Relegation should not be a worry with so many games to go. Keep the faith

2Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 19:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I may be laughed out of the building with this statement, but here goes. We are 2 -3 players off the play offs.

Now I'm not saying that I believe we could make a late dash but I don't think that we have a massive amount of problems, it's just that 1 or 2 important aspects of our game isn't up to scratch.

Just look at the amount of clean sheets we have kept  (5 from 16) which for a side in the bottom 3 is not bad.. It's more than 9 other sides in the league and level with the amount of teams like burnley, wolves and Sheffield Wednesday.

Obviously the striker situation is killing us right now but I have full faith that Lennon will eventually bring in someone who knows how to hit the target, we desperately need to sort out the wings too, we are so narrow. 

I'm hoping that we can conclude a deal for La Parra from wolves, the sooner feeney is out of the team the better. Add to that the return of Zach Clough we will start to look a lot more potent going forward. 

Relegation should not be a worry with so many games to go. Keep the faith

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

You bellend.

3Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 19:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:dougie:

4Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 19:07

I said it the other day, a decent striker would get us out of this mess and into mid table.

5Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 19:08

Would it fuck!

A decent striker needs service.

Every time our lot get over the half-way line they panic and pass it to the opposition.

We could have Messi up front and we'd still be in the shite.

6Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Le Fondre would make a massive difference to this team because he's the kind of striker who makes chances for himself. That's assuming he'd be the player he was for us, not the one Cardiff fans weren't really bothered about losing on loan. He can win the ball both in the air and on the ground, and his touch and control is decent. With the exception of Clayton and Clough who are always injured, our every forward is just slow and elephant-like on the ball.

Unfortunately I don't think Gartside gets the whole false economy concept. Obviously we're getting nowhere by making do with loans and freebies. In fact, we go backwards every season, but clearly they'd rather risk the cost of getting relegated again than cough up a few million for some decent players.

7Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Unfortunately I don't think Gartside gets the whole false economy concept. Obviously we're getting nowhere by making do with loans and freebies. In fact, we go backwards every season, but clearly they'd rather risk the cost of getting relegated again than cough up a few million for some decent players.
:clap: Was going on about this in the chat box earlier.

8Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Unfortunately I don't think Gartside gets the whole false economy concept. Obviously we're getting nowhere by making do with loans and freebies. In fact, we go backwards every season, but clearly they'd rather risk the cost of getting relegated again than cough up a few million for some decent players.

You poor naïve bellend.

Yes, let's throw another £10m into the black hole that is our finances :facepalm: .

Spending millions guarantees nothing, just ask Megson and Coyle.

9Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:13

Well spending fuck all's not really working out so well, is it, Tash?

10Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Well spending fuck all's not really working out so well, is it, Tash?

About the same as spending millions.

11Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:17

If "not spending any money" was really a viable way to run a successful football club, why is everybody else spending more than us?

And why have we only won one game in twenty one?

And why are we second from bottom of the league?

Come on, Tash.....even you know why.

12Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:Well spending fuck all's not really working out so well, is it, Tash?

About the same as spending millions.
let's all stay in the bubble of denial like you! Laughing

13Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

You poor naïve bellend.

Yes, let's throw another £10m into the black hole that is our finances :facepalm: .

Can we do an experiment where we put your brain in a hazelnut shell and see if it rattles?

Clearly I never said that it guarantees us safety. It at least gives us a better chance though.

What are you suggesting we do? Never spend money again because these two managers we had several years ago spent a load of money on utter dross?

Last edited by doffcocker on Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:18; edited 1 time in total

14Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

You poor naïve bellend.

Can we do an experiment where we put your brain in a hazelnut shell and see if it rattles?
:rofl:

15Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You bellends do realise that any money we spend has to be paid back?

A drop into League 1 won't hurt us that much, in fact it might be the making of us. Wolves, Sheff Weds and Leeds all came back stronger.

16Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:You bellends do realise that any money we spend has to be paid back?

A drop into League 1 won't hurt us that much, in fact it might be the making of us. Wolves, Sheff Weds and Leeds all came back stronger.

I'm sure some people said that about us getting relegated to where we are now.

"We can't afford to be in the Premiership..."

"At least if we get relegated we can rebuild and we might actually see us win every once in a while..."

...and loads more nonsense.

It's not always as fun as it was for Wolves the year before last. It took Wednesday and Leeds a while to get back up. Even Forest didn't come straight back. Except at this rate I think a more appropriate comparison is Coventry who had to play their home matches 30-40 miles away one season because they couldn't afford their own stadium.

17Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

"At least if we get relegated we can rebuild and we might actually see us win every once in a while..."

It's not always as fun as it was for Wolves the year before last. It took Wednesday and Leeds a while to get back up. Even Forest didn't come straight back. Except at this rate I think a more appropriate comparison is Coventry who had to play their home matches 30-40 miles away one season because they couldn't afford their own stadium.

It's the fun of supporting BWFC. You have to endure the bad times to appreciate the good.

Chorley won 3-1 at Stockport today in front of 3,500 fans. They are the future.

18Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:53

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

It's the fun of supporting BWFC. You have to endure the bad times to appreciate the good.

Chorley won 3-1 at Stockport today in front of 3,500 fans. They are the future.
3300 Stockport fans.

19Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 21:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:
3300 Stockport fans.

Exactly. Chorley are a massive draw.

3500 watching Chorley today, 14,000 watching BWFC.

Says it all really.

20Not far off? Empty Re: Not far off? Sat Nov 07 2015, 21:15

It was Stockports lowest attendance of the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum