Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars

+5
karlypants
Hip Priest
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Star Wars Empty Star Wars Tue Dec 15 2015, 23:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

New film out shortly - anybody interested in it at all?

I saw the original one when it first came out and never bothered with them since but I know a great many people love them.

Is the power strong in you?

2Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Tue Dec 15 2015, 23:37

God dammit

Sluffy found my weakness (other than wwe........wwe vs star wars franchise.......fin, get on it Smile )

Got tickets for saturday. Honestly cant wait. Me and the lad are going with some of the other dads and lads from rugby and school. In preperation we watched new hope, empire strikes back, return of the jedi and the phantom menace in that order on saturday and sunday. Didnt bother with the other two. The phantom menace was the best of the prequels if you can call any of them good. Got my boba fett tshirt ready. Cant wait.

Right now back to cod

3Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Tue Dec 15 2015, 23:40

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I thought that episode 3 was the best so please watch that too.

And to answer your question sluffy I'm interested but not on the scale of many folks.  E.g. i have no tickets and no plan to get any.  Think like the soundtrack more if I'm honest. 

But then again start wars is pretty cool....

Last edited by Biggie on Tue Dec 15 2015, 23:43; edited 1 time in total

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

4Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Tue Dec 15 2015, 23:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:wwe vs star wars franchise...

I'm sure Bonce could arrange an Howzat cricket match.

I think my money would be on the Star Wars team.

5Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Tue Dec 15 2015, 23:42

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Don't get the hype. Couldn't be less interested. Could never get into it and in all honesty I thinks it's shit.

6Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Tue Dec 15 2015, 23:45

Biggie wrote:I thought that episode 3 was the best so please watch that too.

And to answer your question sluffy I'm interested but not on the scale of many folks.  E.g. i have no tickets and no plan to get any.  Think like the soundtrack more if I'm honest. 

But then again start wars is pretty cool....

I have seen it biggie. But just prefer the others.

7Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Tue Dec 15 2015, 23:46

Sluffy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:wwe vs star wars franchise...

I'm sure Bonce could arrange an Howzat cricket match.

I think my money would be on the Star Wars team.

Yep, jedi mind tricks vs legs like tree trunks, its a no brainer

8Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Tue Dec 15 2015, 23:47

Bwfc1958 wrote:Don't get the hype. Couldn't be less interested. Could never get into it and in all honesty I thinks it's shit.

I get the hype bit. Some people are way over the top. We went to a convention thing last week and the effort people go to dressing up and stuff. It's a bit much. But my princess leah costume went down a treat

9Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Tue Dec 15 2015, 23:53

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Speaking of costumes... i never knew star wars could be sexy... 

https://www.instagram.com/filthysith/

10Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Tue Dec 15 2015, 23:54

Dirty boy

Back in ten

11Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Wed Dec 16 2015, 00:01

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I must have no romance in my soul or something. Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings etc. 
I don't get it. It's for kids innit! Sorry, but they all bore the living shite out of me. Mind you, that could be because I'm a 60 year old grumpy bastard.

12Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Wed Dec 16 2015, 00:06

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Hip Priest wrote:I must have no romance in my soul or something. Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings etc. 
I don't get it. It's for kids innit! Sorry, but they all bore the living shite out of me. Mind you, that could be because I'm a 60 year old grumpy bastard.
Harry Potter and LOTR were surprisingly watchable, but on the star wars thing I couldn't agree more. Bored the shite out of me also.

13Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Wed Dec 16 2015, 00:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:I must have no romance in my soul or something. Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings etc. 
I'm half of your age and agree with you 100%! Very Happy

14Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Wed Dec 16 2015, 00:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Speaking of costumes... i never knew star wars could be sexy... 

I'm having dibs on the woman with that star wars figure in her hand (Kimmi Hoang)!

15Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Wed Dec 16 2015, 00:36

Bolton Nuts

Admin

karlypants wrote:

I'm having dibs on the woman with that star wars figure in her hand (Kimmi Hoang)!

Don't know what it is but those outfits are something special.  Didn't know i hada thing for masks until now.

16Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Wed Dec 16 2015, 01:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Don't know what it is but those outfits are something special.  Didn't know i hada thing for masks until now.
I don't need the outfit, the woman will do. Very Happy

17Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Wed Dec 16 2015, 02:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If I watched Star Wars for the first time now I'd probably be completely disinterested.

As it is I watched the first one (Episode 4) when I was about 6 and been a fan ever since.

I'm not so bothered about the new one that I'm willing to pay cinema prices to see it though.

18Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Wed Dec 16 2015, 08:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i remember going to the cinema as a kid (the one that used to be on Bradshawgate i think) as a kid to watch Star Wars and loved it ever since and went to see the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. 
As for the new ones i wasn't such a big fan, the second one was rubbish and i haven't seen the third one yet but i do want to see the new film

19Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Wed Dec 16 2015, 10:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I enjoyed the first one when it came out as I love big budget sci-fi productions and it was a good story. Thought the bloke in the monkey suit rug was a bit silly and spoiled it a bit though. Duly hooked I saw the subsequent ones but they got sillier and sillier and by the time I was taking the kids to watch the prequels I thought it had just descended into farce with the alien characters in particular dragging it down to the level of preschool. More like the Muppets and the Teletubbies than Star Trek. Many of the characters were just plain irritating like that jajabinks rabbit that was straight out of "Who Framed" and would have been a lot funnier if they had a short fat guy slapping it around.

There are big movie franchises like Bond that I feel obliged to watch - in fact I quite enjoyed Spectre recently - but Star Wars isn't one of them. It's just too childish. Strong storylines, action and decent acting have been replaced by throwing too much money at the costume and puppet departments and they need to redress the balance but no doubt the new one will be filled with new "lovable characters" created from plasticine, rugs and CGI in the hands of sad nerds who are focused on the merchandising. 

Give that ball of faux fur two eyes, a silly name and a vaguely human expression and we'll sell gazillions of them for Christmas.

20Star Wars Empty Re: Star Wars Wed Dec 16 2015, 10:53

I've just discovered that Disney will be releasing one new film a year for the next six years.

Looks like they want a swift return their four billion dollars and aren't taking any chances.

Like most people my age, I loved the original films (Star Wars was the first film I ever saw at the pictures as a kid) and only really watched the follow-ups out of curiosity.

I like Abrams' work and enjoyed his Star Trek re-boot and as things stand, I'm hopeful that he won't do too much damage because from what I've heard in the media today after the premiere last night, he's done a similar job, in as much as he's built on the original and supplemented it without sacrificing anything important.

I do, however, worry that the sheer number of new films will probably mean that the casual fan (like me) will probably get bored with it all eventually.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum