Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fans take important step towards creation of a Supporters' Trust at Bolton

+16
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
karlypants
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Kane57
bwfcst
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Norpig
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
NickFazer
gloswhite
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good luck Bollo. I'm avoiding the shops.

God bless amazon.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:looks like i missed a lot last night when i had an early night! 

Just my opinion but lets give this Trust a chance to see what they can do, what harm can it do? If they do become big enough and carry enough weight to have a say in how the clubs run then that can only be a good thing surely?
But it appears that it is run by a cock though?

I'm confused! Very Happy

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This has only been going for a day- and I'm sick of it already.
Off now into Rammy for a pizza-and then to the Macron to see us get tommed again

Any news on the meeting today.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Any news on the meeting today.

It featured on the phone in on Radio Manc..
A meeting will be called in early January(date and venue to be announced) where the Supporters Trust will be present to advise. They're a nationwide organisation of supporters trust to explain how they are formed,function and act.Jimmy Wagg promised to broadcast details of it. I presume there will be lots on here about it as well.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

On Friday they were saying we'd all be more knowledgeable about the trust following the meeting they were having on Saturday morning. It's now Sunday and I'm none the wiser about anything concerning the trust. 

Did the meeting go ahead? Who was present? Can they now reveal the names of the people involved? 

It's ironic they're called a trust. If there's no transparency it's quite difficult to trust them at all.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have two questions for Kane57.

Firstly, why is it only season ticket holders who can join > (hopefully this is just a first step?). I have supported the team since 1962, including buying shares, but have never been able to buy a season ticket, due to my living away from Bolton, since 1963.

Secondly, how does a volunteer based organisation expect to have what is effectively a legal say in the running of a legitimate business. Turning up and sitting on the sidelines, no matter how noisy, isn't going to work.

The season ticket thing perplexed me too glos. Surely they'd attract more members if this want the case

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A tad disappointing that the 'anonymous 8' who clearly stated that one of their THREE stated goals was to have "close ties to all (BWFC) web forums..." couldn't be arsed to give us any feedback.

Anyway I've managed to track down a conversation with 'Chris' (not Chris Manning though), one of the 'anonymous 8' with Radio Manchester after the game yesterday - starts at 31 mins 45 secs -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p039wl05

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I didn't, haven't, heard owt about only season ticket holders as that would then make it a "Season Ticket Holders Only Trust." But there will be another meeting in early January to decide how the Supporters Trust (Sp) is to proceed. No doubt this will be followed by another meeting to set up the hierarchy of the trust and then another to elect the orficers and to decide how to further proceed to setting up and operating said trust. I'm still trying to ascertain what the demographic make up of this group is but so far have only been able to see two gents and I am more than surprised, nay SHOCKED! That Nat doesn't appear to be among them. She can be a pain in the ass but there's no doubting her love of BWFC and I would have thought she would have inveigled a slot on said committee. Just got to wait for more info but we're used to waiting.

Sluffy wrote:A tad disappointing that the 'anonymous 8' who clearly stated that one of their THREE stated goals was to have "close ties to all (BWFC) web forums..." couldn't be arsed to give us any feedback.

Anyway I've managed to track down a conversation with 'Chris' (not Chris Manning though), one of the 'anonymous 8' with Radio Manchester after the game yesterday - starts at 31 mins 45 secs -

Im still hoping kane will come and fill us in. Come on kane. Hatchet buried and all that give us some news

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:I have two questions for Kane57.

Firstly, why is it only season ticket holders who can join > (hopefully this is just a first step?). I have supported the team since 1962, including buying shares, but have never been able to buy a season ticket, due to my living away from Bolton, since 1963.

Secondly, how does a volunteer based organisation expect to have what is effectively a legal say in the running of a legitimate business. Turning up and sitting on the sidelines, no matter how noisy, isn't going to work.

The plan is that if you register as a member then you get a vote. I've made my feelings plain to the group about the season ticket deal and that it should be irrelevant whether you have one or not.

The Trust can take several forms, from having a seat on the board, to being a pressure group from the sides. I suppose more will be known on the direction it'll take after the public meeting.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bwfc1958 wrote:On Friday they were saying we'd all be more knowledgeable about the trust following the meeting they were having on Saturday morning. It's now Sunday and I'm none the wiser about anything concerning the trust. 

Did the meeting go ahead? Who was present? Can they now reveal the names of the people involved? 

It's ironic they're called a trust. If there's no transparency it's quite difficult to trust them at all.

There was supposed to be an ex-Wanderer present, who didn't show in the end due to other circumstances.

It was a meeting with Supporters Direct which gave more information on the options available to a Trust.

I'm happy to reveal my own involvement but the other parties haven't said whether they are happy to do the same just yet so it's not for me to do that on their behalf but we are all Wanderers fans of long standing who are sick of having a club with no accountability and no intention of listening to the supporters and we are hoping to change that.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:A tad disappointing that the 'anonymous 8' who clearly stated that one of their THREE stated goals was to have "close ties to all (BWFC) web forums..." couldn't be arsed to give us any feedback.

Sorry Sluffy - I do have a life outside Bolton Wanderers and that takes priority over updating forums.

Anyway, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have and will do so as best I can.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:

Sorry Sluffy - I do have a life outside Bolton Wanderers and that takes priority over updating forums.

Anyway, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have and will do so as best I can.

I'm sure you have and your other seven colleagues too.

My point is that there is not much point putting down in writing  that you have only THREE stated goals and then can't be arsed to comply with one of them at your very first opportunity to do so.

Hardly bodes well for the future.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Kane57 wrote:

So in other words Kane you're doing exactly what I feared you all would. Making promises that immediately turn out to be a pile of steaming equine excrement. 

And this business of sayng "I have made my feelings plain but haven't been listened to" when asked about ST holders being the only people who can join this new "Trust" means either you personally have no power there and as such shouldn't be listened to here or you're spouting nonsense and can't be trusted which leads to the same conclusion. 

In short your alleged trust that allegedly cares about BWFC is yet another pile of self promoting bovine faeces from faceless people who just want to look good without actually doing anything of substance. I really hoped for more, what a shame my cynicism has proven to be justified so quickly.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Kane57 wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I have two questions for Kane57.

The plan is that if you register as a member then you get a vote. I've made my feelings plain to the group about the season ticket deal and that it should be irrelevant whether you have one or not.

The Trust can take several forms, from having a seat on the board, to being a pressure group from the sides. I suppose more will be known on the direction it'll take after the public meeting.
This is disappointing, and shows me a major error has been made from the outset. Many non season ticket holders will now refuse to join, if they are invited, having already felt as though they are second-class members.

I feel that the organisers are very short sighted, or blinkered, and can't help but wonder if they actually have a plan.  has anyone considered what percentage of the season ticket holders are expected to take up membership ?

I think its a nice idea, but a knee-jerk reaction to the situation, and will probably collapse under its own poorly thought-out planning. Having said that, the exercise has at least pointed us all in the direction of what should be done.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Maybe I wasn't clear - you don't have to be a ST holder to join. Just register as a member of the Trust

Ping us a link Kane (sorry if you already have) I'm happy to register and circulate it.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum