Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So she's only gone and done it!

+17
dubzee
gloswhite
Chairmanda
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
observer
Bollotom2014
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
scottjames30
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
karlypants
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:You should also be able to get a picture.  Or at least you used to be able to.
We got given a pic at the hospital which I was surprised about as they are a fiver each now apparently.

22So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Bwfc1958 wrote:Brilliant news kp! 

They will piss on you, shit on you, be sick on you, keep you up half the night and worry you to death but it's all worth it and there's nothing more rewarding than watching your kids grow up. Their first smile, first solid foods, first words, first steps, first day at nursery, first day at school, first nativity, everything is amazing and far, far outweighs the empty wallet and tiredness. There's no manual but it all comes naturally as you will find out. 

You'll be a great dad kp so don't worry, be excited. Proper chuffed for you mate.  Smile
Cheers mate. Smile

I'm definitely looking forward to when the kid is s bit older where you can do stuff together like the park, play football etc.

23So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:21

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:You should also be able to get a picture.  Or at least you used to be able to.
If you're lucky and get a generous nurse they will let you have one for nowt but more often than not they will make you buy them for a few quid.
BTID they'll give you a black and white one free. A colour one usually costs three quid or so. My brother's missus had both when my nephew was on the way. She told me that was 'standard' according to the nurse who did the scan. Both my boys were born before colour ultrasound was used at Sharoe Green or Chorley Hospital so we got a B/W one of each (which I still have) free of charge but that was in 1996 and 99.
My youngest was only born in summer 2014 and trust me when I say this lpp, Bolton hospital give you sod all for free.

24So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:21

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've only ever changed one nappy, so if you can get away the same Karly, you've done well.

Congratulations.

25So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:The scans are not always infallible! Best to keep it as a surprise and see what nature delivers! Friends and family can always colour code presents and clothes for the baby after it is born. I know I never needed or wanted to know the sex of my offspring. What will be will be.
That's a good point as I was a little worried that if I didn't know the sex then either the kid could be dressed in the wrong clothes due to buying early or would be running around like a tit in a trance last min. Very Happy

26So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I've only ever changed one nappy, so if you can get away the same Karly, you've done well.

Congratulations.

Six fingers, what's it like?

27So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
If you're lucky and get a generous nurse they will let you have one for nowt but more often than not they will make you buy them for a few quid.
The Mrs would like to record the image moving on the phone so will have to ask and hopefully not refused. Smile

28So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Anytime.  :clap: :good:

By the way, BTID is right, you can often tell at 12 weeks what the baby's gender is but the hospital will generally offer to let you be surprised if you want and not tell you. When my eldest son was born my ex-wife and I opted not to know but when my youngest came along we went the other way.
I feel that if I knew what sex the kid is would perhaps make it easier for preparing for stuff before he/she arrives.

Then again I still can't decide which is best, being a boy could be a right nightmare like when I was a kid but then I would feel I would want to lock my daughter up in her bedroom till she is married sort of thing. Very Happy

29So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
BTID they'll give you a black and white one free. A colour one usually costs three quid or so. My brother's missus had both when my nephew was on the way. She told me that was 'standard' according to the nurse who did the scan. Both my boys were born before colour ultrasound was used at Sharoe Green or Chorley Hospital so we got a B/W one of each (which I still have) free of charge but that was in 1996 and 99.
I can't remember where I read about the prices but if you want a 3D scan, it's 80 quid! Shocked

30So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

karlypants wrote:

They will piss on you, shit on you, be sick on you, keep you up half the night and worry you to death but it's all worth it and there's nothing more rewarding than watching your kids grow up. Their first smile, first solid foods, first words, first steps, first day at nursery, first day at school, first nativity, everything is amazing and far, far outweighs the empty wallet and tiredness. There's no manual but it all comes naturally as you will find out. 

You'll be a great dad kp so don't worry, be excited. Proper chuffed for you mate.  Smile
Cheers mate. Smile

I'm definitely looking forward to when the kid is s bit older where you can do stuff together like the park, play football etc.
I have an 8 year old and taking him to the park, playing football etc, it's brilliant but there is much fun to be had when they are babies as well. At the moment I have the best of both worlds and love it. My kids are my whole world and you will feel the same. It's a pretty amazing feeling tbh. The love you have for your kids feels different to the love you have for others. Hard to explain until you have them yourself.

31So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
I can't remember where I read about the prices but if you want a 3D scan, it's 80 quid! Shocked

32So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I've only ever changed one nappy, so if you can get away the same Karly, you've done well.

Congratulations.
Cheers mate. Very Happy

33So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Cheers mate. Smile

I have an 8 year old and taking him to the park, playing football etc, it's brilliant but there is much fun to be had when they are babies as well. At the moment I have the best of both worlds and love it. My kids are my whole world and you will feel the same. It's a pretty amazing feeling tbh. The love you have for your kids feels different to the love you have for others. Hard to explain until you have them yourself.
I've gone through the whole denial thing ignoring it thinking it will go away which it hasn't, then told the Mrs she's just getting fat and not preggas until seeing the monitor at the hospital.

It gave me a right funny feeling inside Very Happy

34So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:39

So when does she want me to start paying maintenance kp?

Just kidding. Congratulations. One of the best things you can do is find the most comfortable position for them to fall asleep on YOU on the chair in front of the tv. That way its always you who gets them off to aleep and you can catch a few winks yourself or catch up on bumboys weekly.

Its the easiest and hardest thing to do in the whole world. It doesn't make sense now. .....but it will

35So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

Congratulations.

Six fingers, what's it like?

Scott..give it a rest ffs. It's supposed to be the season of goodwill.  santa

36So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:41

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

y2johnny wrote:So when does she want me to start paying maintenance kp?

Just kidding.  Congratulations.  One of the best things you can do is find the most comfortable position for them to fall asleep on YOU on the chair in front of the tv. That way its always you who gets them off to aleep and you can catch a few winks yourself or catch up on bumboys weekly.

Its the easiest and hardest thing to do in the whole world. It doesn't make sense now. .....but it will
Very sound advice that I fully endorse  :like:

37So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:43

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure he can take a joke, like your shit video's , nobody gives a shit.

38So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:43

Bwfc1958 wrote:

Just kidding.  Congratulations.  One of the best things you can do is find the most comfortable position for them to fall asleep on YOU on the chair in front of the tv. That way its always you who gets them off to aleep and you can catch a few winks yourself or catch up on bumboys weekly.

Ueah, the bumboy weekly was specifically for kp. I watch wrestling Very Happy

39So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:46

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

y2johnny wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:

Ueah, the bumboy weekly was specifically for kp.  I watch wrestling Very Happy
Watching blokes rolling round on the floor with each other whilst wearing lycra underpants is the same thing surely?  Very Happy

40So she's only gone and done it! - Page 2 Empty Re: So she's only gone and done it! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I think about you and 58 (possibly BTID) you all had kids a lot younger or at least your first one.

Thinking about my age, I will be 42 when my kid is just 10! Shocked 

I better start on your fitness thing after Xmas Johnny! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum