Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The turning point.

+5
finlaymcdanger
luckyPeterpiper
Jack Russell
scottjames30
doffcocker
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The turning point. Empty The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 15:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this win could actually turn around our season.

Against all the odds we might be playing Championship football next season.

There was one thing that i saw on that pitch today, and that was fight, maybe we will see that fight again, because that's what we're all about.

We're the one and only Wanderers!

2The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 15:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's always been fight (except when Dervite's playing).

The difference is that little bit of quality in Clough. I'm not saying he's the finished product, but he could be the difference between us going down and getting just enough wins here and there to stay up.

3The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 15:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All we need to do now, is start a fresh. how good must them players feel after that win, how good must Lennon feel and the fans .
Get used to it, fight like men possessed and lets put pressure on them above us ( nothing to lose right? ) lets prove everyone wrong and stay up.

4The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 17:16

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Great performance today, I am sure that result should install the confidence back in to the team,
I nearly had a mild heart attack when the ball was bouncing around our net at the end !

5The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 17:27

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:I think this win could actually turn around our season.

Against all the odds we might be playing Championship football next season.

There was one thing that i saw on that pitch today, and that was fight, maybe we will see that fight again, because that's what we're all about.

We're the one and only Wanderers!
I have to agree. I didn't see much quality out there from either side but there was no lack of heart or commitment from anyone in a white shirt and the reactions from Neil and the players at the final whistle were great to watch. Clough has tons of potential imo, we MUST hang onto him in January if at all possible. Wheater was a complete rock in defence especially in the 2nd half and Amos did pretty well too overall. And if I dare say it Madine really took his goal well, it was a great finish. Finally, and imo very importantly we got some good luck on the pitch for a change and we managed to use it. Good day all round.

6The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 17:33

We need to avoid administration before it can be classed as a turning point.

7The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 17:38

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barb Dwyer wrote:We need to avoid administration before it can be classed as a turning point.
I wouldn't claim it's definitely a turning point Barb, even if we do avoid admin we still need a heck of a good run from now till May to avoid the drop but if (and I admit it's a big if) we did then I would bet people will look back at today and say "That was the moment that changed it all". It's a huge result anyway, finally getting a win after some atrocious performance and some atrocious luck must be a massive lift for everyone in the dressing room. Whether it's enough to inspire a 2nd half of the season comeback remains to be seen but for the first time in far too long there is at least a reason, however small it might be to hope

We're not dead yet and maybe, just maybe this will turn out to be that slice of confidence boosting luck the club has needed for so long.

8The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 18:16

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

First time I have been to a game in a while but I though both sides were very poor. Not much between them apart from Madine's well taken goal.

Mark Davies by far the best player on the pitch closely followed by Josh Vela who was very confident and assured on the ball, despite disappearing for a while in the second half. I thought Moxey looked decent going forward but the defence was pretty shaky on the whole - without Wheater we could have been in a big mess. Hopefully he stays fit for the rest of the season. He was as good as he has ever been today.

Nice to be back in the ground. Despite the standard of football on display, I miss it.

9The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 18:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The performance was pretty shit on a number of levels, and for 75 minutes it looked like Sky had picked yet another stinker.

Blackburn were just all about long balls which Wheater dealt with very well. That's the only thing the whole defence really had to deal with all match.

We obviously didn't create much either; even the goalscorer was absolute dogshite and lucky not to have been subbed by the time he scored the goal, which he took very well.

But I do think there might be just enough quality and graft there to nick 21st assuming Clough and Davies don't break again.

10The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 18:23

finlaymcdanger wrote:First time I have been to a game in a while

You do of course now realise that returning to The States is simply out of the question, don't you?

We can discuss the possibility of your going home when we're mathematically safe.

Good man, well volunteered.

11The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 18:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughable posts on here.

We were absolute shite. But for the first time this season we came up against someone even worse than us.

Nice to see a bit of fight, but we are the worst team in this league.

12The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 18:49

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Nice to see a bit of fight, but we are the worst team in this league.

No shit, Sherlock.

Good job you pointed that out before we all went and bought our "BWFC Promotion 2015" t-shirts.......

13The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 18:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seeing as you haven't been to the Macron since Martin Petrov lost his hair I thought it needed pointing out.

14The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 18:53

It was still The Reebok the last time I went.

Get it right.

15The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Mon Dec 28 2015, 20:53

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:It was still The Reebok the last time I went.

Get it right.
Really Bread? I could have sworn you told me your last home game was at Christchurch. Very Happy

16The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Tue Dec 29 2015, 00:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our luck has turned that's for sure. 
When Lawrence's deflected shot was heading towards the corner in added time it would definitely have sneaked in before today. When the ball hit Pratley's hand the ref would have given them a pen before today. And Madine's goal would have been disallowed for pushing. But none of those things happened and for the first time in living memory we got a happy ending - or at least it felt like one. Smile

Let's hope our luck stays turned.

17The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Tue Dec 29 2015, 04:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All i wanna say is that Blackburn were dogshit and looked like the team that should be bottom of the table. We showed today that we are good enough to stay up

18The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Tue Dec 29 2015, 09:08

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Breadman wrote:It was still The Reebok the last time I went.

Get it right.
So you aint been for a couple of years, as it's the Macron now

19The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Tue Dec 29 2015, 14:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Slightly concerned about Lennon's comments that the win showed we were never in relegation trouble (or words to that effect) The last thing we need after that is complacency.

20The turning point. Empty Re: The turning point. Tue Dec 29 2015, 14:32

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Slightly concerned about Lennon's comments that the win showed we were never in relegation trouble (or words to that effect) The last thing we need after that is complacency.
I think that's more for effect than an actual statement of belief. Neil's probably hoping it will give the lads and fans a boost and help the players get out of the drop zone simply because they believe they can. I doubt Neil really feels we're in zero danger and never were. It's more likely (imo) that he's putting on a very brave face in order to bolster everyone else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum