Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Armchair Twats Have Killed Us

+13
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
Alf Hooker
Bolton Nuts
okocha
doffcocker
Norpig
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 18:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:I would suggest that the 15,000 there on Saturday is a good turn out considering the rubbish on display. I expect 7 or 8 thousand starting next season.  So if another 10k show up for home games all will be grand ???   Obviously more people the more money but the percentage increase wouldn't make a dent in the debt.  It's like the government....give them more money and they spend more or pocket it.  It doesn't come back to us in players or services. Only in a dream world.

It's too late now, but if all these glory hunters (that have now become keyboard warriors) had backed the club with bums on seats over the last few years no way would we be in this situation. The debt would still be big but we'd be in the Premier League which would make it much less of an issue.

I notice not one keyboard warrior has had the guts to defend themselves.

62Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 23:21

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nat, this is getting tiresome. Football is a form of entertainment and a very expensive one at that. If a club wants fans to show up they have to at least look like they're trying to provide value for money and attempting to entertain. Why is football any different than any other way of spending leisure time. No club has a divine right to fan's unswerving loyalty forever with no questions asked. You know that at least as well as anyone here. Honestly, you're putting up these dumb posts only because you like a fight on the forum. Do yourself a favour, use your brains and start out with an accurate statement. You know there are plenty on here who'd disagree with you if you said today is Monday so you can have your scrap without making yourself look daft.

63Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:02

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

People who spout on about BWFC but don't attend games are no better than scum fans who don't attend. The only difference is scum fans see most games from their comfy chair whilst Wanderers fans have the occasional treat!
I well understand that there's other things to do when you get out of the habit, but don't pretend you know what's going on and what's gone wrong with the Club and, more importantly, who's half decent as a player when you've seen nowt all season.
The only person you are kidding is yourself!!

64Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:05

Go back to sleep.

65Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:06

Soul Kitchen wrote:People who spout on about BWFC but don't attend games are no better than scum fans who don't attend. The only difference is scum fans see most games from their comfy chair whilst Wanderers fans have the occasional treat!
I well understand that there's other things to do when you get out of the habit, but don't pretend you know what's going on and what's gone wrong with the Club and, more importantly, who's half decent as a player when you've seen nowt all season.
shittest post ever award goes to ^

come on, going to games get's you vital secret backroom information does it?

66Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:07

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

67Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:15

Not for a second do I think this is Nat's real view, just a good effort at rousing up a bit of arguing/debate on here (which has been lacking over the last few weeks I reckon).

But in response to SK, if you only want to hear the opinions of fans who attend every game then you're not going to have much of a forum, part of the idea is that it engages people wherever they live.

I went to the Blackburn game over Xmas as I was in the area seeing family. It was a good day out (although the queue at the ticket office meant I missed the first 10 minutes). But if I don't watch the game live, I watch it on Wanderers player and give my opinions as I see fit, if you don't want to read them then block anybody who doesn't have a season ticket that's your prerogative.

68Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:27

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:People who spout on about BWFC but don't attend games are no better than scum fans who don't attend. The only difference is scum fans see most games from their comfy chair whilst Wanderers fans have the occasional treat!
shittest post ever award goes to ^

come on, going to games get's you vital secret backroom information does it?

No not secret backroom information or owt else apart from watching the team you support!
Furthermore it also means I can have a good moan about what I'm watching and at least know what I'm moaning about.
Hope this helps?

69Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:29

SK,

You know how Cameron's a wanker and you (like the rest of us) enjoy a good rant about him on here?

How many Cabinet Meetings have you actually sat in on, then....?

70Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:31

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

420 mile round trip isn't it from your South Bank dog kennel to the Macron isn't it?
That's some distance to Horwich Parkway, how many miles have you clocked up to there this season on the train?

71Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:33

Soul Kitchen wrote:

420 mile round trip isn't it from your South Bank dog kennel to the Macron isn't it?
That's some distance to Horwich Parkway, how many miles have you clocked up to there this season on the train?

Hi mate, see post 67 for my long reply. 

(After 66 but just before 68, give me a shout if you need any guidance).

72Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:SK,

You know how Cameron's a wanker and you (like the rest of us) enjoy a good rant about him on here?

How many Cabinet Meetings have you actually sat in on, then....?

At this moment in time Cameron is a better option than Comrade Corbyn so that's how deep Labour has sunk!
But to answer your cabinet question as many board meetings of BWFC you've been to.....none. The subtle difference is You can go to the Macron but neither of the former two!
Hope this helps?

73Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Question:

Am I right in thinking that if we go into administration it would be in EDs interest NOT to wipe of the debt he is owed? 
My thinking is that if he declared himself as a creditor (he'd be the main creditor) then he would get back x pence in the pound when the assets are sold off and therefore be in the best position to buy the club back relatively intact inasmuch that as the main creditor he would get the majority of the payout after priority creditors.

74Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:38

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

Hi mate, see post 67 for my long reply. 

(After 66 but just before 68, give me a shout if you need any guidance).

None then. How unsurprising!

75Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:41

Did you get lost on the way to post 67?

76Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:43

wanderlust wrote:Question:

Am I right in thinking that if we go into administration it would be in EDs interest NOT to wipe of the debt he is owed? 
My thinking is that if he declared himself as a creditor (he'd be the main creditor) then he would get back x pence in the pound when the assets are sold off and therefore be in the best position to buy the club back relatively intact inasmuch that as the main creditor he would get the majority of the payout after priority creditors.

What are you up to with this......? 

It has a very familiar ring to it.

77Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:44

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Question:

lusty as a football creditor we would have to pay him all the money he is owed in order to exit administration. That's absolutely not negotiable. Same thing with player and staff wages plus bills to direct football creditors (eg the caterers who supply the pies, the people who print the programme and the kit manufacturers). Manda and rammywhite know more about this and between them posted an excellent explanation of the issues surrounding both going into and exiting administration. ED can choose not to list himself as a creditor at all which means he'd get zero but if he doesn't do that then we would have to pay him in full.

78Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:50

Are you sure LPP? That just doesn't sound right to me.

79Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

To be pedantic Davies is not the major creditor, Moonshift is (although I think the debt was recently transferred to Fildraw?).

I'm also unsure what the exact meaning of the phrase 'football creditor' is. For instance why are the players wages deemed to be a football creditor whilst the income tax on them is not?

80Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 4 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 13:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Are you sure LPP? That just doesn't sound right to me.
Unfortunately I'm certain 1874. In return for allowing football creditors to take precedence over even HMRC it was agreed that any club entering admin would have to pay all football creditors at 100 pence in the pound before being allowed to exit. It came about largely because of the fiasco at Portsmouth where several players deferred their wages only to be told they would never get them once the club went into admin. Leeds Utd had already done the same a few years earlier and the PFA and FA were less than impressed by it. Part of the reason was because general staff at the club like secretaries etc were also denied wages and made redundant with no payoff either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum