Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

David Haye.

+9
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
Mr Magoo
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61David Haye. - Page 4 Empty Re: David Haye. Mon May 23 2016, 11:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He fights under the Swiss flag but he's actually Kosovan.

It is clear that no one wanted any upsets on the way to a Haye v Briggs match up - and they clearly didn't get any!

Surely those who paid to watch the bout must have thought something wasn't quite right when it was being shown live on 'Dave' of all channels!

Somebody was certainly having a laugh somewhere along the line!

62David Haye. - Page 4 Empty Re: David Haye. Mon May 23 2016, 12:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone notice DH's rather odd 'shorts'?

63David Haye. - Page 4 Empty Re: David Haye. Mon May 23 2016, 12:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

boltonbonce wrote:Did anyone notice DH's rather odd 'shorts'?
I was going to mention that myself. He looked like he was wearing some sort of giant nappy.

64David Haye. - Page 4 Empty Re: David Haye. Mon May 23 2016, 13:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Briggs V Haye likely to take place in September. Looking forward to that

65David Haye. - Page 4 Empty Re: David Haye. Mon May 23 2016, 17:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Was out last night so just watched the rerun. 
I just don't get it. The Swiss guys' record was exemplary - undefeated and most wins by KO - so I thought it would at least provide a challenge for Haye.
What I don't understand is that if it was fixed and the guy took a dive, who benefits? Haye certainly doesn't as everyone could plainly see the bloke was trying to bail at every opportunity after he was decked by the right cross.
Thought Haye started well and that the first knock down was genuine quality (albeit straight through a poor defence) but after that the Swiss was on his bike. Also thought Haye looked genuinely frustrated by his antics and wanted a proper fight.
Don't buy this line about "the power of Haye's punches stopping opponents in their tracks" as the full answer to what was going on but equally I can't see what Haye would gain from the guy bailing.
Baffling.

I think both fights last night were geared up and orchestrated so that Haye meets Briggs in a title eliminator. I'm looking forward to the Haye v Briggs fight. Briggs is another larger than life character but he still packs a punch at 44 so it could be an interesting fight.
It's a theory that would explain a fix RT but what I don't get is that if someone is being paid to throw a fight surely they can do a less obvious job of it than that? I've seen premier league footballers making less obvious dives than this guy.
He even tried to go down when he was clipped at the end of the first and the ref had to tell him to get up. And the left jab? Really?

It was so bad he made Haye look like he was paying him and that's the last thing Haye would want publicity-wise.

66David Haye. - Page 4 Empty Re: David Haye. Mon May 23 2016, 20:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Briggs, I hope he stays in England then gets a knighthood.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum