Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Today's the big day!

+13
Cajunboy
observer
Bollotom2014
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
karlypants
wanderlust
Numpty 28723
FullofSprite
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Today's the big day! Empty Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 09:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The big day is finally here, we've been down the back of the couches at the Hotel to find a few quid and sold off some offices and car parks but will it be enough?

What do you think will happen, will the begging from our crack team of negotiators manage to put on enough of a sob story to get an extension or are those naughty civil servants going to insist we pay up and force us into administration?

What't the best we can hope for?

Last edited by Norpig on Mon Jan 18 2016, 09:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

2Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 09:16

Bury have been given a winding up order as well. If the worst comes to thw worst we can join together as a new club. Take the B from Bury and the olton Wanderers from our name and join together.

3Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 09:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Bury have been given a winding up order as well. If the worst comes to thw worst we can join together as a new club. Take the B from Bury and the olton Wanderers from our name and join together.
Very Happy I work with a Bury fan and he's always taking the piss at the moment. Think i'll go and find him and give him some back

4Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 09:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing will happen.

5Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 09:19

Barb Dwyer wrote:Bury have been given a winding up order as well. If the worst comes to thw worst we can join together as a new club. Take the B from Bury and the olton Wanderers from our name and join together.

Bit unfair that, Barb.

I propose we also take the "Football Club" from their name and try to incorporate it.

It's only fair.

6Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 09:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Nothing will happen.
 Thanks for your lengthy and well researched answer Nat, this is why i love to create threads for this kind of thought provoking debate

7Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 09:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
 Thanks for your lengthy and well researched answer Nat, this is why i love to create threads for this kind of thought provoking debate

Sorry, but I have it from the horses mouth.

8Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 09:31

Sadly, I think Nat's right, Mr Pig.

If you look at the running order for today's business at the court, there are loads of companies scheduled to appear (our slot's 11:30), so I think today's a case of the Beak saying "Have you got a plan?" and our lot replying: "Yes" and handing some paperwork over.

Which will then result in an adjournment to a later date while someone on behalf of the court crunches the numbers and decides if we're taking the piss or not.

9Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 10:12

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Could play at Gigg Lane too. Less overheads than the Macron and designed for smaller crowds .

BTW I believe Bury FC say they've paid their tax bill now.

Last edited by FullofSprite on Mon Jan 18 2016, 11:39; edited 2 times in total

10Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 10:24

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:Sadly, I think Nat's right, Mr Pig.

If you look at the running order for today's business at the court, there are loads of companies scheduled to appear (our slot's 11:30), so I think today's a case of the Beak saying "Have you got a plan?" and our lot replying: "Yes" and handing some paperwork over.

Which will then result in an adjournment to a later date while someone on behalf of the court crunches the numbers and decides if we're taking the piss or not.

We're definitely not taking the piss, your honour, you can't close us down today cos it's Blue Monday - here's the proof:

Calculation[[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]

Arnall has said the date was devised to help a travel company to "analyze when people book holidays and holiday trends"[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and used many factors, including: weather conditions, debt level (the difference between debt accumulated and our ability to pay), time since Christmas, time since failing our new year’s resolutions, low motivational levels and feeling of a need to take action. One equation used by Arnall in 2006 was:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
where Tt = travel time; D = delays; C = time spent on cultural activities; R = time spent relaxing; ZZ = time spent sleeping; St = time spent in a state of stress; P = time spent packing; Pr = time spent in preparation. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are not defined.

A 2009 press release[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] used a different formula:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
where W=weather, D=debt, d=monthly salary, T=time since Christmas, Q=time since failing our new year’s resolutions, M=low motivational levels, and Na=the feeling of a need to take action. Again, no units were defined.

Ben Goldacre has observed that the equations "fail even to make mathematical sense on their own terms", pointing out that under Arnall's original equation, packing for ten hours and preparing for 40 will always guarantee a good holiday, and that "you can have an infinitely good weekend by staying at home and cutting your travel time to zero".[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Dean Burnett, a neuroscientist who has worked in the psychology department of Cardiff University, has described the work as "farcical", with "nonsensical measurements".[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 10:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote: Take the B from Bury and the olton Wanderers from our name and join together.

TBF I've heard better names for a football club than Uryb.

12Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 11:36

No case is lasting more than 5 mins. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] long history resting in hands of a barrister with no Bolton interest representing us well.

13Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 11:40

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

y2johnny wrote:No case is lasting more than 5 mins. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] long history resting in hands of a barrister with no Bolton interest representing us well.
It'll certainly concentrate minds if judgement goes the wrong way

14Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 11:42

i'm just copyinh off someone on twitter who is in there, probably wont be until around 2pm when our case is heard.

15Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 11:43

Stay of execution until  22nd of Feb.

16Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 11:44

1. Sale of car park is to provide additional funding

17Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 11:44

Winding up adjourned to 22 Feb. Reasons are:

18Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 11:45

2. FOUR companies (no names mentioned due to commercial sensitivity) in bidding for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. 2 registrars seen docs & happy. HMRC are not!!!!

19Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 11:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:2. FOUR companies (no names mentioned due to commercial sensitivity) in bidding for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. 2 registrars seen docs & happy. HMRC are not!!!!
Sounds positive

20Today's the big day! Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 11:50

3. Delay also agreed to enable [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to sell additional players in this transfer window.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum