Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Today's the big day!

+13
Cajunboy
observer
Bollotom2014
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
karlypants
wanderlust
Numpty 28723
FullofSprite
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 12:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ameobi to leave as well as we can't afford to pay him now according to the BBC. Not entirely unexpected i suppose

42Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 12:37

gutted, where on earth will we get goals now................

43Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 12:40

one for norpig to post really

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

on a side note i have seen these bill things popping up all over lately and they are pissing me off.  but then again ive just added to it....................sorry

44Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 12:59

This all still feels as though it's being very carefully choreographed and none of it's spontaneous to me.

As if there's some Grand Plan at play and going through the motions in the High Court is just another part of it, the outcome being already known in advance.

Just a gut feeling but I can't shake it.

45Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is noticeable that Bill is a tithead with no balls.

HMRC are desperate to make an example of us/any football club. Fortunately as mentioned elsewhere, they are subject to the law. 

Name your charity, Bread.

46Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:07

wanderlust wrote:It is noticeable that Bill is a tithead with no balls.

HMRC are desperate to make an example of us/any football club. Fortunately as mentioned elsewhere, they are subject to the law. 

Your call, mate.

Although something to do with helping terminally ill kids would be nice.

Keep it local if you like, if you know of a hospice or something similar.

47Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:15

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:Stay of execution until  22nd of Feb.

What did I tell you all last Friday
Ask Uncle Rammy if you want to know what will happen!!

48Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:16

Dear Uncle Rammy,

What's going to happen on Feb 22nd?

49Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Francis House always need money, they are a childrens Hospice in Manchester

50Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Dear Uncle Rammy,

i said this earlier but surely they couldn't get another extension? It's time for Saint Eddie to put his pants on and get back from Barbados and sell this club

51Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:20

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Dear Uncle Rammy,

Dear nephew

I haven't a friggin' clue!!

Yet!

Uncle Rammy

52Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:30

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It'll all be concluded in 48 hours.  Twisted Evil

53Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still reckon there will be a takeover, but not until the buyers have screwed down the price as far as it's possible to go. However at some point they will realise that if they don't make their move, there will be nothing left to buy so it's likely to be at the point when the club has to sell an asset that the new owners would want to keep.

54Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought Saint Eddie was selling for a pound and wiping off the debt? Surely it makes sense to buy now while we still have our assets such as Euxton?

Last edited by Norpig on Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:57; edited 1 time in total

55Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It is noticeable that Bill is a tithead with no balls.

Your call, mate.

Although something to do with helping terminally ill kids would be nice.

Keep it local if you like, if you know of a hospice or something similar.
I was going to give to the Rainbow Trust but their website was down so I've given the money to Bill Nighy instead:

Thank you for your generous gift of £XXXX which will be used to enhance the quality of life of our Starlight children.

This year, Starlight will bring fun and laughter to over 500,000 seriously and terminally ill children by granting their wishes and providing entertainment in hospitals and hospices throughout the UK. All Starlights activities are aimed at distracting children from the pain, fear and isolation caused by their illness. Starlight receives neither government nor lottery funding and relies entirely on the support of people like you.

Your much appreciated contribution and support will help Starlight bring happy memories into the lives of many seriously ill children and their families, and for this I cannot thank you enough.

Now you have so kindly made your donation, I wonder if you would help spread the word about 'Give as you Live for Starlight' to friends and colleagues please? We have found a way to raise funds every time supporters shop online ... at no cost to them, which Starlight Ambassador, Bill Nighy is helping to promote.  There is a 'one off' download and 30 second film which explains all here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. In just a few weeks, some 3,000 people have downloaded and have already raised nearly #10,000 in donations (from the retailers) for Starlight whenever they shop - at no cost to them!  Please get the download for yourself and let all your friends know as well. If you are tweeting, the following might be helpful:

Love Bill Nighy's brilliant idea for shopping, helping terminally ill kids at the same time [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

Very many thanks

Neil Swan
Chief Executive Officer
Starlight Children's Foundation

56Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 13:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

good choice Lusty

57Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 14:05

Top work, sir.

I'm sure your gift of 40 Roman pounds will be well spent.

(I know 40's XL, just go with it.)

:clap:

Last edited by Breadman on Mon Jan 18 2016, 14:07; edited 1 time in total

58Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 14:07

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

y2johnny wrote:gutted, where on earth will we get goals now................
We should have sorted it out that we paid him by the goals he scored.  Minimal damage.

59Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 14:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i though Saint Eddie was selling for a pound and wiping off the debt? Surely it makes sense to buy now while we still have our assets such as Euxton?

That's exactly the contradiction I've been wrestling with these last few weeks. 
Until a buyer steps in, the club has to flog off assets to support cashflow.
The longer the buyer leaves it, the less club he is buying - so his offer price will reduce accordingly.
That said, the club has a lot of fat that needs trimming so the potential buyers are probably quite happy to sit back and let the club get on with it for now - at least until an asset they want to keep has to be flogged.
But another slow burner is relegation. The value of the club would be higher in the Championship so at what point do they step in and invest? Obviously the window is limited and they'd have to submit accounts and get clearance to buy but I think this brinkmanship has already passed the point of no return i.e. that potential buyers don't have enough money to sort out the finances AND finance survival.

60Today's the big day! - Page 3 Empty Re: Today's the big day! Mon Jan 18 2016, 14:09

observer wrote:
y2johnny wrote:gutted, where on earth will we get goals now................
We should have sorted it out that we paid him by the goals he scored.  Minimal damage.
maybe we can renegotiate all the contracts to reflect this.  goals for the strikers, crosses reaching a bolton shirt for wingers, tackles made for defenders and clean sheets for Amos etc

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum