Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fabrice Muamba: Where's the leadership at Bolton?

+2
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers leadership has been questioned by former player Fabrice Muamba.

The Championship club are £172.9m in debt and owe £2.2m in unpaid taxes but have avoided going under.

"How do you reach £170m of debt? When you hit £50m, alarm bells should start going off. I'm not here to point the finger but how did it get this bad?" Muamba tells Newsbeat.

The case has been adjourned until 22 February.

The High Court has given Bolton extra time to either find a potential buyer or raise enough to cover them in the short-term by selling things they own.

It would let them trade and make payments on the debts owed to Revenue & Customs and other creditors.

Muamba raised concerns about where money made by the club was going.

"You wonder if we were blindsided all the time or were we spending more than we had?

"We sold Gary Cahill to Chelsea for £7m and I'm not sure if we invested all that money into the squad," he says.

"If we didn't then I'm sure that could have been paid towards the debt."

It's not just the financial issues he blames management for.

It's also the performance of the players.

Bolton are currently bottom of the Championship and were held to a 1-1 draw in the FA Cup third round by non-league Eastleigh.

They were relegated from the Premier League in 2012 after 11 seasons in the top division.

"At the end of the day football is about leading boys and making sure they know what they're doing," he tells Newsbeat.

"I know some players that live really close to the stadium which shows how much the town and place means to them.

"Regardless of how small your budget is, your job as a coach or manager is to lift them up and make sure they can perform at the best of their ability.

"Half of that squad aren't even performing at the level I know they can play."

Sometimes he finds it painful to watch The Trotters.

"I watched an FA Cup game and I had to turn it off after 20 minutes because it was that hard to watch.

"I saw them play against Brentford but left after 35 minutes.

"You just wonder where the leadership is here?"

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabrice Muamba wrote:
"How do you reach £170m of debt?

By buying useless twats like you.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabrice Muamba wrote:
"How do you reach £170m of debt?

By buying useless twats like you.

He was a good player.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For £5m he was fecking useless.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wouldn't mind him now,even though he couldn't shoot for toffee.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why are all the players that made a fortune playing shit for us, coming out of the woodwork slagging us off?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I may be in a minority but I thought Fabrice was good for us under Owen Coyle. Before he had his heart attack at White Hart Lane I genuinely viewed him as a potential succesor to Kevin Davies as Captain and felt he was really starting to take charge of the midfield. 

His passing was poor compared to the likes of Eagles, Lee and Mavies but there was no one better at winning the ball and breaking down opposition attacks before they started in my opinion. For my money Megson used him wrong like he did damned near every player he bought but he was well worth the 5 mil we paid and would have probably wound up being worth double that had he stayed fit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum