Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wolves 2-2 Bolton

+19
scottjames30
Jack Russell
Numpty 28723
terenceanne
doffcocker
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
observer
wanderlust
boltonbonce
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Lever ender
luckyPeterpiper
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
gloswhite
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Mon Feb 01 2016, 20:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Every week we have a prediction thread and every week we are playing against a team that has done better than us in the league and on paper at least has a better team so invariably I think we are going to lose. 
Wander - EVERY team has done better than us in the league!  

Well spotted that man! They don't call you Observer for nothing....Smile
Wish it wasn't so... but who knows who will be on the team when the clock strikes midnight!  Disheartened by the poor play against Leeds and wish we had the desire back in the team.

Having run out of straws to cling to recently, I managed to pull one out of the bag about 10 minutes ago when I realised that Lennon will be forced to make changes and there's a fifty-fifty chance of that being an improvement Smile

22Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Mon Feb 01 2016, 20:39

It's just a shame that Lennon's idea of "making changes" probably means nothing more than throwing Woollery on with 6 minutes to go as opposed to the standard 4.

Unless we're 3 down, in which case he might get the full 10 minutes.....

23Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 07:08

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Approaching this game with the usual sinking feeling that there will be nothing in it for us.
 Wolves will win and its really up to them what the score will be. If they're on form it could be 5-0. If they're a bit sluggish it'll be only 2 or 3 nil

24Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 09:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was hoping that selling a few players in the window would force Lennon's hand and he'd have to make changes to the personnel and system but seeing as nobody wants our players we're going to be getting more of the same i.e. picking a lump up front with instructions to run around like a headless chicken until we've lost.  4141 might become 4231 as we're away I suppose (same players though) but I can't see anything more imaginative than that happening.

25Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 10:16

It's Grounhog day today, so another defeat.

26Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 10:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel another defeat as well.

Wolves 2-1 Bolton for me.

27Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 10:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Wolves v Bolton

SETTING THE SCENE
Bolton Wanderers return to Sky Bet Championship action when they travel to Wolves on Tuesday night.

Having exited the FA Cup at the hands of Leeds United, the Whites will be keen to bounce back at Molineux in their bid to climb the table.

And while Neil Lennon’s side are yet to win on their travels so far this season, their first win of the current campaign came in the reverse fixture against Wolves back in September (see below).

Currently sitting in mid-table after narrowly missing out on the play-offs last year, Wolves recently saw a four-game winning run in the league ended by a home defeat to Cardiff City.

That loss as Molineux also came off the back of Kenny Jackett’s side claiming back-to-back home wins, having previously not emerged triumphant in front of their own fans since early October.

Bolton will be well-aware of the threat posed by former loanees Joe Mason and Adam Le Fondre, with the former set to make his debut after joining Wolves as a replacement for Premier League bound Benik Afobe.

TEAM NEWS
Emile Heskey and Neil Danns could both come back into contention after recently returning to first training following their respective injuries.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

However, the trip to Molineux comes too soon for Zach Clough (hip), while captain Darren Pratley is also doubtful (back).

Elsewhere, Max Clayton and David Wheater (both hamstring) remain long-term absentees.

LAST TIME OUT
Wanderers secured a comfortable victory over MK Dons in their last league outing, clinching a 3-1 win at Macron Stadium including a farewell strike from Shola Ameobi.

LAST WOLVES XI (v Queens Park Rangers, D1-1)
Ikeme, Doherty, Batth, Iorfa, Ebanks-Landell, Edwards (Saville 82), Henry, McDonald, Coady, van La Parra, Le Fondre.

ONE TO WATCH
Having joined Wolves as a replacement for Benik Afobe following his move to Premier League AFC Bournemouth last month, Joe Mason could be in line for his debut at Molineux on Tuesday night, partnering another familiar face in the form of Adam Le Fondre.

The former Wanderers loanee enjoyed three loan stints at Macron Stadium from parent club Cardiff City, scoring ten goals from 30 appearances, including a memorable hat-trick against Rotherham United, before injury saw his season-long loan last year cut short.

After starting the season brightly in South Wales with six goals for the Bluebirds, the former Republic of Ireland youth international finally moved to Molineux having seen Kenny Jackett initially fail to land the forward back in the summer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 11:15

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Job done, Heskey's fit again we need not worry. :bomb:

29Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 12:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If Amos remembers to put gloves on instead of lube, we might squeeze a 0-0 draw.

30Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 13:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking back at the home game v Wolves it was noticeable that whilst Madine "played", all the havoc was caused by Wellington, Feeney and Clough. Even the route one first goal bypassed Madine and was latched on to by Feeney. I know I've been banging on about it all season but I still don't understand why Lennon isn't dispensing with the big lump up front and playing with quick midgets.
Wellie, Feeney, Woollery and Clayton or Clough when not on a sickie would score loads IMO and it would allow for 2 holding mids.

Drop the dead donkey and we'd survive IMO. Lennon should at least try it out for a few games.

31Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 13:27

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hoping for the upset as per usual..... sooner or later we will get a 90th minute penalty and nick a bloody game.  Other than that can't us getting anything out of the game.

32Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 13:40

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

All together now...

There's a party going on right here
Heskey's better, he's got the all clear
So bring your good times and your laughter too
We're gonna celebrate Heskey's all clear with you.

33Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 13:41

Numpty 28723 wrote:All together now...

There's a party going on right here
Heskey's better, he's got the all clear
So bring your good times and your laughter too
We're gonna celebrate Heskey's all clear with you.
:rofl:

34Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 17:21

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Those lyrics would put Lennon/McCartney to shame. 

:toppoints:

35Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 17:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Woolery starts

36Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 17:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see us coming away with anything, I'd be very surprised if we come away with a point.

Resume normal jogging.

37Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 18:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amos, Moxey, Dervite, Vela, Feeney, Spearing, Davies, Trotter, Silva, Woolery, Holding.

Subs - Rachubka, Osede, Heskey, Dobbie, Twardzik, Wilson, Walker

38Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 18:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WOLVES TEAM | Ikeme; Iorfa, Batth (c), Ebanks-Landell, Doherty; McDonald, Coady, van La Parra, Mason, Rowe; Sigurdarson.

39Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 18:56

Fair play to Lennon, tried something new and playing Woolery in his favoured position. Pratley injured?

40Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Tue Feb 02 2016, 19:02

Is vela playing rb and holding at cb?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum