Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wolves 2-2 Bolton

+19
scottjames30
Jack Russell
Numpty 28723
terenceanne
doffcocker
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
observer
wanderlust
boltonbonce
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Lever ender
luckyPeterpiper
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
gloswhite
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 06:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I can't see us coming away with anything, I'd be very surprised if we come away with a point.

Resume normal jogging.

They did better than I thought they would do.

62Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 10:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Delighted Lennon finally had the balls to mix up the team and start with pace instead of a target man. Woollery ran around a lot but TBF we only scored towards the end after he'd been subbed, but he did a lot of the groundwork and we were unlucky to be behind anyway. Mixed results as experiments go I reckon - but it was very important that he did it. 
Now there's real competition for places and opposition teams have something different to think about. More of that please Neil - I don't really want to see Madine again until he's begging for a game.

63Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 11:13

Were you at the game Lust?  How does Woolery look in terms of his physique? Do you reckon he could lead the line long term or is he one of those who will get shunted onto the wing?

64Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 11:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brilliant result. Credit those lads for a change.

65Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 12:14

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Unreal, I logged off portal just after Leeds went 2 up and before I knew it we were level. Am I the new breadman? Is having me in chatbox ruining our chances? Perhaps I'll stay off it for the next game and see how we do without me there. If we win then all the nutters get a rest from my in-match posts which I'm sure will be a great relief to you all. Smile

66Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 12:45

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Leeds Peter? What game were you following?

67Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 12:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JAH wrote:Leeds Peter? What game were you following?
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Oops. Meant Wolves of course. I dunno why I've got Leeds on the brain atm except that I was thinking how similar our current status is to theirs about ten years ago.

68Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 13:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good work lads...... apparently we were the best team over the 90 minutes and the stats back that up. Surprising to say the least....now same again on Saturday if you please.

69Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 13:31

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
JAH wrote:Leeds Peter? What game were you following?
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Oops. Meant Wolves of course. I dunno why I've got Leeds on the brain atm except that I was thinking how similar our current status is to theirs about ten years ago.
I hope it isn't me you have on the brain Peter because I'll get a little worried. Haha!

70Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 14:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Were you at the game Lust?  How does Woolery look in terms of his physique? Do you reckon he could lead the line long term or is he one of those who will get shunted onto the wing?
I wasn't 74 (no surprise there:)) but my mates were telling me that he's a long way from the finished article and was pretty anonymous last night but they felt that was largely down to the tactics. Having finally got some pace up front, Lennon seemed to have instructed the midfield to build up slowly from the back - which gave us plenty of possession but nothing for Woollery to chase down or run on to.

The irony was that Woollery and Feeney's pace kept Wolves from venturing forward in numbers but even so there was space behind the defence that could have been exploited. In that sense, starting Woollery worked but if we are going to exploit his and Feeney's pace fully we need to be willing to play it out a lot quicker like Leicester do for Mahrez and Vardy. Maybe they'll be a bit more adventurous when we're at home?

Mates' verdict was that Woollery (or Clayton when fit) is a viable central alternative to playing a target man and it could be even better if the midfielders got their heads up a bit more often and looked for defence-splitting passes and support arrived quickly.

Physique-wise he's a lot smaller than say Madine but not quite as scrawny as Clough so he's never going to be a bruiser but personally I don't think that's an issue - he's bigger than Sergio Aguero, Messi and Silva for example.

Mates also said that Spearing was excellent and for a change his passing was controlled and accurate.

71Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 14:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Were you at the game Lust?  

lol!

72Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 14:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Were you at the game Lust?  

lol!
Just logged in to see if you could resist.

lol!

I should have known better.

73Wolves 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-2 Bolton Wed Feb 03 2016, 14:56

369 - 5.

Four overs still to go.

400's on here.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum