Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Rotherham

+17
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
boltonbonce
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Lever ender
Banks of the Croal
Leeds_Trotter
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:40

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A real 6 pointer, win this and we can start to believe, lose and it's back to square one and probably relegated. I'm going for a draw.

1-1

2Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a big game. We don't win big games. It'll be a narrow defeat with Rotherham scoring from their one shot on target. Doffcocker will blame Amos.

3Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Stuart Attwell to run the rule over Rotherham clash

Stuart Attwell will oversee Bolton Wanderers' Sky Bet Championship clash with Rotherham United on Saturday.

A seasoned official in the game having figured prominently in both the Premier League and Football League since 2007, Attwell will be taking charge of a Whites match for the 12th time in his career this weekend.

Having run the rule over two Bolton matches already this campaign, the Warwickshire based official returns to Macron Stadium having officiated the Trotters 0-0 draw with Bristol City back in November, while he was also the man in the middle for Wanderers' away defeat to MK Dons in August.

Attwell has taken charge of 30 games so far this season, the most recent being Manchester City's victory over Sunderland in midweek, dishing out 83 yellow cards and three red cards.

Marc Edwards and Joseph Johnson will run the line while Eddie Ilderton is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:55

6-0 Bolton.  Woolery hat trick, holding, trotter and Silva

5Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Thu Feb 04 2016, 13:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

2-1 Trotters. Pratley to score first. I think the comeback against Wolves will have given the lads a major psychological boost. The fact is we're performing better now than we have at any time this season. Barring the result against Leeds we've had a pretty good 2016 so far. I know it's probably too little too late but the way the lads fought back against Wolves was a very positive sign for me.

6Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Thu Feb 04 2016, 14:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My worry is that Lennon will drop Woolery, reinstate Madine and go back to hoofball instead of  scaring them with pace and playing them off the park like we did against Wolves.

Never thought I'd say this but Spearing deserves to keep his place.

Interesting that even the BN is billing this as a "must win" game but I suppose that's fair enough as we're starting to run out of opportunities to claw our way back.

7Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Thu Feb 04 2016, 15:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This really is a must win game for us, can we do it? Probably not!

I bet we could get a draw at best so my prediction is Bolton 1-1 Rotherham.

8Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Thu Feb 04 2016, 16:12

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

luckyPeterpiper wrote: I think the comeback against Wolves will have given the lads a major psychological boost. 
I thought the same thing when we beat MK Dons and then we went and put in an abysmal performance against Leeds. 

That being said, I think we'll just about win this one. 

2-1 Bolton.

9Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Thu Feb 04 2016, 20:50

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We have to go for this and be positive from the start. I would play Madine and Clough or Woolery from the start, with width from Feeney and Silva we could really stretch Rotherham, who will turn this into a scrap if we let them.

10Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Thu Feb 04 2016, 21:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scrappy 1-0 win. Feeney in the 74th minute

11Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Fri Feb 05 2016, 05:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rotherham have good players, they'll be more up for it.

We'll get a good hiding 3-0.

12Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Fri Feb 05 2016, 07:39

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

2-1 to them.

13Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Fri Feb 05 2016, 08:03

3~0 Davies to score first and Wellington to score 2.

14Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Fri Feb 05 2016, 11:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Media view: Local reporter insight on Rotherham

Paul Davis, Rotherham United writer for The Sheffield Star, speaks to bwfc.co.uk to preview the weekend’s game against the Millers at Macron Stadium.

BWFC: What kind of form will Rotherham arrive at Macron Stadium in this weekend?

PD: The Millers will be better today than they were last time out (lost 1-4 at home against Charlton) because they couldn't be much worse! They have played well for the last few weeks, and their home form has been excellent, but the Charlton match was a collective off-day. During Neil Redfearn's reign they have usually managed to put a poor display straight behind them so hopefully that’ll be the case this weekend.

BWFC: How has Neil Redfearn settled into his role at Rotherham?

PD: The Millers lost five of Neil’s first six matches in charge, so, heading into the November international break, there was plenty of pressure to improve results. Since then, Rotherham have won five times - including victories over Hull and Brighton - and have climbed out of the bottom three. They're a squad who can handle a battle.

BWFC: How would you summarise Rotherham’s January transfer business?

PD: They have certainly strengthened during the January transfer window. Chris Burke and Andrew Shinnie bring genuine Championship class and experience and Luciano Becchio, if he can hit the form of his Leeds days, will be a huge signing. Chris already has his first goal, while Andrew was the Millers' best player in a half-hour cameo when he made his debut as a second-half substitute last week. Luciano hasn't quite reached full match fitness yet but his form in training and practice games suggests the goal touch is still there.

BWFC: What are you expecting of Bolton today?

PD: When the two sides met on Boxing Day, the second half was great to watch if you were a Millers fan as Rotherham ran in four goals, but the first half had been really competitive. Bolton have some good players and you can only admire the way they have applied themselves given the off-field problems. I don't think they're an easy touch by any means. Sometimes teams really bond in adversity. I don't think anyone from Rotherham is expecting an easy game.

BWFC: And finally, a score prediction for this afternoon?

PD: I never back against the Millers. I think Bolton have a reasonable record at home, given the circumstances, and I think Rotherham, at their best, can give most teams in this division a game. I hope I'm driving home working out how best to describe an exciting away win.

15Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Fri Feb 05 2016, 11:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steve Walford on Rotherham United:

16Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Fri Feb 05 2016, 13:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Rotherham United

SETTING THE SCENE
Bolton Wanderers host Rotherham United in their latest Sky Bet Championship clash at Macron Stadium on Saturday.

The Whites come into the game having come from behind to secure a late draw away at Wolves in midweek, while they were victorious in their last league match at BL6 as they recorded a 3-1 victory over MK Dons.

This weekend’s match marks only the fourth occasion Bolton and Rotherham have clashed since the early nineties, with the Trotters winning the only ever meeting between the two sides at Macron Stadium – last season’s 3-2 victory courtesy of loanee Joe Mason’s hat-trick.

Predominantly poor travellers, Rotherham having picked up just a point from their last six away games, with their last win on the road coming back in November.

After last week’s heavy 4-1 home defeat to Charlton Athletic, the Millers have lost more games this season than any other side (18), while they currently find themselves outside the Championship relegation zone on goal difference alone as a result.

And with Wanderers currently hot on their tails, both sides will be well aware of how vital three points could be to their survival hopes come the end of the season. 

TEAM NEWS
Captain Darren Pratley and Gary Madine could both return after missing Tuesday night’s draw with Wolves because of injury.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

However, Saturday’s game against Rotherham comes too soon for Zach Clough (hip) while Neil Danns (stomach) remains doubtful.

Elsewhere, Max Clayton and David Wheater (both hamstring) remain long-term absentees.

LAST TIME OUT
Wanderers came from behind to claim a dramatic point away at Wolves in their last league outing, recovering a two-goal deficit to clinch a share of the spoils with two late goals at Molineux.

LAST ROTHERHAM UNITED XI (v Charlton Athletic, L1-4)
Camp, Mattock, Broadfoot, Rawson, Facey, Green (Becchio 45), Burke (Shinnie 59), G.Ward, Newell (Clarke-Harris 59), Smallwood, D.Ward.

ONE TO WATCH
Having marked his Rotherham home debut with a goal last weekend against Charlton Athletic, winger Chris Burke could prove to be a key acquisition in Neil Redfearn’s side’s bid to secure Championship survival.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Scotland international joined the Millers on loan from Nottingham Forest last month having found his first team opportunities limited, and boasts a plethora of experience in the second tier having also enjoyed successful stints with both Cardiff City and Birmingham City.

Making his name with Rangers in the early-noughties, Burke enjoyed plenty of Old Firm battles against Celtic and Wanderers boss Neil Lennon prior to his move south of the border, while he scored a brace last season when Bolton lost away at Forest.

FLASHBACK
Loanee Joe Mason became the first Wanderers player to score a hat-trick since 2002 as the Whites came out on top late on in a five-goal thriller the last time Rotherham visited Macron Stadium.

17Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Sat Feb 06 2016, 06:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We better not screw this opportunity up. Come on Bolton

18Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Sat Feb 06 2016, 09:33

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Massive game today. Win and we have a chance, lose and we're almost certainly relegated. The players must know how important it is not to lose today so they should be fired up and ready to go. In short, what Boggers said. COYWM!!

19Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Sat Feb 06 2016, 11:32

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

2-1 Bolton win ... Feeney.

Must win game and all that.

20Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Rotherham Sat Feb 06 2016, 11:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I woke up in a positive mood this morning so I'm now going for a 2-1 win to the Trotters!

:COYW:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum