Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knight likely to stay on - ILES

+6
rammywhite
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Knight likely to stay on - ILES - Page 2 Empty Re: Knight likely to stay on - ILES Tue Jun 19 2012, 10:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Fulham away. I don't see why fans are bothered by things like that, footballers have a tendency to be friends with their ex-colleagues before and after the whistle.

Honestly Largehat, on one hand you seem as committed to BWFC as anyone I've ever met, but on the other hand you make comments like this that make me so angry.

I just don't understand how you can accept players laughing and joking after the game if we've taken (another) beating.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned but I want to see players angry and upset when they've lost, not laughing as though it's "just another day at the office".

I can guarantee you Nat Lofthouse and John McGinlay would never have been happy to lose.

22Knight likely to stay on - ILES - Page 2 Empty Re: Knight likely to stay on - ILES Tue Jun 19 2012, 10:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's not something that warms my heart, but who cares what goes on after the game? If he'd done it going off at half time 2-0 down it would be a different issue for me. When the final whistle goes, the game is lost. Clearly him having a joke with an old team mate after the final whistle is not equal to being happy to lose.

23Knight likely to stay on - ILES - Page 2 Empty Re: Knight likely to stay on - ILES Tue Jun 19 2012, 10:47

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well no because it shows he clearly isn't upset by losing when he should be seething about it, if he doesn't care directly after the match then he isn't going to care in training and put in that extra effort, and he certainly isn't going to care come the next match.

If you don't care then you have no determination and no concentration come the match, and thats pretty clear with Zat.

I honestly think I get more angry after losing a game of fifa than he doesn't after a loss for Bolton.

24Knight likely to stay on - ILES - Page 2 Empty Re: Knight likely to stay on - ILES Tue Jun 19 2012, 11:20

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I just disagree. I don't think it shows that he doesn't care about losing. Maybe someone said something funny to him and his natural reaction was to laugh.

Natasha mentioned John McGinlay and Nat Lofthouse. Well I never saw Nat Lofthouse play, but with regards to McGinlay, I don't think it's realistic to judge all future players by McGinlay's passion for the club, which was exceptional. It's the main reason he is remembered more fondly than Andy Walker, who was arguably a better player from the same era.

But McGinlay was a pisshead, which everyone would have been all over if he was shit.

Ultimately all people are bothered about is how well a player plays. If he is perceived not to be playing well, they look for faults, and it's exactly the same with Knight having a laugh with a former team mate after the game at Fulham last season. It's only a problem because we lost, and he didn't play well.

25Knight likely to stay on - ILES - Page 2 Empty Re: Knight likely to stay on - ILES Tue Jun 19 2012, 11:55

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

largehat wrote: It's only a problem because we lost, and he didn't play well.

Well yeh exactly, he doesn't play well, usually because he loses concentration, because he isn't interested.

The reason only people who play badly are targeted is because its likely the reason why they are so poor. So Knight does deserve to be criticised.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum