Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The New Top Gear

+11
BoltonTillIDie
okocha
luckyPeterpiper
Lard Lad
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Numpty 28723
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The New Top Gear Empty The New Top Gear Mon Apr 25 2016, 14:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anybody waiting on the edge of their seats for it?

I can't say I'm a car nerd nor even a big Top Gear fan but I did like the humour of Clarkson and thought their 'special's' quite entertaining.

I'm not a big Chris Evans fan, nor even liked 'Friends' at all, so the signing up of Matt LeBlanc and the pairing them as I assume the 'funny guys' of the new line up did not inspire me at all.

I've just watched the preview clip for the new series (link below) and my suspicions so far seem to be spot on - LeBlanc doing some unfunny and frankly childish slapstick trying to get into a car.

It's unfair to judge from just a minutes clip but I fear the worst.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03r3txq/preview-top-gear-trailer

2The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon Apr 25 2016, 14:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It will never be as good as clarkson and his crew. Can't wait for their new show on Amazon.

3The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon Apr 25 2016, 15:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not into cars,so I won't be watching.

Even if I was,Evans would be the reason I gave it a miss.

4The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon Apr 25 2016, 16:08

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:Not into cars,so I won't be watching.

Even if I was,Evans would be the reason I gave it a miss.
Include me out also. Never understood the cult of Clarkson and his cronies and if there's a more annoying twat on TV than Chris Evans I've yet to see him.

5The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon Apr 25 2016, 16:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Evans is an arsehole. Years ago, (about 17), about 0830 in the car park of Sainsbury's in Taunton, he and his female friend Danni Beare (?) were shouting to each other like children, making sure the 4 or so people present knew that 'famous'  people were there. Attention seeking pricks, the pair of them, and then they carried on in the restaurant. Fucking obnoxious gits.

6The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon Apr 25 2016, 17:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Evans once read my letter out on the Big Breakfast during the Zig & Zag spot.

Legend.

7The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon Apr 25 2016, 17:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Evans is an arsehole. 
Almost agree, he is a car loving obnoxious arsehole.

8The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Tue Apr 26 2016, 10:41

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Chris Evans went into a large record store with a friend and went behind a counter and hid under it and would not come out.

9The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Tue Apr 26 2016, 12:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Should have locked the tosser in there.

10The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Wed Apr 27 2016, 00:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm underwhelmed by the trailer I've seen. To be honest about the only one of the new presenters with any credibility at all for me is Sabine Schmidt, the German race driver. Matt Le Blanc and Chris Evans are nowhere near as funny as they think they are (they actually make ME look witty affraid ) and there's just no way I can see them recreating the 'chemistry' (for want of a better word) that made TG fun when it was Clarkson, May and Hammond. Personally I thought even they had run out of steam by the end and won't be all that hyped about their show on Amazon but as to 'new' Top Gear? I'm probably going to give it a swerve.

11The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon May 30 2016, 00:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What a bag of shite.

I suffered it for about half an hour before I could not take anymore.

Did anybody actually like it?

12The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon May 30 2016, 00:03

Yes.

Please don't automatically brand me a wum for opposing your opinion.

13The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon May 30 2016, 00:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not at all as I did say in my opening paragraph that I wasn't a big car fan.

It just wasn't at all funny to me - which really was all I used to watch it for.

If it ticks the boxes for you car fans then it probably is a good show.

Not my cup of tea though.

14The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon May 30 2016, 00:14

I loved it. I like chris Evans. Listen to his breakfast show quite a lot and i think joey (he'll always be joey) was actually not as bad as i thought he would be.  Only caught the last half hour as i forgot it was on but have now set a series link

15The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon May 30 2016, 00:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:I loved it. I like chris Evans. Listen to his breakfast show quite a lot and i think joey (he'll always be joey) was actually not as bad as i thought he would be.  Only caught the last half hour as i forgot it was on but have now set a series link

Watch what you missed here Johnny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07dwp1f/top-gear-series-23-episode-1

16The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon May 30 2016, 00:20

Sluffy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:I loved it. I like chris Evans. Listen to his breakfast show quite a lot and i think joey (he'll always be joey) was actually not as bad as i thought he would be.  Only caught the last half hour as i forgot it was on but have now set a series link

Watch what you missed here Johnny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07dwp1f/top-gear-series-23-episode-1
Cheers sluffy. I only said i like it so people see us disagree Wink

(I am joking, i did genuinely like it)

17The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon May 30 2016, 00:40

They kept 95% of what made Top Gear work, with more than the odd nodding glance to the "elephant in the room" and it worked well.

If they'd changed it too much, it wouldn't have worked and it would've given Clarkson an open goal to criticise it on social media (where he lives now after the Beeb binned him.)

Matt Le Blanc's got an easy charm that works well and Evans is THE consummate TV professional who knows what the public wants.

I'm looking forward to Chris Harris' input because I've been a fan of his YouTube vids for a while and he comes across as a good bloke.

And that Sabine woman from Germany once made Clarkson puke after a lap in the passenger seat and he then refused to get in a car with her, so she's great in my book.

Overall - 8/10.

Will be watching next week.

18The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon May 30 2016, 08:49

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Evans is harmless but a bit of a loud-mouth. 

Clarkson is a nasty, sneering bigot, full of his own self-importance......perhaps a product of his background?? His "humour" is often cruel and unfeeling....and occasionally racist.

LeBlanc was good in Friends, and seems pleasant enough without being a natural wit or comic.

I can't watch programmes or interviews with people like Clarkson in them; they make my flesh creep. Jonathan Ross, Katie Hopkins, Russell Brand etc. Even Ian Hislop's satire gets tiresome after a while:- is there anybody he actually likes and approves of?

19The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon May 30 2016, 09:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

By contrast with the Clarksons of this world, fellow-Boltonian, Sir Philip Craven, President of the International Paralympic Committee, came across as a wonderful man when being interviewed on BBC Breakfast this morning. He broke his back in a climbing accident off Scout Road while he was still at school, but has overcome adversity to achieve something special in his life. Now, there IS someone to be admired for all the right reasons.

20The New Top Gear Empty Re: The New Top Gear Mon May 30 2016, 10:32

Matt Le Blanc sounded like he was narrating a nature documentary when he was doing the talkovers.

Why were 2 of the challenges "go as fast as you can and not get captured by camera/laser sighter?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum