Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear

+5
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 15:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Chris Evans has resigned from the new revamped version of Top Gear.

The BBC presenter announced the news on Twitter this afternoon.

It emerged on Sunday he was facing a police probe following historic accusations of sexual assualt.

More to follow

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1388202/chris-evans-resigns-from-bbc-motoring-show-top-gear/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-TheSunNewspaper-_-20160704-_-News-_-508487950

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon Jul 04 2016, 20:55; edited 2 times in total

2Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 15:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BBC TV and radio presenter Chris Evans has announced he is stepping down from Top Gear.

He tweeted: "Stepping down from Top Gear. Gave it my best shot but sometimes that's not enough."

"The team are beyond brilliant, I wish them all the best," he added.

He said he would continue with his other BBC commitments, including presenting the BBC Radio 2 breakfast show.

"Full steam ahead then with Radio 2, CarFest, Children In Need, 500 Words and whatever else we can dream up in the future," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

3Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 15:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it doesn't mention anything about child sex, think you need to change it Sluffy

4Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 15:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Evans has never been accused of "child sex" that's a shocking thing to make up

5Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 15:46

The one in the sun does. Hippie it isn't true. I like chris Evans abs think his radio show is great. Think they just need to bin to gear altogether. The last three idiots made it a caricature of a car show which a lot of people liked.  Not me.

6Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 15:48

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:The one in the sun does. Hippie it isn't true. I like chris Evans abs think his radio show is great. Think they just need to bin to gear altogether. The last three idiots made it a caricature of a car show which a lot of people liked.  Not me.
It doesn't it says sexual assault no mention of children or underage

7Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 15:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:The one in the sun does. Hippie it isn't true. I like chris Evans abs think his radio show is great. Think they just need to bin to gear altogether. The last three idiots made it a caricature of a car show which a lot of people liked.  Not me.

It doesn't mention anything about children.

8Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 15:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:it doesn't mention anything about child sex, think you need to change it Sluffy

Boggersbelief wrote:Chris Evans has never been accused of "child sex" that's a shocking thing to make up

Apologies to all, he is facing a sex probe not a 'child' sex probe.

Title amended.

Thanks for bringing the error to my attention so quickly.

9Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 15:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know a lot of people don't like him and he does have a reputation of being rude and a control freak but i actually like his radio 2 show, not a car driver so have no interest in Top Gear.

He seems to be getting it in the neck from all sides at the moment

10Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:00

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:I know a lot of people don't like him and he does have a reputation of being rude and a control freak but i actually like his radio 2 show, not a car driver so have no interest in Top Gear.

He seems to be getting it in the neck from all sides at the moment
He's a prick that's why IMO I should add,

11Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think a lot of people feel the same WGO  Very Happy

12Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:11

I dont think he is a bellend.  And although child allegations are worse it's still not good news is it.

13Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:22

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

While I maintain my position on him being a prick, that's based on his presenting. With the regards to the sexual assault probe these are becoming increasingly common place against celebrities and many of them are proved to be baseless. I'm not saying that's the case but high profile people do make easy targets.

14Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Top bloke. He read my letter out on the Big Breakfast Zig & Zag slot once. Then I met him a few years later. Very friendly and down to earth.

15Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:34

Tfi friday
Big breakfast
And now radio 2.

Hes my brucie Smile

16Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Top bloke. He read my letter out on the Big Breakfast Zig & Zag slot once. Then I met him a few years later. Very friendly and down to earth.

I'm sure you said the same about Jimmy Saville

17Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:35

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Top bloke. He read my letter out on the Big Breakfast Zig & Zag slot once. Then I met him a few years later. Very friendly and down to earth.
Is it you the sex probe relates to, are they probing what sex you are.
Good to hear you were on The Big Breakfast, you've got a Jim Fixed It For Me Badge too haven't you.

18Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

I'm sure I didn't.

19Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:36

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:

Very Happy snap

20Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:36

whatsgoingon wrote:While I maintain my position on him being a prick, that's based on his presenting. With the regards to the sexual assault probe these are becoming increasingly common place against celebrities and many of them are proved to be baseless. I'm not saying that's the case but high profile people do make easy targets.

That's where I am with it.

There's even a new classification of offence to capture all this bollocks: "Non Recent Sexual Assault".

That sounds like an excuse to make up what you like and sling some shit in my opinion.

Would the plod and the CPS be interested if he wasn't famous?

No, probably not.

It's absolutely right that Savile was investigated (albeit too late in the end but that's another discussion altogether) but a lot of the fall-out's been unsavoury and smacks of the BBC trying desperately to atone for ignoring the fact that they knew that JS was a nonce for years but failed to tackle him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum