Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Live Blog - Phil Parkinson Press

+8
boltonbonce
terenceanne
whatsgoingon
Barryjw
karlypants
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Said he's looked at the players over the last few days so presumably he will have formed an opinion about Holding. It'll be interesting to see if he fights to keep the lad.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Another interesting side bar is any references to the club or talks or even moving forward were not made about the "owners" or any mention of DH it was all about Ken.
Just stuck out to me as we are joint owned the diplomatic thing would have been to refer to the owners rather than just one of them all the time even if he's the one you spoke too.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Put the thickest twat in football in front of a mic and camera for the first time at a new club, he's bound to say at least one thing that's refreshing and gets the fans behind him a bit.

"...wonderful opportunity...fantastic club...big club...bring back the winning mentality...give the fans something to cheer about because they're fantastic."

Yes, yes, yes, heard it all before.

I couldn't give a shit about these opening press conferences basically, but it is nice to see it all finally made official.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

megson got a lot of fans behind him

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:megson got a lot of fans behind him
He managed to shake them off at the station. Smile

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Belated blog details.

The only thing other than what we already know is we have a 'board' - anybody know who is on it now?

2:50pm

Very clear that it was Parky's decision to go

2:47pm

Backroom staff?

"Steve Parkin has agreed his deal: Lee Butler and Nick Allamby also coming on board."

2:44pm

Why Bolton?

"The challenge appealed to me. I've sat down with the board, looking at everything and feel it's ready to go back forward again."

2:42pm

Want to implement the discipline and standards we created at Bradford City

2:42pm

"Last few days when I've been away spent a lot of time looking at the (Bolton) players and what would be needed if I got the chance to speak to (chairman) Ken (Anderson)"

2:41pm

"When I met the board yesterday, they've got a clear direction to progress Bolton to back to where it was"

2:40pm

On City fans: "Thank everyone of them, not often as manager stay so long. Had great journey there, some terrific memories, they stayed right with us when times were tough - they deserved good times that followed."

2:39pm

"Success for me is getting pride back in the performances to get supporters right behind us" .... Said the same things when he came to Valley Parade

2:38pm

Wants to attract players top end of this division...

2:38pm

Parky said he was told compensation had been agreed after landing from his flight yesterday

2:37pm

New owners been very reasonable and haven't for one minute pushed me out the door

2:36pm

"I would like to thank all the supporters and everyone behind the scenes for incredible backing."

2:36pm

"Very tough call to leave Bradford. I just felt that I wanted a fresh challenge and this came about and really excited me."

2:34pm

Clubs agreed compensation package yesterday

I knew of an interest over the last few weeks through my agent

PP: It's all been done very professionally and I'm pleased to be here."

2:33pm

It's started

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

"The challenge appealed to me. I've sat down with the board, looking at everything and feel it's ready to go back forward again." 

I picked up on that comment, I think he meant the ST steering committee
:bomb:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum