Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What now for UKIP?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What now for UKIP? Empty What now for UKIP? Fri Jun 24 2016, 19:21

Their whole raison d'etre (can I still say that now that we've fucked Europe off?) has always been to seek elected office on a platform based around trying to get us to leave the EU.

And now it's happened.

So where does that leave them?

They're a bit redundant and pointless now, surely?

But for the first time ever, Nige has got a win under his belt, so I can't see him quietly retiring to his holiday home somewhere in St Tropez to spend his days sipping Chablis mit die schone Kirsten.

(Sorry, I can't do umlauts because I've got a good, solid, British keyboard.)

What's the chances that they'll morph into a new party to try and exploit their recent gains and fill the void left by the implosion of the mainstream parties?

This could herald the rise of the far right as serious political players in this country.

We used to scoff at the Italians and the French with their pseudo-fascist loonies running around their parliaments, punching each other and shouting but could it now happen here?

Or am I just being dramatic after a bad day....?

2What now for UKIP? Empty Re: What now for UKIP? Fri Jun 24 2016, 19:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What now for UKIP? Nigel-farage-hitler

3What now for UKIP? Empty Re: What now for UKIP? Fri Jun 24 2016, 20:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Coalition government with a Boris led Tory party?

4What now for UKIP? Empty Re: What now for UKIP? Fri Jun 24 2016, 20:19

xmiles wrote:Coalition government with a Boris led Tory party?

Jesus......don't even joke about that.

"Nige! The Russians are being beastly. What shall I do?"

"Er, hang on.....dunno. Have you tried phoning Donald and The Cousins?"

5What now for UKIP? Empty Re: What now for UKIP? Fri Jun 24 2016, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just to be pedantic, UKIP (including of course Farage) have only ONE parliamentary seats and thus could not enter into a meaningful national coalition even if both sides wanted to.

I suspect the more genuine UKIP members will return again to the Conservative party from which most of them originated and the remaining oddballs will spend more of their time ranting about something or other before joining Manda and Chris at the Lib Dems.

6What now for UKIP? Empty Re: What now for UKIP? Fri Jun 24 2016, 23:41

Nobody's talking about a coalition in this parliament.

It's at the next GE that the fun will start, when all the disaffected masses who voted Leave, revelling in their new found power, decide to eschew a morning with Kyle in favour of rounding up the kids / grandkids and associated hangers-on and corral them down to the Polling Station before they go and stock up on Chicken Dippers at Iceland.

If UKIP are still a political presence at that point, who do you think these people will vote for?

It won't be the mainstream parties because they don't trust them.

Yesterday was a perceived vote for direct action, so this lot will remember that and (erroneously) believe that being a fully paid up Kipper means that you can get shit done and make "stuff" better.

With less Eastern Europeans taking up all that lovely benefit money to boot. Woo-Hoo! What's not to love?

And let's be honest, it's not as if Farage is above telling outright lies to blag the electorate, is it?

"We will put the £350 million we currently give the EU every week directly into the NHS if you vote Leave" was emblazoned on their buses throughout the campaign.

Les than five fucking hours after the results came in, the cunt was on telly saying that was a mistake.

If you sold a brand of shampoo that made outrageous claims about it making your hair grow back which subsequently you retracted because they were bollocks, you'd get fucked.

(Thanks to EU legislation on false advertising, by the way.)

But that won't matter because it's all about soundbites and cheap lines which stick.

And why would the lunatic fringe join the LibDems?

They're the least obnoxious party of the lot coming out of this mess, so why would they be the party of choice for your average nutter?

Last edited by Breadman on Fri Jun 24 2016, 23:45; edited 1 time in total

7What now for UKIP? Empty Re: What now for UKIP? Fri Jun 24 2016, 23:44

Breadman wrote:Nobody's talking about a coalition in this parliament.

It's at the next GE that the fun will start, when all the disaffected masses who voted Leave, revelling in their new found power, decide to eschew a morning with Kyle in favour of rounding up the kids / grandkids and associated hangers-on and corral them down to the Polling Station before they go and stock up on Chicken Dippers at Iceland.

If UKIP are still a political presence at that point, who do you think these people will vote for?

It won't be the mainstream parties because they don't trust them.

Yesterday was a perceived vote for direct action, so this lot will remember that and (erroneously) believe that being a fully paid up Kipper means that you can get shit done and make "stuff" better.

With less Eastern Europeans taking up all that lovely benefit money to boot. Woo-Hoo! What's not to love?

And let's be honest, it's not as if Farage is above telling outright lies to blag the electorate, is it?

"We will put the £350 million we currently give the EU every week directly into the NHS if you vote Leave" was emblazoned on their buses throughout the campaign.

Les than five fucking hours after the results came in, the cunt was on telly saying that was a mistake.

But that won't matter because it's all about soundbites and cheap lines which stick.

And why would the lunatic fringe join the LibDems?

They're the least obnoxious party of the lot coming out of this mess, so why would they be the party of choice for your average nutter?

Why the hell would dean ambrose join a british political party when he is the wwe champion?

8What now for UKIP? Empty Re: What now for UKIP? Fri Jun 24 2016, 23:48

Nope.

Tried.

Even Googled Dean Ambrose and re-read what I'd written but I've still no idea what you're on about.

How many Pepsi Maxes have you had?

Or was it The Buttons?

9What now for UKIP? Empty Re: What now for UKIP? Fri Jun 24 2016, 23:54

Breadman wrote:Nope.

Tried.

Even Googled Dean Ambrose  and re-read what I'd written but I've still no idea what you're on about.

How many Pepsi Maxes have you had?

Or was it The Buttons?
Dairy milk tonight Smile

But no, dean ambrose is called the lunatic fringe and is the current (and rightfully so) wwe champion.

Welcome to the asylum

10What now for UKIP? Empty Re: What now for UKIP? Fri Jun 24 2016, 23:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:And why would the lunatic fringe join the LibDems?

That was supposed to be a joke to lighten the mood a little bit.

Sorry.

12What now for UKIP? Empty Re: What now for UKIP? Sat Jun 25 2016, 00:17

Sorry guys.

Missed your attempts at levity because I'm still in full-on serious "what the fuck will this mean?" mode.

And it's Friday and I'm "with drink".

I always get pissed off when the Tories get in but this feels different.

And dangerous......

Do we think Boris & Michael will give a shit about the north when they desperately try and salvage some sort of relationship with the EU?

It'll all be about London and The City, so we'll be treated like the ginger step kid.

And that's my plans to retire to Spain in 5 years fucked......

13What now for UKIP? Empty Re: What now for UKIP? Sat Jun 25 2016, 03:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Sorry guys.

Missed your attempts at levity because I'm still in full-on serious "what the fuck will this mean?" mode.

And it's Friday and I'm "with drink".

I always get pissed off when the Tories get in but this feels different.

And dangerous......

Do we think Boris & Michael will give a shit about the north when they desperately try and salvage some sort of relationship with the EU?

It'll all be about London and The City, so we'll be treated like the ginger step kid.

And that's my plans to retire to Spain in 5 years fucked......
You're pissed?
It's f****** 3 AM and I want another....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum