Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone for Tennis ?

+4
yesbutno
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Anyone for Tennis ? Thu Jul 05 2012, 20:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big day for Murray tomorrow. If he can get past Tsonga he will be the first Brit to make the mens final for donkeys years.

I hope he does it. He has been unfortunate to play in the same era as Federer, Djokovic and Nadal.

2Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Thu Jul 05 2012, 20:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A few years ago, Murray was on a par with Djokovic, who is exactly a week younger, but Djokovic has upped his game incredibly where Murray hasn't in the slightest.

I've got a good feeling he'll win tomorrow. Tsonga is phenomenal at his best, but something tells me he won't be that tomorrow. Maybe the complacency of only having to play Murray as opposed to one of the top 3?

3Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Thu Jul 05 2012, 20:57

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I fancy him tomorrow to win but I can never see him winning Wimbeldon whilst Djokovic or Federer are around.

The nadal losing to that unknown was a one off and has worked in Murrays favour....Tsonga is a very good player though so it;s gonne be a tough one.

4Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Thu Jul 05 2012, 21:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Murray is an exceptional talent, it's just that the other three seem to be on a higher level. I still think Murray will win a Grand Slam.

5Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Thu Jul 05 2012, 21:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I just hope he realises in time for tomorrow that there's a time and a place for those fooking drop shots.

6Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 00:43

I had an each way bet on Tsonga to win Wimbledon at 16/1, hope he beats Murray tomorrow. Nothing to do with my bet just I really don't like him and don't get me started on his mum. Everytime I see her in the crowd I just want to punch the T.V.

7Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 08:22

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Andy Murry has to be the most charmless peron in sport. He is also quite ugly. There's not much he can about his face but he could try to be a more pleasant for the few minuets he is being interviewed. It doesn't bother me personally though as I switch off when he appears.

But this whole Wimbledon thing is just another London fest. All major sporting events take place in London as well as it being the centre of finance, arts and culture, parliament, legal, media, monarchy with the result that that's where the top paid jobs are to be found. I'm sure that I've missed a few other things London is the centre of but you get my point. The UK is the most centralised country in the world and every year gets more so.

8Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 09:39

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

London may think it has everything but it doesn't! It doesn't have the heritage which the North does. the inventor of the bouncing bomb, the Lancaster bomber, the worlds first "modern" compter (Little Baby), the worlds longest running television soap opera (Coronation Street), UK oldest purpose built television studios (Granada TV), all the advances made during the industrial revolution. And ultimately it doesn't have the best acccent in the world, ever - Boltonian accent, or neither is it classed as the most friendliest place in Britain!!!

Northern and proud of it :-)

9Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 10:10

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

OneOinCoyle wrote:I had an each way bet on Tsonga to win Wimbledon at 16/1, hope he beats Murray tomorrow. Nothing to do with my bet just I really don't like him and don't get me started on his mum. Everytime I see her in the crowd I just want to punch the T.V.

Scary. I bet he spent his childhood on the tennis court just to get away from it.
Anyone for Tennis ? AndyMurrayJudyTigerMum

10Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 10:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Judy Murray spends a lot of time on my dartboard too. If she were my mum, I wouldn't allow her to attend my matches.

Can you believe she's been made captain of the GB Fed Cup Women's Team?

11Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 10:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got to admit I'm not a Murray fan, I find his celebratory "roar" maddening.

12Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 11:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

COME OWIN!

13Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 11:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish I could play tennis half as well as he can.

14Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 11:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've never really understood all the Murray bashing that goes on, but admittedly, I don't follow tennis very closely.

15Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 11:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I've never really understood all the Murray bashing that goes on, but admittedly, I don't follow tennis very closely.

It's because he is Scottish. If he had been born south of the border he would be touted by all and sundry as the greatest English tennis player since Fred Perry.

16Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 11:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As you know i have a affinity for scots and i certainly haven't warmed to him.

17Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 11:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But would you say he is less unpopular in Scotland, Hipster?

18Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 11:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's popular up here, most people i chat to are right behind him. He also gets the lead stories on the news etc etc.

19Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 11:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is one of Scotland's biggest sporting superstars so I can't say I am surprised.

20Anyone for Tennis ? Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis ? Fri Jul 06 2012, 12:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I see Scots as being just the same as us. Nothing against them whatsoever. The reason Murray is so unpopular among many English people is how it's forever been rumoured he feels about representing GBR. Throw in the fact that he's not very warm or charismatic.

I used to be a Murray basher but I've since realised most tennis players aren't that likeable anyhow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum