Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where and when is it our turn?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where and when is it our turn? Empty Where and when is it our turn? Fri Jul 15 2016, 08:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just to put to bed any suggestions of this thread being in dreadful taste, this is not some terror attack predictions thread.
But let's face it, everybody's thinking the same thing. It's only a matter of time before they lay off France and the rest of Europe, and make a complete bloodbath of us somewhere, somehow. And you can't help thinking that when they do, it'll be more on the scale of 9/11 than any of the attacks seen on the continent over the last 12 months.
The only other question is where?

A football match? You could do just as much damage in a place like that as you could on a plane, maybe even more. Should there actually be some sort of airport style customs type exercise at the turnstile now?

The Trafford Centre or a similar type shopping outlet? I think most people are a bit nervous going anywhere like this now.

Public transport? I work in Stockport, and have to take a train there and back daily. It stops at nearly all the major Manchester stations and people are absolutely packed in like sardines. You could easily hop on and take out a few hundred if you were one of these nutjobs.

So let's be honest, it's GONNA happen, but how are we going about trying not to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

2Where and when is it our turn? Empty Re: Where and when is it our turn? Fri Jul 15 2016, 09:26

It could happen anywhere, anytime.

But statistically you're still far more likely to die choking on a pea or falling off your chair at work than you are in a terrorist attack, so I'm not wasting any time worrying about it.

Because that's what they want.

And I'm not giving them the satisfaction.

3Where and when is it our turn? Empty Re: Where and when is it our turn? Fri Jul 15 2016, 09:32

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

The only way to avoid it completely is to never leave your house. The day that starts happening is the day the terrorists win. 

I have a sort of 'what will be will be' attitude, but I suppose you are significantly increasing your chances of being mown down or blown to smithereens if you either A) use public transport, or B) use crowded shopping centres like the Trafford Centre. 

You should learn to drive and only visit little shitty retail parks. Good luck in your quest for survival.

4Where and when is it our turn? Empty Re: Where and when is it our turn? Fri Jul 15 2016, 10:17

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

in the past the Trafford Centre has been muted as a target but whenever I've been in there a high percentage of the crowd is Muslim so I doubt it would be a target, if I ever went in there when there were was no Muslims in there I would get out.
I asked the question on the actual Nice post, why is it France keeps being targeted, is there a weakness in their security or is it just geography.
Someone many years ago said to me (which I ridiculed at the time) that there is a tacit agreement in place here, where because of the high Muslim population we are left alone.
Other than the 7/7 (which were largely foiled) attacks we certainly don't seem to targeted in the same way, or maybe we just have greater terrorist intelligence where attacks are snuffed out sooner.

5Where and when is it our turn? Empty Re: Where and when is it our turn? Fri Jul 15 2016, 10:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see no point in worrying about what might happen. What will be will be. If I am unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time then I just hope I am in a position to take a few of the buggers with me before I go.

6Where and when is it our turn? Empty Re: Where and when is it our turn? Fri Jul 15 2016, 10:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:in the past the Trafford Centre has been muted as a target but whenever I've been in there a high percentage of the crowd is Muslim so I doubt it would be a target, if I ever went in there when there were was no Muslims in there I would get out.
I asked the question on the actual Nice post, why is it France keeps being targeted, is there a weakness in their security or is it just geography.
Someone many years ago said to me (which I ridiculed at the time) that there is a tacit agreement in place here, where because of the high Muslim population we are left alone.
Other than the 7/7 (which were largely foiled) attacks we certainly don't seem to targeted in the same way, or maybe we just have greater terrorist intelligence where attacks are snuffed out sooner.

Your last paragraph is pretty much what I think. Our security services seem to foil an awful lot of potential catastrophes by taking the buggers out before they commence their evil acts. 

Fwiw there are a myriad of CCTV cameras at the Trafford Centre and their operations room with banks of TV screens and monitors is almost the size of a Provincial Police forces control room. All exits and entries are fitted with ANPR cameras which are linked directly to the local police. I'd say the Trafford Centre is actually well protected and with an average of between 30,000 and  42,000 visitors per day I should think so as well.

7Where and when is it our turn? Empty Re: Where and when is it our turn? Fri Jul 15 2016, 15:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The pentagon has the most cctv than any other building in the world, oh wait that was an inside job..

No? But I'm with Breadman on this, it won't stop me going anywhere in my own country, although I won't go to countries like Turkey or Egypt ( that's just asking for trouble ) but it won't put me off going to shopping centres etc etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum