Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats the strangest song in your record collection?

+8
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
xmiles
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
Norpig
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Barb Dwyer wrote:I've still got this album on tape, nothing to play it on though.

I had that on vinyl Smile

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This Residents album is pretty strange.

'generally made up of sound effects, occasional playing on home-made instruments and a kind of gibberish presumably meant to emulate the creators' conception of Inuit language. The stories were all created by the group and, despite their claims otherwise, is not meant to be a true historical document of life in the Arctic'

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

https://youtu.be/bn4U4MMs2eM
Horse Latitudes, The Doors.
The only blot on 6 great studio albums.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Soul Kitchen wrote:https://youtu.be/bn4U4MMs2eM
Horse Latitudes, The Doors.
The only blot on 6 great studio albums.

Good choice but how about this from Jefferson Airplane?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_majRjzpnW8

Have this song as well. The videos pretty good though.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I had this one once - I still like it too!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:This Residents album is pretty strange.

'generally made up of sound effects, occasional playing on home-made instruments and a kind of gibberish presumably meant to emulate the creators' conception of Inuit language. The stories were all created by the group and, despite their claims otherwise, is not meant to be a true historical document of life in the Arctic'
I have this somewhere in the attic along with other residents and Ralph Records stuff e.g. Tuxedo Moon who I saw in Manchester. In fact I think Ralph Records did a tour with a bunch of their bands. Also saw Snakefinger at Jilly's and everyone remembers his classic singles "Who is the culprit and who is the victim?" and his cover of Kraftwerk's "The Model". Seem to remember this Residents record had "facts about the Inuit" on the sleeve notes as I remember reading the women wash their hair with piss to degrease it. Romantic huh?

Weirdest record was one I had in the 70s which was actually pretty good but all the "instruments" were the human body e.g. the sound of slapping your arse or belching. Can't remember who did it but have a feeling it was something to do with Floyd and I think the record sold well so somebody will know.

And then there's Mr Van Vliet of course.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How about this guy. He was championed by Frank Zappa and John Peel in the late 60's. I had loads of tracks from his album "An Evening with Wild Man Fischer" recorded from Peel's Top Gear programme on my old reel to reel Phillips tape recorder.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Weird but truly wonderful. From the brilliant Trout Mask Replica album which I have owned for years.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hilarious.  Very Happy... The Trout Pout wasn't invented then.

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Revolution 9

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Crash Test Dummies. Still love it. 

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't find it on youtube but i have a promotional 45 of the Kosset carpets TV advert song stashed away somewhere. If anyone remembers it was very catchy and the lyrics were clearly written by someone with a stammer.

"K - k - k - Kosset C- c- c- Carpets They're the only C - c - c carpets that we like."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum