Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fatties Banned From Surgery

+4
Bollotom2014
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 11:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At long fooking last, some common sense from the NHS.

The Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group who oversee NHS care in North Yorkshire have banned surgery for obese patients to save money.

Not just gastric band surgery, but all non-life threatening surgery like knee or hip replacements for example. Incredibly they have come under attack from various bodies saying this is discriminatory against fatties. Shaw Somers, a surgeon based in Portsmouth said "Obesity is an illness and for these people, they are not deliberately waking up each morning thinking 'how do I stay fat?'"

What a bellend. What is the point of wasting NHS cash on knee surgery when the fatty using that new knee will crush it the same way they crushed the knee they were born with.

Hopefully this is the future. No longer should the tax payer have to fund operations for people who have contributed to their own condition. Spend the money on cancer patients, on ill children, on training more doctors, but make the fatties pay for their own treatment if they really want it.

I'm amazed that anyone (other than fatties) could be against this idea. Am I right?

2Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 12:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some people struggle to get through the turnstile at the Macron. They need help. Shocked

3Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 12:38

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ok, I'll play along....

What about thin, active people who, for example, completely rupture both their ACL and MCL and tear both the Menisci in the same knee when playing football, resulting in them having to stop playing any sport in their early 20's and who then, as a direct result, pile on a load of weight because they can no longer exercise?

Should they be banned from receiving future treatment?

4Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 12:56

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This is an abomination and will cause more problems than it solves. It also includes smokers. The next step is to ban those not on a healthy diet, those who take too much sun and get a melanoma, those who injure themselves while doing extreme sports. The NHS (Gov) can introduce all sorts of restrictions to medical treatment. Won't be long before they withdraw medical assistance for the elderly. There's already a rumour circulating that some doctors arbitrarily put DNR on elderly patients' records. I understand there's a year put on to treatment times but what happens if a 30 stoner has treatment delayed for that year but then can't lose weight for any reason does the restriction become longer? That is discrimination. Badly thought through idea.

5Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 13:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:

What about thin, active people who, for example, completely rupture both their ACL and MCL and tear both the Menisci in the same knee when playing football, resulting in them having to stop playing any sport in their early 20's and who then, as a direct result, pile on a load of weight because they can no longer exercise?

It's a tiny minority of people that can't exercise at all because of an accident or injury. And maybe those people should be exempt. But we both know that the vast majority of people are fat because they eat too much and choose not to exercise.

Those are the people who should be denied treatment on the NHS.

No one will ever convince me that money should be spent on obese people over cancer patients.

6Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 13:06

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's just another step along the road to dismantling the NHS and forcing everybody to pay for their healthcare as they do in The States.

I've said this before on here but I've got a mate who's a GP in a surgery in an affluent part of Bolton and every time one of his patients moans about something he asks them if they voted Tory.

If they say "yes", he tells them to shut the fuck up and stop moaning because they've brought it on themselves.

7Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 13:06

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If these people aren't getting treatment on the NHS as a result of the NHS refusing it then they should be given the right to opt out of NI and put that money towards private healthcare.
You can't force someone to pay for something that they aren't going to be provided with. If they're struggling that much that they can't provide care maybe a better place to start savings would be to clamp down on medical tourism, fraud, rip off drugs companies and remove a couple of tiers of middle management.

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Sat Sep 03 2016, 13:09; edited 1 time in total

8Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 13:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:This is an abomination and will cause more problems than it solves. It also includes smokers. The next step is to ban those not on a healthy diet, those who take too much sun and get a melanoma, those who injure themselves while doing extreme sports. The NHS (Gov) can introduce all sorts of restrictions to medical treatment. Won't be long before they withdraw medical assistance for the elderly. There's already a rumour circulating that some doctors arbitrarily put DNR on elderly patients' records. I understand there's a year put on to treatment times but what happens if a 30 stoner has treatment delayed for that year but then can't lose weight for any reason does the restriction become longer? That is discrimination. Badly thought through idea.

You say abomination, I say common sense.

The tax payer should not be paying for fat people or smokers to have treatment for conditions they brought on themselves. Same for people who overuse sunbeds or don't use sun cream in the sun.

The NHS cannot afford to treat everyone, so priority should be given to ailments or diseases that are no fault of the person in question.

The elderly issue is something entirely different, but should people be kept alive to live a life of misery?

9Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 13:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:
I've said this before on here but I've got a mate who's a GP in a surgery in an affluent part of Bolton and every time one of his patients moans about something he asks them if they voted Tory.

If they say "yes", he tells them to shut the fuck up and stop moaning because they've brought it on themselves.

That simply isn't true.

10Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 13:08

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:If they say "yes", he tells them to shut the fuck up and stop moaning because they've brought it on themselves.
I bet he does too, this sounds like another metaphor for you to lash out with. He'd be struck off.

11Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 13:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:It's just another step along the road to dismantling the NHS and forcing everybody to pay for their healthcare as they do in The States.

Is that such a bad thing, forcing the middle class and rich to pay money into a private healthcare scheme every month?

12Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 13:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:If they're struggling that much that they can't provide care maybe a better place to start savings would be to remove a couple of tiers of middle management.

Insensitive post. The NHS couldn't function without people like Norpig who clean the bedpans.

13Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 13:12

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He obviously doesn't say "Fuck off!" but he does tell them to stop moaning.

(Not that the GMC have the power to strike doctors off for swearing at patients - I think you've got to do something a bit more serious than that to get struck off like killing someone or fiddling with kiddies.)

14Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 14:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:This is an abomination and will cause more problems than it solves. It also includes smokers. The next step is to ban those not on a healthy diet, those who take too much sun and get a melanoma, those who injure themselves while doing extreme sports. The NHS (Gov) can introduce all sorts of restrictions to medical treatment. Won't be long before they withdraw medical assistance for the elderly. There's already a rumour circulating that some doctors arbitrarily put DNR on elderly patients' records. I understand there's a year put on to treatment times but what happens if a 30 stoner has treatment delayed for that year but then can't lose weight for any reason does the restriction become longer? That is discrimination. Badly thought through idea.
A month ago I tore a tendon in my left forearm which is painful and debilitating so went to the local hospital where a nice nurse asked me age and occupation and concluded that I needed to rest it for a couple of weeks and if it was still bothering me I should ask my doctor to arrange some physio. 
I suggested a MRI scan to check if it needed stitching back on which was rejected. 
It's no better. Now I realise that it was because I am oldish and retired that they weren't going to spend any money on me, so I'm going back next week and if I get a different nurse I'll be telling her I'm a 49 year old professional guitarist who supplements his income with casual building work and competition arm-wrestling.

It's strange that you can no longer ask the age of a person coming for a job interview but it is perfectly permissible to use age as a criterion in triage.

15Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 14:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat, with you posting stuff on obese people on quite a few occasions it has made me wonder if you are a fatty yourself.

Are you overweight?

16Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 18:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Nat, with you posting stuff on obese people on quite a few occasions it has made me wonder if you are a fatty yourself.

Are you overweight?

You fuckwit, I am an ex-model so what do you think?

17Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 18:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Nat, with you posting stuff on obese people on quite a few occasions it has made me wonder if you are a fatty yourself.

Are you overweight?

You fuckwit, I am an ex-model so what do you think?
What is now known as "plus-size"? Very Happy

18Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 18:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
What is now known as "plus-size"? Very Happy

Sick of this mod bullery. I may sue.

19Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 18:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Southend trainer could afford to lose a few pounds. His legs were fatter than my waist.

20Fatties Banned From Surgery Empty Re: Fatties Banned From Surgery Sat Sep 03 2016, 21:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The problem with this approach, and Bollotom mentioned it, is that the 'norm', i.e. the criteria by which people will be treated, will be dictated by accountants. A surgeon stated on the tv that people are treated for pain, and not by what weight they are, which seems right to me.
Nat, the day will come when your health fails, through no fault of your own, and I hope you aren't outside the permissible limits for treatment, if we go down that road. You've been 32 for a while now, but it won't last in real life.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum