Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 33 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 48]

361NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Sep 18 2018, 08:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry i'll wait until after the Tuesday show to comment on scores. I do find myself rooting for the Browns after they were on hard knocks and they could and should be 2-0 and not 0-1-1 if their kicker had done his job properly.

362NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Sep 18 2018, 10:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:sorry i'll wait until after the Tuesday show to comment on scores. I do find myself rooting for the Browns after they were on hard knocks and they could and should be 2-0 and not 0-1-1 if their kicker had done his job properly.
So now you're telling me the Browns lost? Great Smile

363NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Sep 18 2018, 10:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ooops  Embarassed

364NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 20 2018, 10:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thoroughly enjoyable round of matches - although it wasn't just the Browns that were let down by their kicker. Bad week for kickers, but otherwise some good stuff.

365NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 20 2018, 12:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are brutal in the NFL , the Vikings kicker was released after the game. Imagine if Bolton could release players after a bad game, we'd have none left  Laughing

366NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 20 2018, 16:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Bills are struggling. Not expecting much from them to be honest.

367NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 09:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:My Bills are struggling. Not expecting much from them to be honest.
Still too early to pick out the winners and losers this year with the possible exception of the Browns of course Smile
Makes it all the more interesting.

368NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 09:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a question about the draft.
I like the idea that the worst team gets the first pick and the best team chooses last which theoretically should help to make it more competitive - although Tom Brady wasn't selected until the 6th round in his draft year!
The question is if you are a superstar college player that lots of clubs want, do you get the same value contract regardless of which team picks you?

369NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:11

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:My Bills are struggling. Not expecting much from them to be honest.
Bail on them and get on the Bengals with me, Bonce. 2 wins and cruising. They’re notoriously shit too so they’re a good fit for a Bolton fan.

370NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Bail on them and get on the Bengals with me, Bonce. 2 wins and cruising. They’re notoriously shit too so they’re a good fit for a Bolton fan.
I've made my choice. I'm no flipper. Go Bills. cheers

371NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Browns finally won a game last night  cheers

372NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:The Browns finally won a game last night  cheers
Thanks for that.

Any thoughts on draft pick contracts?

373NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 15:09

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I have a question about the draft.
I like the idea that the worst team gets the first pick and the best team chooses last which theoretically should help to make it more competitive - although Tom Brady wasn't selected until the 6th round in his draft year!
The question is if you are a superstar college player that lots of clubs want, do you get the same value contract regardless of which team picks you?
The earlier in the draft you get picked the bigger the contract and signing bonus. However some teams will trade their place in the draft picking order so they can get a specific player (eg SF49ers traded with Cleveland a few years back so the Browns could bag a running back they wanted and the 49er's got a backup QB for a much lower price than they'd have had to pay had they picked him at the time they were meant to).

374NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 16:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What LPP said  Very Happy

Sounds like you follow NFL LPP, which team do you follow?

Fin - the AFC north table must look good to you at the moment, i'm trying to avoid it, the Steelers have been poor so far.

375NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 16:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
The earlier in the draft you get picked the bigger the contract and signing bonus. However some teams will trade their place in the draft picking order so they can get a specific player (eg SF49ers traded with Cleveland a few years back so the Browns could bag a running back they wanted and the 49er's got a backup QB for a much lower price than they'd have had to pay had they picked him at the time they were meant to).
What I'm getting at is do all the clubs pay the same rate for a particular draft choice e.g. if you have the first pick do you have to pay the same as another club would if they got the first pick? 

However I've now found out the answer here.
Complicated.

376NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 19:30

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not sure if you have HBO Bonce but they did a great Hard Knocks on the Browns this year. Brilliant show.

377NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 19:38

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:What LPP said  Very Happy

Fin - the AFC north table must look good to you at the moment, i'm trying to avoid it, the Steelers have been poor so far.
I was an avid 49ers fan in my youth. Joe Montana and Jerry Rice were awesome and that whole team was virtually unbeatable when on form. I used to watch it on C4 with my mates and we'd play American Football on the yard at school. Everyone wanted to be Montana or maybe Dan Marino but for me it was always Jerry Rice who captured my imagination because he could catch just about anything and God he was fast, he'd have left Linford Christie for dead if he'd been a sprinter instead of a football player.

378NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 19:46

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:What LPP said  Very Happy

Looking rosy for now but I’m not sure how long it will last. I’ve followed them long enough to know not to get too excited. As a Bolton fan my NFL team was carefully considered.

379NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Sep 21 2018, 19:58

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
What I'm getting at is do all the clubs pay the same rate for a particular draft choice e.g. if you have the first pick do you have to pay the same as another club would if they got the first pick? 

However I've now found out the answer here.
Complicated.

The Browns got their money's worth last night against the Jets... #1 pick came on and beat the #3 pick.

380NFL's back again. - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Sep 25 2018, 01:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
On that note I think it's the end of the Pats' era. Brady will be 41 and was poor in the SB overall by his standards, they traded their best back up, Bellichick doesn't seem to have the buy-in he once had from his squad and I feel a change is in the air - maybe next year if they have a poor season.
Turn back the clock to the end of last season and this is starting to look prophetic although I wouldn't back against Bellichick turning it around. The kid Etling is an outside option - isn't Hoyer still around? -  but it would take a few more losses before they even consider benching the great man. From what I've seen they are serious danger of those losses coming along and if it goes completely tits up even Bellichick's job may be under review at the end of the season. But we ain't there yet.
The Chiefs on the other hand are looking better than they have in years and Mahomes has been mighty impressive so far. I know it's early doors but the Chiefs would be my tip for the SB at this early stage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 33 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum