Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back Of The Net!

+7
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Lyric Todkill
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Back Of The Net! Empty Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 22:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's nothing like scoring a goal is there?

I came out of retirement this evening to play for my friends 5-a-side team in the Preston Area Women's 5-a-side Cup sponsored by Manzil Tandoori Takeaway.

We didn't win the competition, we were somewhat hindered by the goalkeeper with a lazy eye and a striker straight out of the Klasnic book of not running. For anything.

However, I scored a goal in two of the games, one a magnificent dribble from my own half beating 6 of their players and firing into the bottom corner. If Gerald Cid had been there he would have stood in awe.

But there really is no better feeling than scoring a goal is there? Even in a freezing sports centre in front of 12 people and Manzil himself. You had the skill to put that ball in the net, no one can take that away from you.

Do you play football or did you play? Do you get the same feeling as me when you score? Or if you've given up playing do you miss the feeling of scoring?

2Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 22:13

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:There's nothing like scoring a goal is there?

I came out of retirement this evening to play for my friends 5-a-side team in the Preston Area Women's 5-a-side Cup sponsored by Manzil Tandoori Takeaway.

We didn't win the competition, we were somewhat hindered by the goalkeeper with a lazy eye and a striker straight out of the Klasnic book of not running. For anything.

However, I scored a goal in two of the games, one a magnificent dribble from my own half beating 6 of their players and firing into the bottom corner. If Gerald Cid had been there he would have stood in awe.

But there really is no better feeling than scoring a goal is there? Even in a freezing sports centre in front of 12 people and Manzil himself. You had the skill to put that ball in the net, no one can take that away from you.

Do you play football or did you play? Do you get the same feeling as me when you score? Or if you've given up playing do you miss the feeling of scoring?

As good as a Petite Mort?

3Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 22:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lyric Todkill wrote:

As good as a Petite Mort?

You know full well I'm a virgin of 10 years.

4Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 22:15

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Used to love playing Football, playing a accurate long pass or scoring a wonder Goal, Brilliant!!!

5Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 22:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When I was at Sharples Secondary, they'd just built an astroturf pitch when I was in year 11.
One day in PE, I scored a goal identical to the one Anelka scored against Arsenal at the Reebok in 06/07, except I had more men to beat than he did ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7LmbWSFvfQ ). I was on the left wing, it was played to me, I came inside, took it past three before firing an unstoppable shot into the top corner. The keeper, who I incidentally despised and wouldn't piss on if he was on fire had no chance. I got a second a few minutes later when it was played to me on the edge of the box, I flicked it up with my left and smashed it into the bottom corner with my right. We got a penalty a few minutes later, but of course there's always one gobshite that thinks it's his god-given right to take penalties, so I missed out on my hat-trick.

6Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 22:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was pretty crap at football in school but i tried out for the team once, played out on the left wing, ball came to me for the first time, i thought i'll throw a cross in, got right underneath it with a huge scuff and it flew in to the net.

great feeling.

didn't get picked for the team though.

didn't matter because i dominated on the basketball court.

7Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Started playing on the cobbled streets with jumpers for nets and was still playing nearly 50 years later until my body simply could no longer recover from the wear and tear on it.

Played in school, works and pub teams over the years, captaining and managing quite a few of them in my time too.

Nothing serious mind, just Sunday league stuff at best and a couple of foreign trips thrown in too.

I played mostly at the back through out my career but I've knocked in one or two goals over the years as well.

All good fun and I miss it terribly but time and tide wait for no man.

Never scored a 25 yard volley like some though!

8Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 22:53

Once scored a penalty in the last minute of a cup final when I was 11. Right in the top corner, one of the best feelings ever. Still pretty good at footballl, although used to be a jinking winger, now like Matt Let Tissier without the work ethic.

9Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 23:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:Once scored a penalty in the last minute of a cup final when I was 11. Right in the top corner, one of the best feelings ever. Still pretty good at footballl, although used to be a jinking winger, now like Matt Let Tissier without the work ethic.

I had you down as looking like Hulk.

10Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 23:11

Reebok Trotter wrote:
OneOinCoyle wrote:Once scored a penalty in the last minute of a cup final when I was 11. Right in the top corner, one of the best feelings ever. Still pretty good at footballl, although used to be a jinking winger, now like Matt Let Tissier without the work ethic.

I had you down as looking like Hulk.

No I look like a right tit.

11Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 23:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Your left one is not so bad either!

12Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Sun Oct 14 2012, 23:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:There's nothing like scoring a goal is there?

Nat, I'd complain about the opposition having 2 extra players! It was 5 a side and they fielded at least 7 players...

13Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Mon Oct 15 2012, 00:02

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My child hood was all football, I was football mad, and quite a good player until I broke my arm, well it was kicked by a player from Astley Bridge, and the bone came out of my arm... Had to have plates and screws. I wasn't the same after that, anyway, I was a striker and loved scoring goals. The more spectacular the better! I once scored a goal with an header from between the edge of the area and the half way line straight from a goal kick. That was for my local team, the Horwich Tigers. I headed it straight back and somehow the keeper fumbled and it went in! It hurt but it was worth it.

14Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Mon Oct 15 2012, 14:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

How, you're only 5ft1.

15Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Mon Oct 15 2012, 15:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

How, you're only 5ft1.

haha. I could dunk in high school. dream on.

16Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Mon Oct 15 2012, 15:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Saying you're good at basketball is like saying you're good at curling. No bugger plays it, so anyone who does is automatically in the top 10 players in the world.

17Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Mon Oct 15 2012, 16:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Saying you're good at basketball is like saying you're good at curling. No bugger plays it, so anyone who does is automatically in the top 10 players in the world.

One game we should have in the UK is handball. Been learning to play it of late with a few friends annd its a great fast sport and more rough that what football currently is. Damn good sport to play, but not too sure about it being a spectator sport!

18Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Mon Oct 15 2012, 16:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

One game we should have in the UK is handball. Been learning to play it of late with a few friends annd its a great fast sport and more rough that what football currently is. Damn good sport to play, but not too sure about it being a spectator sport!

I agree, it wasn't much fun to watch at the Olympics but I thought at the time it would be ace to play.

I'd probably beat you and your friends on my own though.

19Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Mon Oct 15 2012, 16:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Laughing

No bugger plays it in this tiny country

20Back Of The Net! Empty Re: Back Of The Net! Mon Oct 15 2012, 16:15

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

I agree, it wasn't much fun to watch at the Olympics but I thought at the time it would be ace to play.

I'd probably beat you and your friends on my own though.

Is that a challenge?

or you fancy doing a Dodgeball?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum