Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 36 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 48]

461NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 12 2019, 10:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

AB now in more trouble, been accused of rape!

462NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 16 2019, 11:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not looking good for my team the Steelers, 0-2 already and Big Ben and James Connor both injured.

Bonceys Bills won again and will be getting a nosebleed having a 2-0 start to the season.

The big game of the week was a rematch of the Rams vs Saints Championship game from last season and the Rams won again but with more controversy again with a perfectly good touchdown being ruled out and Drew Brees for the Saints getting injured.

463NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 16 2019, 13:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, I'm more than happy with our start.

464NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 23 2019, 12:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another win. Could be habit forming.

465NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 23 2019, 12:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Another win. Could be habit forming.

Another loss, could be habit forming as well  Crying or Very sad

466NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Sep 25 2019, 01:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Although Mahomes seems to be playing beautifully, the Chiefs defence seems a bit wobbly at times so I think they may have problems down the road. Pats are solid despite the Antonio Brown saga, but if he'd somehow managed to settle into the team I'd be backing them for another SB - now I'm not so sure as they need a proper replacement for Gronk. Edelman's still around though. At this early stage it's impossible to see any team that look like they're going to bust everyone up - just a load of contenders including Boncey's Bills.
And Dolphins are the new Browns. Looking forward to see what happens.

467NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Sep 25 2019, 16:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish i didn't support the Steelers when i was younger as if was going to pick a team now it would be the Chiefs. Mahomes is a superstar and they are great to watch

The Dolphins are awful as you say Lusty, could be a 0-16 season for them i reckon.

468NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 26 2019, 11:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I wish i didn't support the Steelers when i was younger as if was going to pick a team now it would be the Chiefs. Mahomes is a superstar and they are great to watch

The Dolphins are awful as you say Lusty, could be a 0-16 season for them i reckon.
I've never really "supported" a particular team as I first started watching the game regularly in the late 70s when I was working in the Middle East and it was on telly a lot and my American mate who got me into it didn't really have a favourite. Back then it was the Cowboys era, but in the following years there was the emergence of a great 49ers team with Joe Montana, a great Redskins team with Riggins, and a great Dolphins team with Dan Marino and I liked watching them all. And with all the power shifts over the years I've got a soft spot for pretty much all the franchises and just enjoy watching good plays and good teams.
It's not the same as supporting the Wanderers for me - that's a life sentence because it's my roots.

469NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 26 2019, 11:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very true Lusty. I enjoy watching the Bills. But a Bills defeat doesn't put me in a sulk for the rest of the week.

470NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 26 2019, 13:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Very true Lusty. I enjoy watching the Bills. But a Bills defeat doesn't put me in a sulk for the rest of the week.
Bills played in the first game I watched at Wembley in 1991 on our staff outing. They beat the Eagles in the old American Bowl which was basically an exhibition game. My main memory of that day was that with little at stake, the players were not at their best and it dragged on for so long we were absolutely starving by the time we got out and descended on the nearest curry house for an enormous meal.

471NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 26 2019, 13:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A game is exactly one hour long. How they manage to pad it out is hilarious. The ref being miked up is a great idea though. We should be taking note.
I shouldn't have said that, because it's started me thinking about Barry Knight again. I'll need my tablets.
Explain yourself Barry, you  purple, pulsating haemorrhoid, on the fat arse of humanity.

472NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 26 2019, 14:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:A game is exactly one hour long. How they manage to pad it out is hilarious.
No wonder folk take barbecues on the bleachers for college games. One hour of action in amongst 3 to 5 hours of fannying about. My mate was deriding American Football for that very reason last night in the pub.
Did I ever tell you about me explaining cricket to my American mate? He concluded "So they stand in the field for FIVE DAYS????....and it's a tie?????"

473NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 26 2019, 14:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:A game is exactly one hour long. How they manage to pad it out is hilarious.
No wonder folk take barbecues on the bleachers for college games. One hour of action in amongst 3 to 5 hours of fannying about. My mate was deriding American Football for that very reason last night in the pub.
Did I ever tell you about me explaining cricket to my American mate? He concluded "So they stand in the field for FIVE DAYS????....and it's a tie?????

Explaining cricket to Americans.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay  out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

474NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 26 2019, 16:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Did I ever tell you about me explaining cricket to my American mate? He concluded "So they stand in the field for FIVE DAYS????....and it's a tie?????

Explaining cricket to Americans.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay  out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!
Yeah but who's on first?

475NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 30 2019, 13:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love NFL and spend Sunday nights watching redzione for 6 hours but i can understand why people get annoyed with the time a game takes. 
They need to look at the number of flags thrown during games, there are far too many rules and infractions in the game now. The pass interference rule especially is crazy now. The number of penalties in the Redskins vs Giants game was ridiculous, almost a flag thrown after every play!

As for this weeks games i'll wait till Lusty has watched the Tuesday BBC hioghlights before i comment  Very Happy

I am hoping the Steelers can beat the Bengals tonight but they are 2 bad teams this year unfortunately.

476NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 30 2019, 13:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I love NFL and spend Sunday nights watching redzione for 6 hours but i can understand why people get annoyed with the time a game takes. 
They need to look at the number of flags thrown during games, there are far too many rules and infractions in the game now. The pass interference rule especially is crazy now. The number of penalties in the Redskins vs Giants game was ridiculous, almost a flag thrown after every play!

As for this weeks games i'll wait till Lusty has watched the Tuesday BBC hioghlights before i comment  Very Happy

I am hoping the Steelers can beat the Bengals tonight but they are 2 bad teams this year unfortunately.
Thanks amigo - although I have taken a sneak preview of the plays of the week - carefully trying to avoid looking at the scores Smile

477NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 30 2019, 13:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't say I was impressed. Neutral

478NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 30 2019, 13:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I can't say I was impressed. Neutral
Bills hosted the Pats didn't they? Hope that wasn't a spoiler.

479NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 30 2019, 13:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I can't say I was impressed. Neutral
Bills hosted the Pats didn't they? Hope that wasn't a spoiler.
I wasn't impressed because I'm painting the kitchen, and the only sport I managed to see over the weekend was the whites. I still don't know how the Bills fared, but I'm getting used to winning, and I expect to be smiling when I watch the highlights tonight.

480NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 30 2019, 13:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:They ran them close Boncey, more than anyone else so far this season.

Sorry Lusty one spoiler but it is the Patriots  Very Happy
Ran them close? So we lost! No shame though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 36 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum