Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 35 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 48]

441NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 04 2019, 14:24

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Wow. 13 - 3 it finishes. 
As a game, it was probably the best defensive battle I've seen in 40 years of watching the SB and the reason it was the lowest scoring game in history. An absolute war and totally not was expected.
Records for Brady, for Hekker with the longest punt in history.
Time for bed.
The longest punt got a really good forward roll.  Bookies actually had the Rams as one-point favorites until the money started rolling in for the Pats.
Yup it was like a golf drive that pitched on a downslope and shot forward - a further 27 yards I believe - which was gutting for the Pats as they'd pinned the Rams back yet again and had been stopped yet again despite dominating possession and yardage.
Fair play to the Rams outstanding defence but their attack contributed next to nothing. Poor Goff was pressurised into submission. It was almost as if Bellichick had his playbook in his pocket and ultimately that was the difference between the two teams.
Belichick was actually named as coach of the NY Jets and held that job for one day before quitting and joining the Patriots.  In winning six Superbowls, he is the coach of perhaps the most hated team in sports... a team accused of cheating to win... including having the plays of opposing teams (they were fined for videotaping the opposition), and in the most flagrant act, deflating the footballs for Brady.  One opposing coach called him Belicheat! Nevertheless, the Pats have achieved cult like status as winners and Brady becoming the best QB of all-time.
They are the Man United of American football, the team that everyone loves to hate. As an impartial observer over the years I've had no problem with the Bellichick era of the Pats though, as at one stage they were serial losers who came good. And I do think Bellichick is a brilliant coach as he showed yet again last night, outthinking and outmanoevering McVay - who I also like.
Pretty sure Brady is already the best QB of all time  although not my favourite having got into the game in the 70s when Staubach was the business followed by Montana, Elway and Marino.
I even liked a QB called Ken Anderson!
But Brady is undoubtedly excellent. He doesn't have the arm or mobility of others I like, but his "footballing brain", decision-making and accuracy are beyond compare. As is his record.
Can't disagree with any of that.  Elway had the cannon... but Brady is the best at reading defenses.  Though I wish Belichick had stayed with the Jets!  Truly awful franchises in NY for the past few years... Jets, Mets, Knicks, Rangers, etc.

442NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Feb 05 2019, 13:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I enjoyed the game, yes it wasn't high scoring but it was riveting the whole way through. I even won a few quid as i packed the Patriots to win by 7-12 points  Very Happy

443NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Feb 05 2019, 13:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Riveting throughout? Shocked

Then again even watching golf would be better than the current shite at the Reebok! Very Happy

444NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Feb 05 2019, 16:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I enjoyed the game, yes it wasn't high scoring but it was riveting the whole way through. I even won a few quid as i packed the Patriots to win by 7-12 points  Very Happy
Needless to say the Americans didn't like it as there wasn't a TD-fest and the Pats won. Some folk don't see the pleasure in great defensive performances and both defences were magnificent throughout until the Rams visibly tired at the end having got no respite due to their attacking line up failing time after time.
Anyhoo that's it for another season. Roll on the next one.

445NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Apr 08 2019, 20:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

446NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Apr 09 2019, 08:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good luck to him, could have signed for a decent team though  Laughing

447NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Apr 09 2019, 08:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll do well, but unlike Jay Ajayi he hasn't played college football so it will be a longer learning curve. He has the right attributes and mentality, but he'll have to stay injury free because the competition is brutal - only two years after winning the SB Ajayi is now a free agent just because he tore his ACL at the end of last year. In football and rugby most teams would keep top players whilst they take a year out to recover, but in the NFL it seems they just get cut.

448NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Apr 09 2019, 13:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ajayi is a free agent? Come on Steelers sign him up! Conner and Ajayi at RB would be great.

Can't believe Brown has signed for the Raiders, must be paying him very well as they are a poor team. Going to be a tough season for the Steelers with Bell going as well.

My turncoat Son has now ditched the Giants to follow his favourite player OBJ and is a Browns fan  Very Happy

449NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Apr 09 2019, 15:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Ajayi is a free agent? Come on Steelers sign him up! Conner and Ajayi at RB would be great.

Can't believe Brown has signed for the Raiders, must be paying him very well as they are a poor team. Going to be a tough season for the Steelers with Bell going as well.

My turncoat Son has now ditched the Giants to follow his favourite player OBJ and is a Browns fan  Very Happy
Doesn't seem to be much loyalty in the NFL.
You have teams moving from one city to another.
Imagine the Wanderers moving down to Birmingham. It's ridiculous. Bloody Yanks.

450NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Aug 09 2019, 10:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

451NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Aug 09 2019, 10:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't wait for the new season! It's a shame Wade can't go straight into the roster this season but if he keeps that up he'll definitely be in next year.

Don't hold out much hope for my team the Steelers this year. Lots of changes and the 2 star players in Brown and Bell both now gone, still won't be as bad as the Bills eh boncey?  Very Happy

452NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Aug 09 2019, 10:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Can't wait for the new season! It's a shame Wade can't go straight into the roster this season but if he keeps that up he'll definitely be in next year.

Don't hold out much hope for my team the Steelers this year. Lots of changes and the 2 star players in Brown and Bell both now gone, still won't be as bad as the Bills eh boncey?  Very Happy
I'll take just having a team to watch at the moment. It's a different feeling watching the Bills. Them losing doesn't really affect my weekend/life/mood, so all this talk about watching someone else if the Wanderers go under is pointless to me.

453NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Aug 09 2019, 19:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I still follow the 49ers but to be honest I don't see them as Superbowl material any time soon. Oh for the days when Joe Montana was pinging perfect passes to Jerry Rice. Sad

454NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Aug 09 2019, 21:39

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

i've decided to give up on The Raiders after something like 35 years of unrewarded patience. Can't make my mind up who to latch on to yet though,

455NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Aug 09 2019, 21:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:i've decided to give up on The Raiders after something like 35 years of unrewarded patience. Can't make my mind up who to latch on to yet though,

Glory seeker?

456NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sat Aug 10 2019, 09:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Raiders are moving to Las Vegas next year i think and are on this years hard knocks series. They do have Antonio Brown now much to my disgust so may be better this year. Stick with them HP  Very Happy

457NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Sep 08 2019, 22:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Go Bills! 16-0 down but come back to win 17-16. cheers

458NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 09 2019, 13:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good win for your boys boncey, i'm not talking about the Steelers  Rolling Eyes

I see AB has left the Raiders already and gone to the Patriots.

459NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 09 2019, 13:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Good win for your boys boncey, i'm not talking about the Steelers  Rolling Eyes

I see AB has left the Raiders already and gone to the Patriots.
Never mind mate. Better than being a Brown's fan. Very Happy

460NFL's back again. - Page 23 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 09 2019, 14:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

My lad has decided he's a Browns fan now because OBJ plays for them now, think he may live to regret that!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 35 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum