Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 48]

501NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Oct 30 2019, 08:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have probably gone with the Jets in your position Fin as i always go for the underdog.

I only started following the Steelers in the 80s when they were shit, i know now they were amazing in the 70's but when it first came on channel 4 all those years ago they were poor and i didn't want to follow all the big teams of the time like the Dolphins, Cowboys and the 49ers. 
My second team were the Chargers when they were in still in San Diego for the same reason  Very Happy

502NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Oct 30 2019, 11:19

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:I couldn’t go with the Giants or Jets because it just seemed like picking Man Utd or City.
That made me laugh - Jets are 7 and 1 and the Giants are 8 and 2 so they're not much better than the Bengals.
Why the Bengals though? Why not a team nearer to NYC like the Bills, Pats, Redskins, Browns or Steelers? In recent times only the Pats would be considered glory-hunting.

Ah but I didn’t just pick the Bengals this year. It was around 9 years ago.

503NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Oct 30 2019, 11:23

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:I'd have probably gone with the Jets in your position Fin as i always go for the underdog.

I only started following the Steelers in the 80s when they were shit, i know now they were amazing in the 70's but when it first came on channel 4 all those years ago they were poor and i didn't want to follow all the big teams of the time like the Dolphins, Cowboys and the 49ers. 
My second team were the Chargers when they were in still in San Diego for the same reason  Very Happy

I went for the Bengals after watching a season of Hard Knocks on HBO. It’s was the first time that I really gave a shit about football since it was given a massive push back in the 80’s in the UK (Redskins v Raiders in the Super Bowl I believe).

I’ve just moved back to NY and started a new role with the XFL which kicks off right after the Super Bowl. Having to brush up on my knowledge of the game super-quick at the moment!

504NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Oct 30 2019, 12:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exciting stuff Fin  Very Happy

Isn't the XFL run by Vince McMahon from WWE? I presume its the summer league similar to the AAF that only lasted a few months.

505NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Oct 31 2019, 00:13

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Exciting stuff Fin  Very Happy

Isn't the XFL run by Vince McMahon from WWE? I presume its the summer league similar to the AAF that only lasted a few months.

Spring league. Kicking off after the Super Bowl with 8 teams in the first season. Fingers crossed it’s more successful than the AAF! NY, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, DC, Dallas, Houston, Seattle and LA. It’s backed by Vince but that’s the only connection with WWE this time around.

506NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Oct 31 2019, 10:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Norpig wrote:Exciting stuff Fin  Very Happy

Spring league. Kicking off after the Super Bowl with 8 teams in the first season. Fingers crossed it’s more successful than the AAF! NY, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, DC, Dallas, Houston, Seattle and LA. It’s backed by Vince but that’s the only connection with WWE this time around.
Good luck with it Fin. Do Americans accept the rule changes? I know it's intended to be a bit quicker (which is no bad thing IMO having sat through several hours of bullshit to watch a one hour game Smile)

507NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Oct 31 2019, 12:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seems to me that 6 teams stand out in  the AFC as most likely to make the postseason but there's a nice little battle going on in the AFC as to who will grab the final spot.
In the AFC I can't see past the Pats, Ravens, Bills, Colts, Texans and Chiefs (although the Steelers may yet turn it around even though the AFC South looks strong throughout Smile) And the Chiefs might blow it without Mahomes.
But in the NFC there are the Packers, Vikings, Saints, 49ers and Seahawks who look good enough so far but then what? Cowboys? Eagles? Rams? Panthers? Really struggling to see who is showing signs of stepping up.
What is your top twelve prediction?

508NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Oct 31 2019, 13:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would say the teams top of their division now will go onto win and go through. i'm guessing the 2 wildcards from the AFC will be the Bills ands the Texans and from the NFC the Seahawks and Vikings.

A lot of good teams there (no Steelers though) and i'm going out on a limb now and say the Patriots will play either the Packers or the Saints in the Superbowl.

509NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Oct 31 2019, 15:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I would say the teams top of their division now will go onto win and go through. i'm guessing the 2 wildcards from the AFC will be the Bills ands the Texans and from the NFC the Seahawks and Vikings.

A lot of good teams there (no Steelers though) and i'm going out on a limb now and say the Patriots will play either the Packers or the Saints in the Superbowl.
Hard to bet against the Pats and Packers for the SB at the moment but you never know. 49ers are looking excellent and even though their record isn't perfect I do like the look of the Texans - or more accurately the skill of Deshaun Watson who is playing out of his skin ATM - although with JJ Watt getting injured (again) I suspect their defence is now vulnerable.

510NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Nov 04 2019, 01:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yay Boncey - the Bills got their win albeit against the Redskins who are now 1 - 8. But a win's a win and they're looking like contenders at 6 - 2.
Steelers absolutely stole it with the last kick of the game too. Exciting stuff.
Thought the London game would be a really tough test for the Texans against divisional rivals the Jags - in what to me looks like the toughest division of them all - but they strolled it with the aid some more magic from Watson who for me is shaping up as the QB of the season. Thought they coped in defence really well without JJ Watt. And the Chiefs finally scraped a win without Mahomes.
Oh - and the Packers lost!

Late game should be interesting as the Pats are playing their first game of a very tricky run starting with the Ravens tonight and over the next few weeks we'll find out if they're all they're cracked up to be. They've got the Eagles, the Cowboys and the Texans following that so we should learn a lot about them and where these teams are really at.

511NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Nov 04 2019, 16:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Pats got beat  cheers

512NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Nov 04 2019, 16:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:The Pats got beat  cheers
....with 3 tough games to come. There's hope for everyone Smile

513NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Nov 05 2019, 08:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And the Steelers won! I thought it was all over when Vinatieri stepped up but it was a bad kick thank God. I was surprised to see the Packers being so easily especially as the Chargers have been so inconsistent this year.

514NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Nov 05 2019, 10:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:And the Steelers won! I thought it was all over when Vinatieri stepped up but it was a bad kick thank God. I was surprised to see the Packers being so easily especially as the Chargers have been so inconsistent this year.
Goes to show there are a few teams that are in contention, some who have got better as the season has progressed and with injuries etc playing a part who knows how it will pan out?
That run of difficult games for the Pats I was on about really will sort the wheat from the chaff but I'm sticking with my top 12 for the post season.

515NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sat Nov 09 2019, 11:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could this be the week the 49ers lose their winning streak? They've got their divisional rivals the Seahawks (7 and 2) on Tuesday so it could/should be a cracker. No disrespect to the Steelers but this could be their toughest game so far.

516NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Nov 11 2019, 08:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll not mention the other results but the Steelers won again  cheers

Four game winning streak now and Minkah Fitzpatrick has been brilliant since he came in from the Dolphins.

517NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Nov 11 2019, 10:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'll not mention the other results but the Steelers won again  cheers

Four game winning streak now and Minkah Fitzpatrick has been brilliant since he came in from the Dolphins.
Yup - they’re looking good ATM.

518NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Nov 11 2019, 11:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We couldn't beat the Browns at their own place, which was a big disappointment. Frustrating season.

519NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Nov 11 2019, 14:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dolphins won again - WTF is going on?

520NFL's back again. - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Nov 13 2019, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another great week, the 49ers finally beaten in an epic game that they should have won in OT themselves.

Couple of shock results, the Saints beaten at home by the Falcons and the Chiefs losing to the Titans.

The Ravens look a good team and have a great QB and are one to watch in post season i reckon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum