Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 48]

761NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 08 2021, 02:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a game. Chiefs heads went inQ1 and they haven’t recovered - even Hill and Kelsey are dropping catches. It may be true that everything has gone wrong for them but the Buccs have done a number on them in every department and look worthy winners. Brady’s leadership is outstanding.

762NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 08 2021, 03:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All over now and that was a demolition. Brady - what a guy!

763NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 08 2021, 12:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seems to me that the key to last night’s victory was what happened to the Chiefs O line which simply couldn’t handle the excellent Buccs rush. With Mahomes less mobile than usual and inadequate protection, everything started to unravel for them from the start and it totally got into their heads.  
Usually reliable receivers started to drop catches, punts were sliced and short and the defence lost their discipline giving away massive yardage to stupid penalties. At no stage of the game did they look anything like the team they’ve been for the last two years. 
Brady kept it simple and turned the screw tighter and tighter executing an excellent game plan which strangled the life out of the opposition and with Mahomes having no time, mobility or options and a Chiefs defence that had lost the plot it turned into a rout.
Brilliant.

764NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 08 2021, 12:38

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Seems to me that the key to last night’s victory was what happened to the Chiefs O line which simply couldn’t handle the excellent Buccs rush. With Mahomes less mobile than usual and inadequate protection, everything started to unravel for them from the start and it totally got into their heads.  
Usually reliable receivers started to drop catches, punts were sliced and short and the defence lost their discipline giving away massive yardage to stupid penalties. At no stage of the game did they look anything like the team they’ve been for the last two years. 
Brady kept it simple and turned the screw tighter and tighter executing an excellent game plan which strangled the life out of the opposition and with Mahomes having no time, mobility or options and a Chiefs defence that had lost the plot it turned into a rout.
Brilliant.
Losing two starting tackles lost the game for the Chiefs... Mahomes was under pressure on almost every play.  His toe injury was apparent as well, limiting his mobility.  The magic just wasn't there as every pass play Mahomes was being pursued.  How many of the interceptions were made off a bobble by the receivers?  I have never seen so many drops that hit players in the helmet.  Taking nothing away from the bionic 43-year old, Brady is someone you just don't bet against.  Credit goes to Todd Bowles for the Bucs defensive display and head coach Bruce Arians who proved age is just a number.  Imagine how Robert Kraft and the Patriot fans feel today!

765NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 08 2021, 13:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
Losing two starting tackles lost the game for the Chiefs...
That was my point Obs - and it had a knock on effect all over the pitch, but you can't take anything away from the Buccs performance which was very professional bordering on clinical.

The Glazers have done it - I just hope they don't get the double with Man United winning the Prem.

766NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 08 2021, 16:06

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
That was my point Obs - and it had a knock on effect all over the pitch, but you can't take anything away from the Buccs performance which was very professional bordering on clinical.

The Glazers have done it - I just hope they don't get the double with Man United winning the Prem.
After watching Man City yesterday, they will be hard to beat.  Liverpool gifted them two goals, but that 5 point gap may prove untouchable.

767NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 08 2021, 17:08

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Brady wins the Super Bowl and City to win the league. Normal service has resumed

768NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Feb 10 2021, 13:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did stay up for the Super Bowl and was surprised how poorly the Chiefs played but that was down to the Bucs defense, they were fantastic. They never gave Mahomes a minute in the pocket and he got increasingly desperate trying to create something.  As mentioned the Chiefs O-line was missing a few starters but i don't think it would have affected the outcome too much.

769NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Feb 10 2021, 16:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I did stay up for the Super Bowl and was surprised how poorly the Chiefs played but that was down to the Bucs defense, they were fantastic. They never gave Mahomes a minute in the pocket and he got increasingly desperate trying to create something.  As mentioned the Chiefs O-line was missing a few starters but i don't think it would have affected the outcome too much.
I think the missing players were the key to the whole thing. The regular O line gave Mahomes loads of time all year - including when they beat the same Buccs in the regular season. Not saying that the Buccs weren't great, but they were playing against a weakened Chiefs team.

770NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Apr 29 2021, 08:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad story about a young man affected by multiple concussions from playing High School football. All sports need to do far more to research and deal with concussion and to be fair the NFL does lead the way on this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/56894868

771NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu May 13 2021, 13:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the fixtures for next season are out and my beloved Steelers are at Boncey's Bills for week 1. Losing start to the season for us then  Crying or Very sad

772NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu May 13 2021, 13:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:the fixtures for next season are out and my beloved Steelers are at Boncey's Bills for week 1. Losing start to the season for us then  Crying or Very sad
I hope so, but everything can change so quickly in the NFL.

773NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jun 22 2021, 08:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Carl Nassib is the first player to come out as gay, shouldn't be a thing but well done anyway. Can't see a footballer in this country doing the same just yet though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/57562545

774NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Aug 19 2021, 17:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preseason well underway now.

FWIW Bill's 16 Lions 15
Steelers 16 Cowboys 3

Bills v Bears on Saturday and Steelers v Lions on Sunday

775NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Aug 20 2021, 08:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking forward to the new season, can't see the Steelers doing anything this year.

776NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Aug 22 2021, 13:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking good lads:

and...

777NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Aug 22 2021, 18:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice.

778NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sat Sep 11 2021, 20:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

779NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 13 2021, 08:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i have to say i was pleasantly surprised to see my Steelers come back fro 10-0 down to beat Bonceys Bills  Very Happy

780NFL's back again. - Page 39 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Sep 13 2021, 11:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Well i have to say i was pleasantly surprised to see my Steelers come back fro 10-0 down to beat Bonceys Bills  Very Happy
Shut your gob! Neutral

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum