You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers News » Parkinson: There's nowhere to hide for Wanderers

Parkinson: There's nowhere to hide for Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Phil Parkinson will take criticism for Wanderers’ fading fortunes squarely on the chin.

Frustration is building just 10 games into the manager’s tenure, with Tuesday night’s demoralising defeat at Rochdale seeing the Whites dip outside the top six for the first time this season.

It is now seven games in league and cup since they last tasted victory, and only the bottom two – Coventry City and Oldham Athletic – have scored fewer than their haul of 10 goals.

Parkinson and his players felt the full force of 3,500 travelling fans’ fury at the Crown Oil Arena but has fronted up to accept responsibility for the downturn in results.

“It’s a very disappointing run and I will take the criticism for that firmly on my chin,” he told The Bolton News. “I am the manager and when you have bad runs in football there’s no hiding place, you have to come out fighting.

“We need to stick together. I don’t want to stand and be critical of individuals for their performances right now but when we come to the end of the season, we’ll look back and see the players who stood up to be counted when we needed them, produced when a bit of pressure came our way.”

Wanderers host Oxford United this weekend at the Macron and while Parkinson accepts there will be an “air of negativity” about recent results, he has pleaded with the fans to stay behind the players.

“We have to be strong on Saturday,” he said. “I accept there will be negativity about the performance and the result. When you get a terrific away following like we did against Rochdale and don’t give them what they deserve it is very, very disappointing.

“We wanted to put on a performance and were unable to do it. The fans voiced their disapproval and you can understand it. We have to stick together and come out fighting at the weekend.”

Parkinson admits his players have been wasteful in the last few weeks but refuses to put the slump down to a lack of effort.

“There was no lack of effort from the lads at all. You need big moments to win games of football. Goals change the belief and feeling on the pitch and we so desperately need someone to produce a moment to give us a lift.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
i think Parky needs to change his mentality slightly, we need to be more attacking at home.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Norpig wrote:i think Parky needs to change his mentality slightly, we need to be more attacking at home.
Agreed if you send players out to contain some of the shit we've played this season it sounds out a very poor message about how much confidence he has in them.
I believe that if we went out with the intention of going after teams from minute one, pressing high and getting men forward we would have more points than we have now.
He makes Freedman look like a trailblazer.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
For a start he needs to drop Trotter and Proctor, two utter bellends who are simply not footballers.

Ridiculous that we sold Woolery, the only pace we had in the whole squad.

And Alex Samizadeh should start against Oxford, he clearly has an eye for goal. Is it possible to be worse than Proctor - zero league goals from 5 starts?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Natasha Whittam wrote:For a start he needs to drop Trotter and Proctor, two utter bellends who are simply not footballers.

Ridiculous that we sold Woolery, the only pace we had in the whole squad.

And Alex Samizadeh should start against Oxford, he clearly has an eye for goal. Is it possible to be worse than Proctor - zero league goals from 5 starts?
Samizadeh is about 3 feet tall, how would that benefit us given Parkinsons hoofball tactics?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@MartinBWFC wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:For a start he needs to drop Trotter and Proctor, two utter bellends who are simply not footballers.

Ridiculous that we sold Woolery, the only pace we had in the whole squad.

And Alex Samizadeh should start against Oxford, he clearly has an eye for goal. Is it possible to be worse than Proctor - zero league goals from 5 starts?
Samizadeh is about 3 feet tall, how would that benefit us given Parkinsons hoofball tactics?
Proctor spends 90% of his time outside the wingers and the fullbacks so how does that benefit us, the evidence that nothing is a benefit to PPs hoofball tactics is that we're the third lowest scorers in the division

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Walsall's front men were also about 3 feet tall, and they literally ran rings around our lumbering defence.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@MartinBWFC wrote:
Samizadeh is about 3 feet tall, how would that benefit us given Parkinsons hoofball tactics?

As I've said, could he be any worse than Proctor? Short of scoring an own goal I don't think so.

Is there a difference between a 6ft striker being outjumped every single time and a 5ft striker being outjumped every time?

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Yes, about 12"......

(Sorry.)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bread2.0 wrote:Yes, about 12"......

(Sorry.)

Are you already hankering after the 'Most Intelligent Poster' for this year?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Bread2.0 wrote:Yes, about 12"......

(Sorry.)

Are you already hankering after the 'Most Intelligent Poster' for this year?
No he just likes saying about 12" and no other question he might get asked warrants that as a truthful reply. 
About 3" isn't as satisfying to say.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You need to seek professional help regarding your obsession with knobs.

Or just come out.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Laughing

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Natasha Whittam wrote:You need to seek professional help regarding your obsession with knobs.

Or just come out.
I'm not obsessed with you so my knob obsession is still under control

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum