Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

N'gog to leave?!

+4
Mallorca Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1N'gog to leave?! Empty N'gog to leave?! Mon Jul 16 2012, 14:41

Reports in the French press suggesting he's keen to leave.

I find myself in two minds about this (if it's true). On the one hand I'm interested to see how he gets on in the championship, we need more up front rather than less at the moment, plus we'd be lucky to get £2 million for him.

On the other we didn't see much in the prem to suggest he's got 15-20 goals a season in him, so if we get rid surely Coyle will be in the market for a decent replacement, one that's surely a better finisher? How would everyone else feel about this?

2N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Mon Jul 16 2012, 14:44

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

id let him go for 3/4 million...

id HOPE he did well in the championship.... but I have a feeling he will be just as shit...

so stay - he may or may not come good.

Leave - has to be replaced but sordel will be up in the pecking order.

3N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Mon Jul 16 2012, 14:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would love it if this is true. Ngog did nothing in the PL to suggest he will score goals at any level. I know people don't like to hear this, but he will be too lightweight in the Championship.

We must start with Sordell upfront.

4N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Mon Jul 16 2012, 15:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I would love it if this is true. Ngog did nothing in the PL to suggest he will score goals at any level. I know people don't like to hear this, but he will be too lightweight in the Championship.

We must start with Sordell upfront.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

5N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Mon Jul 16 2012, 15:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't get it.

6N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Mon Jul 16 2012, 16:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thats my face when i read your post.

7N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Mon Jul 16 2012, 16:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Thats my face when i read your post.

Oh right, you're older than I thought.

Come on though, don't you think Ngog will struggle with the physical side of the Championship?

8N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Mon Jul 16 2012, 22:30

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

It's the wrong time to sell him now. His stock is down so we'd get a poor fee... Give him 12 months in the Championship & hopefully he can get a few goals... Then try & fire him off if we still think he's not going to be prem quality..

Based on the assumption we go up...

9N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Mon Jul 16 2012, 22:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He did a decent job of holding the ball up and I think he will be a revelation in the Championship ( depending on the format that Coyle chooses )

You can't get fuck all for £2 million these days so let's see what he can do in the Championship.

10N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Tue Jul 17 2012, 00:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

There'd be more value in keeping him than taking a 2 million loss on him now.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:12

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If a figure of 2-3million came in for him and the board were willing to back up an extra 2million after to help bring in another striker then I would let Ngog go.

I have to disagree with a few who think he will somehow become a better player in the championship, he is good at holding the ball up I don't doubt that but I don't think he will start banging the goals in.....I hope I am wrong but he just doesn't look like a prolific goal scorer at any level.

12N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's still to early to tell.

At Liverpool he was almost exclusively used as a sub, when he started for them in Europe he generally was praised, and often scored.

he played second fiddle to torres so was getting 10 and less minutes a game, not even the best players can make much of a difference in that environment.

he came here and was asked to completely change his game, to go from an "anelka type" on the shoulder and off the corner type player, to a hold up man, which he did incredibly well.

13N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

he came here and was asked to completely change his game, to go from an "anelka type" on the shoulder and off the corner type player, to a hold up man, which he did incredibly well.

Rubbish. He didn't do anything incredibly well. Poor, poor player and dropping down a division won't make any difference.

I have no doubt Coyle will start with Ngog, but I guarantee you that by the end of September he'll be on the bench. I'll stake my reputation on it.

14N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair enough, if he is i will happily say he's flopped.

but all this hyperbole about him being the worst player ever is just utter nonsense.

for someone who has never been asked to play as a hold up man in his life, he did it well.

Imagine if someone asked you to go from a managing director at a multi million pound company to sweeping the streets, you'd take some time to adjust.

15N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a professional football, surely he sould be good at all aspects of football?

16N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, thats why goalkeepers are brilliant strikers, and strikers are great at tackling.

.... try again.

17N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Tue Jul 17 2012, 13:12

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we could get our money back I'd sell. But not for a penny less than what we paid. I'm hoping to see a big improvement from him this season. Remember when we signed Nathan Blake? I don't think he scored in his first season with us did he? Then we got relegated and he was unstoppable in the championship. I'm hoping Ngog can do the same.

18N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Tue Jul 17 2012, 13:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yes, thats why goalkeepers are brilliant strikers, and strikers are great at tackling.

.... try again.

Ok, I'll re-phrase. A striker should be able to do all the things associated with striking to a high standard.

19N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Tue Jul 17 2012, 14:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a perfect world that would be. Every player at the absolute pinnacle of the game in every position.

would make for some very competitive leagues.

20N'gog to leave?! Empty Re: N'gog to leave?! Tue Jul 17 2012, 14:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:If we could get our money back I'd sell. But not for a penny less than what we paid. I'm hoping to see a big improvement from him this season. Remember when we signed Nathan Blake? I don't think he scored in his first season with us did he? Then we got relegated and he was unstoppable in the championship. I'm hoping Ngog can do the same.

This.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum