Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ngog

+5
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Lofty_Love
Bolton Nuts
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ngog Empty Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 14:55

Bolton Nuts

Admin

David Ngog.
Any good?

I thought he did well yesterday when he came on but found myself thinking JUST HIT IT FOR FOOKS SAKE!

Anyone else feel like that? He Held up the ball well. Used his pace well, even broke through defence well a couple of times. He had a half chance to shoot about 3 or four times and every single time he bottled it and tried to cut back inside as if he needed a totally clear shot on goal. Was he trying to be too clever or just scared to death of missing?

Is it just low confidence? Will he eventually start banging them in? Or is he going to be yet another Bolton Wanderers no-goal striker?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 14:58

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Low confidence, without a doubt.

He is never going to be a superstar but if I were to make a list of worst performers of the season he would be very low.

Its just unfortunate for him that he has to fit into a 4-5-1 team where very few opportunities are created.

A lot of people tend to forget hes only 23.

Last edited by Lofty_Love on Sun Apr 22 2012, 14:59; edited 1 time in total

3Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 14:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a striker, plain and simple. He was bought to score goals. He hasn't.

For some reason, just like Elmander, people seem to be praising him for doing a bit of running or holding the ball up - things any PL player should be able to do.

A sriker is expected to score goals. End of.

4Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:12

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:He's a striker, plain and simple. He was bought to score goals. He hasn't.

For some reason, just like Elmander, people seem to be praising him for doing a bit of running or holding the ball up - things any PL player should be able to do.

A sriker is expected to score goals. End of.

Elmander had 3 years, N'gog has had one in which we have constantly been in a relegation fight.

Elmander never had a season in which he had less opportunities than N'gog has this season.

I don't get where this view that Elmander always tried hard has come from, I certainly never thought he did.

Elmander cost more than twice as much and was proably on double the wage

Kevin Davies has never been a top goal scorer but has had a great career with us so I don't really agree that strikers must score goals, teams must score goals.

Having said that I think N'gog will be more of a goal scorer when we can eventually play a system which fits him with two up front. (and a team capable of doing this)

5Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:13

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nobody minded Kevin Davies scoring no goals as a striker for about 7 years.

You haven't been to a game since 1999 Natasha, so I'll make the same comparison with David Reeves for your benefit. He was a foil for Philiskirk.

How about Peter Beardsley in his prime?

As Lofty says, Ngog is playing in a role where he is expected to feed off scraps, hold the ball up and bring others into the game. We are lacking in midfielders able to make those effective runs, the way players were able to for Kevin Davies in latter years; Nolan, Diouf, Stelios etc.

6Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Nobody minded Kevin Davies scoring no goals as a striker for about 7 years.

You haven't been to a game since 1999 Natasha, so I'll make the same comparison with David Reeves for your benefit. He was a foil for Philiskirk.

How about Peter Beardsley in his prime?

As Lofty says, Ngog is playing in a role where he is expected to feed off scraps, hold the ball up and bring others into the game. We are lacking in midfielders able to make those effective runs, the way players were able to for Kevin Davies in latter years; Nolan, Diouf, Stelios etc.

Totally agree, been saying similar in other threads.

sick of the moaning about NGog.

7Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:21

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't think we have any stand out poor players in the team now like say Knight and Robinson were earlier in the year. We have a good enough team to stay up.

I think its up to Coyle now, ive always kept faith in him and hope he can do the right things in these remaining games to get the points, he didn't against Swansea, we played too deep, just have to hope he sorts it out for the rest.

8Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin Davies has never scored bags of goals, true. But in his prime he was part of a partnership - his partner being expected to score goals.

If Ngog was creating chances for others, like Davies in is prime, he'd be the first name on my teamsheet. But Ngog was bought to score goals, not to play the Davies role.

He cost £4m and still you bellends defend him like he was bought for a set of tracksuits and a bag of peanuts.

9Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:38

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You're very fond of characterising me as someone who defends players.

I only appear to you to be someone who defends players because you make so many exaggerated criticisms of them.

Do you not think if you were more reasonable and balanced in your judgements that when I commented on them I would find less to disagree with?

I suspect you do it on purpose, of course, but this does not make me someone who is fond of defending players. It makes me someone who is fond of pointing out that you're a plonker of the highest order.

10Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:You're very fond of characterising me as someone who defends players.

I only appear to you to be someone who defends players because you make so many exaggerated criticisms of them.

Do you not think if you were more reasonable and balanced in your judgements that when I commented on them I would find less to disagree with?

I suspect you do it on purpose, of course, but this does not make me someone who is fond of defending players. It makes me someone who is fond of pointing out that you're a plonker of the highest order.

I have no idea what you do for a living but you can't be anywhere near the top of your profession.

At the top of ANY profession, the employees are expected to perform. Yes, they experience pressure but they deal with it and don't whinge.

These Bolton players are at the top of their profession, being paid vast sums to do things that a League 2 player can't. I am sick of people defending players just because they run around a bit or hold the ball up. So what, I could do that.

Where has the flair been this season? Where have the great goals gone? When was that bit of magical skill lost that turned a game in our favour?

If more pressure had been put on Coyle and the players perhaps we wouldn't be in this mess.

11Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 16:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There, you say something reasonable and I agree with it in part.

It's when you use exaggerations like "worst player ever", "I've never seen him play and he's shite" and I disagree.

We haven't got many players with a great deal of flair.

12Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 16:04

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
These Bolton players are at the top of their profession, being paid vast sums to do things that a League 2 player can't. I am sick of people defending players just because they run around a bit or hold the ball up. So what, I could do that.

Where has the flair been this season? Where have the great goals gone? When was that bit of magical skill lost that turned a game in our favour?

If more pressure had been put on Coyle and the players perhaps we wouldn't be in this mess.

N'gogs goal against Everton (+build up)

Bogdans great performances (super QPR 'save')

M.Davies long range power shot vs Wigan

The 4-0 win over QPR

With Gary Cahills super shot

The 5-0 win over Stoke

The 3-1 battering of Liverpool

Ricketts awesome shot on his first game back

The play for Klasnics winner against QPR

Even our goal against Swansea was nicely done

Theres more but my fingers are getting tired...

We have scored some good goals, and we have shown flair (sometimes)

13Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 16:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem comes when you expect Bolton to play like Barca...

14Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 16:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Ngog does a similar job to Elmander, but has just even less quality in front of goal.

Elmander could turn and shoot, and he would run at defenders. On the rare occasion that Ngog shoots, it's flat as a witches tit and efforts to take the ball past defenders are few and far between and rarely successful.

£2m would have been a fair price tag.

15Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 20:40

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'll give him another season but the service is not there right now. However I don't see the ball control I would expect. So not sure just yet. You saw Sturridge, Chungy, Wilts.....all with instant ball control and the potential to go on. With Ngog I don't see that..... not to say any of the others have it either....but this post is about Ngog.

16Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 20:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wilshere and Sturridge are top quality players. Evidenced by the fact we could only loan them.

Ngog isn't as good as them and never will be.

but he isn't anywhere near as bad as people make out.

17Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Sun Apr 22 2012, 21:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Davies in his prime for bolton had quality players around him making the runs off him for when he won a flick on, Frandsen, Nolan and Youri, who would get the goals that Davies didn't.

Ngog is on a hiding to nothing as not one midfielder gets close to him when he wins the ball and holds it up. Also ngog always seem to have his back to goal and runs along the back 4 instead of running through it waiting for a ball to his feet.

18Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Mon Apr 23 2012, 23:01

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Ngog - well short of the mark at Liverpool. Exactly the same for us. Doesn't look like scoring in a month of Sundays ! Might make the French diving team at this summer's Olympics though.

19Ngog Empty Re: Ngog Tue Apr 24 2012, 19:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

during his stint at Liverpool he mainly came off the bench, but i would agree, i don't think he's good enough to play at that level.

I do think he can do a job for us though!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum