Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst Decade of Fashion for Men

+5
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Lard Lad
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Decade of Fashion for Men Tue Jan 14 2020, 08:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I still wear - and have always worn since the 70s - Levi's and desert boots, although these days it tends to be with a T shirt rather than a grandad T shirt from the charity shop. However my missus keeps buying me collarless and brightly coloured shirts so I think she wants me back in the day. If she wants the hair to go with it she can pay for the transplant as a syrup is out of the question. Point is the 70s have never gone out of fashion apart from the stupid disco part or the punk binbag part - even Oakleys are still fashionable ( I wear them when weather permits) - and there's a Levi store in one of the malls in Norwich.
Don't wear a shoulder bag any more though although I did have a blue one in the 70's to keep my weed accessories and other bits and bobs in and I don't do patches, jesus sandals or oversize jackets any more but....
Men's fashion week 2020 - straight out of the '70's!
Bloody hell Lusty. Your style shouts, 'Man about town'.

Mine shouts , 'Big Issue'.

22Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Decade of Fashion for Men Tue Jan 14 2020, 12:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I still wear - and have always worn since the 70s - Levi's and desert boots, although these days it tends to be with a T shirt rather than a grandad T shirt from the charity shop. However my missus keeps buying me collarless and brightly coloured shirts so I think she wants me back in the day. If she wants the hair to go with it she can pay for the transplant as a syrup is out of the question. Point is the 70s have never gone out of fashion apart from the stupid disco part or the punk binbag part - even Oakleys are still fashionable ( I wear them when weather permits) - and there's a Levi store in one of the malls in Norwich.
Don't wear a shoulder bag any more though although I did have a blue one in the 70's to keep my weed accessories and other bits and bobs in and I don't do patches, jesus sandals or oversize jackets any more but....
Men's fashion week 2020 - straight out of the '70's!
Bloody hell Lusty. Your style shouts, 'Man about town'.
More mutton dressed as lamb TBH.
Point is apart from the unfortunate blip of the '80's when "fashion" was a train crash - everything since has been variations on what folk were wearing in the '70s - the most creative fashion decade in history - as hippie, punk, rock and disco collided. What other decade has this range?

Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 2Q==
Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 2Q==
Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdEzbQU0Wy3IgrGexbp_krJGZD-gHoWAAgt4OxQBVk_l3XihuH&s
Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Z

I guess I'm stuck in a fashion time warp between the Ramones and Beefheart with a bit of Joni Mitchell thrown into the mix - but I've never seen a valid reason to change, although various women have tried to "smarten me up" over the years. Now I'm not working the truth of the matter is that I wear what's clean and at the top of the pile - but always Levi's and dessies.

23Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Decade of Fashion for Men Tue Jan 14 2020, 13:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't even wait for my clothes to be ironed. I usually wear odd socks too, because I just grab one for each foot. Who cares about the colour.
Never leave the house without a cap though.

24Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Decade of Fashion for Men Tue Jan 14 2020, 13:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I don't even wait for my clothes to be ironed. I usually wear odd socks too, because I just grab one for each foot. Who cares about the colour.
You just grab one for each foot?

Do you not put the pairs together then turn them inside out making a sock ball to keep them together or is that a relatively new thing? Very Happy

25Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Decade of Fashion for Men Tue Jan 14 2020, 13:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I don't even wait for my clothes to be ironed. I usually wear odd socks too, because I just grab one for each foot. Who cares about the colour.
You just grab one for each foot?

Do you not put the pairs together then turn them inside out making a sock ball to keep them together or is that a relatively new thing? Very Happy
It's a sock. Just a bag for the end of your leg. I don't think anyone checks out my socks, and if they did I'd give them a wide berth.
They're usually more worried about what's liable to pop out of my normally disheveled trousers. I tend to keep a lot of stuff in my pockets, producing some rather alarming bulges.

26Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Decade of Fashion for Men Tue Jan 14 2020, 15:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor Boncey had a fall in Warrington town centre today  Laughing

Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 14990340737_a015488855_b

27Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Decade of Fashion for Men Tue Jan 14 2020, 15:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

28Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Decade of Fashion for Men Tue Jan 14 2020, 15:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Poor Boncey had a fall in Warrington town centre today  Laughing

Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 14990340737_a015488855_b
Nice Levi's Bonce!

29Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Decade of Fashion for Men Tue Jan 14 2020, 16:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can assure you he's a bit of a dandy compared to me. We do seem to have one thing in common though. They've taken away his laces.

30Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Decade of Fashion for Men Tue Jan 14 2020, 16:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus I can smell him from here in that pic! Very Happy

31Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Decade of Fashion for Men Tue Jan 14 2020, 16:28

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Worst Decade of Fashion for Men - Page 2 81gfbd10  LIKE THIS Boncey?
karlypants wrote:Why did you get a prayer cap? Was it some sort of secret Santa?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum